It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe was created ten seconds ago.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: andy06shake

Mathematics shows "Order over chaos" and begins with 0 in the Fibonacci series
0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 etc
Mathematics can describe the way things grow ... from a daisy to a galaxy

Is the Universe by chance or design?

wrong question. is the origin of the universe relevant to your significance as a human being and resident of planet earth?

no. you are still very, very insignificant. but at least you are not alone.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
Gumball ROCKS............some funny sh#t there.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yes ...
I personally like to suspend disbelief and entertain the idea that there is a Higher Intelligence at play ... For me this personally explains a lot

link   
a reply to: artistpoet

The concept of Phi or Golden ratio repeated in nature and displayed time and time again regarding our reality seems to suggest a code of sorts.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
a reply to: moebius

I agree and if you take that from 2 Peter 3:8 then he made it in 7000 years.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yes good point ... we are all but small parts of something far greater
That much we share in common

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

As an artist I love Fibonacci / Geometry as it gives a basis for composition

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

But are we separate from the whole or are we individuals? Which begs the question is consciousness or the illusion of such a shared group experience or somewhat of a more personal nature?

This short video entertains some interesting questions regarding reality, think the author is also a member on ATS.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

End of the day we simply do not have the tools to allow us to answer the question yet.

More like end of our perception. We are three D denizens trying to envision four D.

Like 2d flatlanders trying to understand "up".

Heres the best we can do from here and now.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

But are we separate from the whole or are we individuals?

That question is objective, making you both separate and an individual. And unique.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

So he made it 10sec ago in 7000years? oO ...sry dont even want to argue - its just a reflex that I want to start a debate as soon someone quotes a "holy text".

To the Op ...I think the very thought that everything (incuding our memory of the past) could have started this very moment (or 10sec. ago) is very intriguing. Good food for thought and we will never know for sure ...sadly you rarely find anybody to even talk about such things.

And to the "gender of god" ... man and women is only relevant to humans because we have a limited lifespan and our species have to reproduce to survive. So an everlasting omipotent entity wouldnt be dependent of this "dual-gender-concept" imo.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So its a multiple choice answer deepening on perspective?

See this is where my head starts to hurt.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Good vid

But are we separate from the whole or are we individuals?

I think we are individuals within the whole
Like notes in a musical score

Yes life is a personal experience ... we are in it together yet each has their own unique story to tell about it

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Where do you stand on predestination verses freewill considering there direct contradiction to one another?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Well in my opinion God is outside of time. What that means to me is that, God is present and aware at every temporal point simultaneously, and aware of what is going on at every temporal point simultaneously.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I know its hard to make it simple. Your ability to question anything makes you separate (objective) to whatever it is you are questioning.

The you that asks about something else is… you.

You are you, not anything or anyone else. The idea of individuality is lost and obscured today in the form of join, belong, be a part of, why don't you go along, conform and obey. Whats wrong with you? That kind of pressure if you refuse to stay in line…

presents at us from every angle. The desire to be accepted and loved has been twisted to join this or that club ideology, nationalistic, religious, class, whatever, simultaneously accusing us of not belonging while confusing our individuality.

You know who you are beneath it all (state your name). They real you is in there, just fettered with all the conditioning you have been subjected to from early childhood.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I think ... Our destiny depends on the choices we make ...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

But if indeed our individual nature regarding reality is are akin to notes in a musical score then our actions/decisions/choices would somewhat influence the tone of the musical score. That's not music that's random noise considering the randomness of individual choice.

Our destiny to a point, at least in this reality, seems to be directly related to the environment we are born in to. Im not suggesting the choice does not influence our life. I am suggesting however that some people are presented with more choices than others with regards to where they will end up in life.

Personally i imagine freewill is an illusion, which is not to say i subscribe to the notion of predestination. Just that certain aspects of our reality seem to be determined by powers outwith our control long before our conception.

Suppose the question is if there is a creator or guiding force regarding our universe does he/she/it have a plan or is it simply sitting back and watching the show unfold?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

But are we separate from the whole or are we individuals? Which begs the question is consciousness or the illusion of such a shared group experience or somewhat of a more personal nature?

This short video entertains some interesting questions regarding reality, think the author is also a member on ATS.

I have seen this video before. Full of awesome information and reminds me that in battleground in Wartune I am often saying in 'current chat' "Stop spawn camping you noob and don't answer me in Tagalog, this isn't an Indo server!!"

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Certainty agree as to us being conditioned to think, feel and act in a certain way. Yesterdays organised religion being today's mass media networks.

Short of isolating oneself away from the rest of reality, which kind of defeats the purpose of life, i really dont see anyway out of there control anytime soon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join