It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe was created ten seconds ago.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Why? Why not? The creator created the universe the way it is when he felt like it.

Just think about it. If you accept an omnipotent creator capable of creating universes, the whole age of the universe concept is completely pointless. And any creationist insisting on a creation date is just pulling numbers out of his a##, just like I did in the thread title.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

and anyone who disagrees on religious grounds - please read your own scripture

link   

Time is relative to the observer. Seconds on the other hand are a very human measurement of time.

13.82 billion years could well indeed be perceived as 10 seconds, perception being the definitive factor, just depends on where this omnipotent being is standing.

edit on 9-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

He makes all thing's new, it was just created right now and it is called the present.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

the rate of the expanding universe would bring that into question....

I cant believe im actually discussing this!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
Why? Why not? The creator created the universe the way it is when he felt like it.

Just think about it. If you accept an omnipotent creator capable of creating universes, the whole age of the universe concept is completely pointless. And any creationist insisting on a creation date is just pulling numbers out of his a##, just like I did in the thread title.

Utterly sublime

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
That's nothing, wait until they find out that "He" is a "She"...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Why would any omnipotent being require a sex?

Just like the concepts of good and evil any truly omnipotent being with the ability to create a universe at will would be above such notions.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I've always wondered why people personify God as a male/father when it makes more sense (imo) that a female/mother birthed/created life.

We do live in a very male dominated society. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Seems like some religions really have a chip on their shoulder about women...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Fraiser

Sex is really nothing more than a biological tool. Humanity somewhat anthropomorphizes our image of God or a creator.

Far as i can see all organised religions have a chip on there shoulder hence the violent acts perpetrated in the name of there god or gods throughout recorded history.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Sometimes I hope it will end in 10 seconds..

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
All space , matter , energy and even time was contained in that original singularity. All time has already happened. It is merely our perception of the slice of time that belongs to us do we perceive.

And God said "let there be light...." thus began the great expansion some call the "Big Bang"
Peace...

edit on 9-1-2016 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The female aspect is the womb/void in which the Universe was created
Nothing comes into existence unless it is nurtured in the female

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fraiser

I've always wondered why people personify God as a male/father when it makes more sense (imo) that a female/mother birthed/created life.

We do live in a very male dominated society. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Seems like some religions really have a chip on their shoulder about women...

Because the men who write ancient scripture are arrogant men. It's pretty evident when you look at all the masculine-empowerment positions in the bible. When men hold power, males tend to override female rights.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
So all my memories of last night were fake? Thank the laud.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

What about viruses? They exist and even reproduce without the notion of the male or female aspect.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well if fod was a woman, she sure Hates women.
So much unfounded hate does suggest a woman though so I suppose you might be right

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

My point was a general one

Viruses could not exist if the Universe did not exist

Hence " The female aspect is the womb/void in which the Universe was created
Nothing comes into existence unless it is nurtured in the female"

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Well if fod was a woman, she sure Hates women.
So much unfounded hate does suggest a woman though so I suppose you might be right

The female aspect is one part of the Universe

When we speak of hate we do so from a Human perspective ... as such ... Some people hate women would be closer to the mark

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If we can land robots on comets and send them to Mars, I think we have a fair perspective of time based on the laws of Physics, which you'd have to admit were created by God to maintain the perfect order and harmony of the entire universe.

Therefore this whole 10 second idea sounds pretty silly to me. I believe in a creator of the universe. Not so sure about the way God is interpreted to be in the Holy Scriptures though. Those were written so long ago that they didn't have accurate scientific measurements like we do now, so they tried their best to explain with what knowledge was available to them.

Deistic Evolutionist for the win!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join