It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if these 23 million jobs were held by American citizens instead of Foreign workers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
the linked article shows that the amount of jobs the Foreign workers have could give jobs to 23 million American out of work.

With 86 million people out of the work force in America this would give jobs to almost 25% of them if those jobs had not been given to foreign workers.

Look at figure one in the article (I couldn't get it to load from work) I will try from home later unless someone else will post it).

www.nationaljournal.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Ummm... but that would be counter productive to the agenda.

We need to import as many foreigners as possible to dissolve any sense of national pride and patriotism so we can join a the united tyranny of internationalism.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

What about the 6-7 million Americans who live abroad? Would you force them to come back and get jobs in the US?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yeah, what if.
What if "Americans" as you call them don't want many of those jobs. Many of those jobs are back breaking agriculture jobs and low waged laborer jobs. What if , as you call them "Foriegn" workers are willing to sweat in the sun, using shovels and picks, or work in the stink filled home care facilities that many Americans would not have the belly for.

Yeah what if.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire I laugh when people say that. They don't seem to know about the kind of jobs many Americans hold. News flash, many Americans hold hard manual labor or disgusting jobs that are low pay. You just insulted a ton of hard working American people.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: TerryMcGuire I laugh when people say that. They don't seem to know about the kind of jobs many Americans hold. News flash, many Americans hold hard manual labor or disgusting jobs that are low pay. You just insulted a ton of hard working American people.

No I did not. I did not say a word about hard working Americans. I spoke only of hard working "foriegners" who work in jobs that other Americans, Americans who are NOT so hard working aschew.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I know this may not be popular, but how about giving the job to the most qualified.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Only 3% of those jobs held by foreigners is hard back breaking jobs look here at the chart from the web site.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Like me. I couldn't get work for two years and when I did it is a Surgical Instrument Technician. I clean the bloody tissue entwined instruments from the OR, then I process them into their perspective canisters and Sterilize them, then I put them in case carts for the next day.

I process thousands of pieces of surgical instruments a day for a lousy S10.39 per hour, yet we are the most import part of the OR if we don't do our job right people die, for $10.39 an hour.

edit on 7-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Then the cost of everything would go up, because the system relies on the exploitation of cheap labour in order to make a profit.

There is a reason that many people are employed, and it has nothing to do with nationality, and everything to do with the dollar, corporate lobbying and the illusion of wealth and living standards, plus an expectation that somehow everyone "deserves" better than everyone else that western economies work under.

Its not the people, its the system.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Evidence is mounting that American STEM graduates can't get work in the US. The hiring companies prefer H1Bers because they get them cheaper. The colleges these graduates come from are also hiring H1Bers as a preference ahead of their own graduates. It is reaching a point where employed in the tech field Americans are becoming the minority. When management thinks only the bottom line they are incensed to do this. Never stopping to think that they someone to buy thier goods. Every time a H1Ber leaves the knowledge leaves with them.
Its a bit dangerous outsourcing your work. Giant bicycles started as an outsourcing for Schwinn. After they learned the business from Schwinn they out on their own.
Quoting Mark Twain " The difference between men and a dog is a dog will not bite the hand that feeds them"

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

The reason, we were told for many years for higher costs was gasoline was so expensive. The Saudi prince told everyone last January that the price of oil was artificially kept high and this affected all prices.

Now the price comes down and everything else remained high in cost nothing lowered with the oil prices.

When questioned about this economist now say it is the forced medical Insurance and the demand for higher minimum wage.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: calstorm

No I did not. I did not say a word about hard working Americans. I spoke only of hard working "foriegners" who work in jobs that other Americans, Americans who are NOT so hard working aschew.

Hard work is subjective. Here's a secret unveiled for all to ponder:

Once you ENJOY your job its not hardwork any more.

if your job was once difficult but is now easy, its not hardwork anymore.

This unveiled secret now needs to be crushed. The BS has got to stop. This ugly secret if left untold perpetuates petty bickering which is killing U.S. citizen's livlihoods.

Many of these workers from foreign countries are taking white collar jobs. Machines do more agricultural work and machinery has taken over blue collar work. That was meant to HELP US. AID US.

These jobs foreigners are taking with work visa should go to a U.S. citizen first. Period.

Time to grow up people or WE WILL ALL SUFFER.

now is the time.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

I lived abroad for 15 years and was not allowed top take a job that the Locals could do. I was instructed to start a business that hired locals or invest but I could not take any job from the locals, and that on a permanent residence visa.

Now I am back in the states and my wife has the PRV and can have any job she qualifies for. But her job for now is homeschooling our kids and eBay store selling clothing.

top topics

join