It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC says Thailand is among 7 top places in the world to live after retiring

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
At the three-day conference that explored trends, destinations and the future travel, industry observer and journalist Imtiaz Muqbil - Daniel Zopoula - addressed attendees with an industry overview.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ive never been there but many people i know have. They say food in there are amazing, and people're friendly beyond believe, they worship tourists.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I have read and thought a lot about Thailand- hoping to visit it soon.

Despite all the inviting reasons to retire in such places, it almost always means profiting off of the poverty of the locals.
That disturbs me.

My brother in law and his wife are going to retire in Morocco. It's pretty popular with the french. They can live like kings there on their pension. They are talking about how they'll hire servants to cook, clean and give them massages.
The way they talk about their status there in relation to the locals I really find distasteful.
They claim they "love the culture" there- but it sounds to me like the way people used to talk about loving the music their black slaves made? I don't know.

Since I've been witnessing their move lately, every time I hear about good places to retire, I automatically make the association with taking advantage of poor people. Maybe that is not always the case?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join