It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Freemasonry like agreeing to follow a blank contract?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
sorority stuff doesn't really exist in OZ we kinda laugh at yanks and that tradition. So I can't comment.

That sucks. You are missing out on all the good stuff; trying on each other's cute outfits, pillow fights in your underwear, becoming the victims of a panty raid, etcetera.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah I went to university to learn, call me weird.

That whole cheer leader sorority thing is American, we don't really have it much in the OZ or the UK or Europe, Asia etc we don't really like that kind of American thing.

Don't feel like I missed anything, think I was lucky.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Yeah I went to university to learn, call me weird.

You can still learn and be in a sorority. You just do not get to have the aforementioned pillow fights with your sorority sisters.

That whole cheer leader sorority thing is American, we don't really have it much in the OZ or the UK or Europe, Asia etc we don't really like that kind of American thing.

Don't feel like I missed anything, think I was lucky.

A good portion of it is the ability to use your fellow fraternity or sorority members as part of a larger network later in life. When you require a reference or possibly assistance when looking for a position it can be extremely valuable.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What do you want from me? I had no sorority, and I did incredibly well in work and business.
I would never accept an employees referee as a someone they drank with and did "panty raids" with, I would laugh at anyone who would put that down in a job app.

Who you know may work for you..... what you know is what works for me.
edit on 10-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: sp

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

What do you want form me?

A hug.

I had no sorority, and I did incredibly well in work and business.

No one said being in a fraternity or sorority was the only way to achieve success.

I would never accept an employees referee as a someone they drank with and did "panty raids" with, I would laugh at anyone who would put that down in a job app.

Who you know may work for you..... what you know is what works for me.

Scenario. Two people are looking for a position you are hiring for. Both applicants are equally qualified but you know one personally, who do you hirer? I would take the known quantity over the unknown.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have been in that situation, I went for the unknown as I didn't them personally but know wha they had achieved.
My personal friend was pissed at me, but hey it was the right choice in the end.
Does that help or frustrate you?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I have been in that situation, I went for the unknown as I didn't them personally but know wha they had achieved.
My personal friend was pissed at me, but hey it was the right choice in the end.
Does that help or frustrate you?

Neither, since it was not the scenario I proposed, I said all things being equal.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Who said all applicants weren't equal?

They pretty much were.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

If I am reading what you posted clearly it said you said you picked the unknown because you knew what they achieved.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

and? There were other there considerations. But am I only right if I chose my friend in your eyes>?
edit on 10-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

and? There were there considerations. But am I only right if I chose my friend in your eyes>?

No, but the scenario I proposed did not involve their being any appreciable distinction in talent or experience.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

All your posts are showing dear Gaius, are that you find who you know more important than what you know.

If I got where I was from what I know, (and of course getting to know colleagues) don't get persnickety with me.
If you got where you are from who you are in a organization and who you know, well good for you. Im happy your are happy.

There is no need to dissect how I achieved things, and not how you achieved things.

The fact you immediately took my comment to discussing girly panties and pillow fights and wanting to hug me is kinda patronizing for a relatively clever or accomplished woman and reaffirms my previous statement that I can't imagine that there would be many women who want to play at masons.

ETA lets take my recruitment guidelines to another thread....

ETA x 2 do Masons get two coloured light sabers now! whaaaat !!
edit on 10-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

All your posts are showing dear Gaius, are that you find who you know more important than what you know.

Of course who you know is important, anyone who tells you otherwise is full of s***.

If I were going to buy, say a piece of jewelry, who would I go to? Would I go to someone I knew and trusted or someone I did not? Who would you patronize?

If I got where I was from what I know, (and of course getting to know colleagues) don't get persnickety with me.
If you got where you are from who you are in a organization and who you know, well good for you. Im happy your are happy.

I like to think I got to where I am on my merits. The point I am making is that if you do not think having a network is not a resource in life, both personally and professionally, you are lying to yourself.

There is no need to dissect how I achieved things, and not how you achieved things.

Who is dissecting how you achieved anything?

The fact you immediately took my comment to discussing girly panties and pillow fights and wanting to hug me is kinda patronizing for a relatively clever or accomplished woman and reaffirms my previous statement that I can't imagine that there would be many women who want to play at masons.

