It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder about you people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Again thank you all for the replies. Oh how I wish I could buy each of you the beverage of your choice and give you a crunk hug.

It's singularly strange how the internet has the capacity to help one feel more isolated or less alone.

Thank you ATS for your warmth and openess. I feel a bit more accepted on this crazy planet.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Forget that, I'd buy YOU a drink.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

It's a fun and interesting thread.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

OMG - I have not one, but two of those, in fact.....

...I defy any geek family to top mine when it comes to "Doctor Who" geekdom in the home -

- our guest bathroom is entirely 'Who' themed - from the Tardis Shower curtain to the hand towels embroidered with sonic screwdrivers, to various "Doctor Who" accessories, and the family photo of the three of us standing in front of an actual 'prop' Tardis when we visited the BBC Wales and toured "The Doctor Who Experience" last summer.

We also had a "Doctor Who" themed Christmas tree this year, though I did have to draw the line when it came to the string of lights shaped like Weeping Angels ('hungry' looking ones!)...

....I told 'the kids' (my husband and 17 yr old daughter) that they could put them up at Halloween..

Other than all that (to get more on topic), I enjoy ATS because as a middle-aged suburban housewife, my conversational opportunities are limited to the inane and insanely boring type of chit chat engaged in by your average soccer mom...

Oh, and if ATS was a bar, I'd be nursing a drink as I sort of skulk around the edges of the little groups of people - trying to find the most intriguing discussion to eavesdrop on..

edit on 9-1-2016 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You don't sound like the muslims people talk about, though, more like someone who was inspired through like a journey or something. So im not sure where you're perceiving hate, or that theres such thing as "progressive cool kids" hanging in the alley. Maybe want to try a ritzy coffee shop or someth. Alleys arent exactly the place to meet and talk "politics" na'mean?

Actually, I spent most of my life in the streets, mostly in the world of underground hip hop. Apparently, you'd be surprised if you actually went in those back alleys because we used to talk politics all the time. In fact, nearly all of my closest friends from high school were actual gang members, yet 2 of them are preachers now and several of the others do Christian rap. You shouldn't let stereotypes cloud your views. Literally the most honorable people I've ever met and the most devout believers I've ever met have come from projects, ghettos, and trailer parks.

As for me not "sounding like the Muslims people talk about", what does that even mean? Dave Chappelle and Mike Tyson are also American Muslims; do they sound like the "Muslims people talk about"? I'm literally no different than any other practicing Muslim. The problem is too many people on ATS focus on the violent people & jerks, as if violent people and jerks don't exist in every community. So yeah, if I only focused on atheists, Christians, Jews, and Hindus when one of them committed a crime, beat their significant others, or killed someone, I'd probably have a skewed view of them too.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Pardon my ignorance...but what is a crunk hug?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl
You need a Dalek cheese grater then. They do kind of look like cheese graters, ones that can exterminate you.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I'd love to know more about your occult studies and your path to religion.

Thanks. I actually had to find a really long post I did in another thread about my path to religion. That way, I won't have to retype it all lol.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I'm actually trying to forget those occult studies. I was a different person then, one who was literally trying to figure out how to take over the world. So I focused on the "myth/legend" called the "Cult of Immortals", as well as seances (which I now believe are channeling the Jinn), hypnosis (which I've concluded only works if a subject allows it to work); and a form of deep meditation that I thought would lead to remote viewing (hey, I wanted that power).

Needless to say, I never learned remote viewing. But I did reach a point where I can both "meditate" instantly, which has many uses, and meditate so deeply that I get "stuck" in my inner world. The longest I was "stuck" was for more than 2 weeks in the "dream", but when I woke up, only 15 minutes had passed. It makes it feel like I'm experiencing time warps, which actually sucks. It just happened to me yesterday, as well. And I never mastered hypnosis, though I can do it to an extent in face to face meetings. Though I reject it now, instead using that technique to empower a person by getting them to see their own potential (as opposed to attempting to manipulate that potential).

Sorry if I'm rambling a bit. I'm mixing a song right now but my brain is stumped & doesn't want to finish it.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
In real life I'm a boring homebody......until I'm not and circumstances find me and yank me off into "the weird" again.

Online I am MUCH more polite and nerdy. In real life if I was answering some of the questions/theories posted here, peoples ears would be ringing clean into 2035.
Back in the day when someone got up in my grill about "Vallee" type oddness being bunkum
I would toss them in the vehicle and haul their dumb unbelieving butts right out to a site where it would slap them in the face. Cause.....you know.....nothing cuts a ignorant argument off quicker than someones perceptions getting crashed up close and personal.

ATS is a place where I can quietly check in an occasionally find ideas I haven't thought of, but again there's this....

""The horrifying moment when you are looking for an adult but then you realize you are an adult. So you look for an older adult. Someone successfully adulting. The Adultier Adult"

Which results in me reading the Aircraft section here cause those posters seem to be "adulting successfully" ROFL!!!

It'd be fun to lift a pint to two with most of you folks, and altho I'd start out with a nice cold pint of stout ( heresy I know!!) I'd lapse right back into my comfort zone of a Bailey's or Scotch on ice. Until someone said ....
Hey ! watch this!!

In which case I'd be knocking them down squeeking "No you do it THIS way!!!" an once again go "full blown 'Tard".
Grins....between that and sneak reading science PDF's go figure.....it's inevitable you guys would have to find a corner for me to sit in before I made an ass out of myself.

edit on 10-1-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

You haven't seen me, so stop pretending I'm here.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Nope, because if I told people what I really thought I would be in jail or sleeping with the fishes.
Or kicked off this site. But I still love most of you people.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Welcome to the mad house!

This is where I spend my winters, it's a great place to get distracted. There are a lot of truly good people here too. As for real life, I am as obnoxious as I am here. I will speak what is on the forefront of my mind, for better or for worse. It makes it hard to keep friends in a phony Facebook kind of world. There are good people everywhere, but the distractions make it too easy to place our empathy and humanity off to the side. At least that's my take on it.

I wish you all the best, here and in your daily life. See you around the boards.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
We're all here for the same reason possibly. A place to share our concerns, test our theories, debate conspiracies. You'd only join a club if the other members were like minded, so that's how I see ATS. If there was a bar I'd be right up there buying everyone whatever they wanted
I'd be the Limitless Bradley Cooper spurting theories to whoever listened. I'm Jewish, with Muslim friends and an ancestory that covers all continents and I respect all cultures. I'm also circumcised and have Irish hair. It's a person that does wrong. Not a whole religion or race.
One god to those believers. One love to all people. Now let's put on some music.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm here because I like people who think outside the box. Most the people here are highly intelligent. Most are kind. Some very spiritual. Ya, there are a few negative ones who will be sarcastic. But I think we are all looking for answers to life and I think this (being ATS) is a great tool for searching for info on those answers. My eyes have been opened many times by reading the thoughts and feeling of others. If anything, I have learned to be more open-minded, here. I truly enjoy reading the many conspiracies and ideas of the members. It's a little piece of home. Goes great with coffee and a cinnamon roll.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
many thanks for the morning chuckles...lol

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

hahahah

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join