I tend to be rather irreverent and if you think that I think that sorority life is all pillow fights and panties you need to be a lot less serious and uptight. And no, I do not want to hug you, unless of course you need me to hug you, then I would be happy to give you one.

ETA lets take my recruitment guidelines to another thread....

We do not recruit but I would be happy to discuss this elsewhere.

ETA x 2 do Masons get two coloured light sabers now! whaaaat !!

We get as many as we want.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyager1
I thought signing up would be a quick way to extinguish my enemies and smash them in the ground.

That would be a very poor reason to join Freemasonry.

a reply to: ZacharyW
In my jurisdiction, it takes a unanimous ballot for a petitioner to be accepted. If the ballot is negative the petitioner is informed and he must wait 6-months before attempting to petition my Lodge again.

There is no secret, hidden, or "chosen" group in Freemasnry that is Satanic. No Mason would ever ask another to destroy their possessions...even as a "test". Ones advancement through the degrees of any order of Freemasonry, not just Scottish Rite, is dependent on ones merits not their bloodline or lineage.

The rules, regulations, by-laws, constitution, and edicts concern Freemasonry. Freemasonry is not involved with mind control or the corrupt reward system you described. All you've shown us is that you can parrot something...bravo...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Maybe it has nothing to do with Masons but powerful people from other walks instead. I don't know it just seems like since I joined Freemasonry my life has went to hell in a hand basket. Maybe its because I left, who knows?

Our whole misfortune might have been our own short comings, bad luck, bad time to be alive, wrong place at the right time, too much competition, old contacts retiring replaced by new A holes who don't know us etc. A bad economy sure didn't help. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, hundreds of businesses went under, thousands even. Were lucky to still be here for now. I don't know how much longer we can continue. I'm scrambling to find something else to do now though.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyager1
I don't know it just seems like since I joined Freemasonry my life has went to hell in a hand basket. Maybe its because I left, who knows?

If you were actually a member you would know the demitting process was as simple as writing the secretary and telling him you no longer wanted to be a member. No one is going to compel you to stay or punish you for leaving.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No one is going to compel you to stay or punish you for leaving.

What! ...Not even a little "pipe work" from network dude
edit on 10-1-2016 by artistpoet because: fpog;b 87

edit on 10-1-2016 by artistpoet because: nyukv t]-yp;9cu

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
What! ...Not even a little "pipe work" from network dude

Well, there is that but a little violence never hurt anyone.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

That made me chuckle ... which takes some doing

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I've seen some funny things man. One time I got to take a water sample at a new sub division that only qualified people can do. You know the schooled kind, They showed me how to do it, I went and did it, brought it back, pissed the guy off working there who had done all of his schooling for it, he was pissed, said I'd have to take my info to the lady that sent me. so we get the papers all filled out and the lady wants me to sign it in yellow. Since when do we sign anything in yellow?

They have this yellow joke going around, Its like I could be going down the road and see a bill board sign that says I figure your colors yellow fellow, or it might be a bumper sticker in front of me or some prick wearing a shirt. They might send a kid by to ask if I lost this yellow thingamabob, you know what I'm saying? I can't think of all the instances. one of my daughters friends, said she almost got her dad a pair of yellow coveralls, figured they'd be perfect for him. I've never seen yellow coveralls that would be perfect for anyone.

Listen they stomp the piss out of you financially, confuse the hell out of you, allow you to get strung up like the ole west so they can shoot you down just before you die, then laugh their a## off. Burn the truck in my front yard and then come to find out theres no F####### insurance on it to even replace it and guess what, There hasn't been insurance on it in 5 yr's. About the same amount of time I've been a Mason. Hmm

The jokes are funny though, my back hurts every day because I'm over worked and under payed.
The only thing that helps to ease the pain sometimes is to slide off the edge of the couch to where the edge of the cussion supports my lower back, then just sit there for an hour.

I met a mason once who said that same sentence in joke fassion, they always catch you right as your waling up but telling some else........ Yeah my back hurts all the time, only thing that helps is to slide off the edge of the couch and until the corner of the couch supports my lower back and just stay there a while.

And I'm thinking.........only I know that. WTF? Happens all the time. Oh the jokes are non ending.
If I get one more kid throwing the yellow joke around, I'm gonna blow my top.

There are tons more, can't think of em all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join