It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

talktalk are a joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
seriosuly i,m going to be bald in next week with pulling my hair out with this company.

my mother has had no phone or broadband for over a month and i am no closer to getting it sorted.

she reported a fault on 8th of december cause her landline was unusable and her broadband was registering a speed of 0.02 .

i was in america at the time she first got the problem and told her to contact them which she did and they told her they could find no fault even tho i couldn,t even phone her cause line was that bad.

i arrive back from america and get straight on the phone to them and they admit there is a fault on the line. we,ll send out engineer which they do and guess what he can,t fix it cause a new pole has to go up,refers it back but still don,t hear anything so i wait for nearly 2 weeks cause i know nothing is going to get done over the holidays.

contacts them 3 days ago and have to go through nearly 2 hrs of crap cause no1 understands what i,m going on about and when i do get it sorted they send out engineer again and guess what? engineer comes out and says no one told him new pole had to go up so can,t fix it so once again he leaves saying someone will be back,just billed her for a month even tho shes had nothing for a month.

i know for a fact that unless i contact them again no one is coming,what do you think my rights are if i just cancel direct debit and tell them to shove it where the sun don,t shine?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I went through 4 months of sheer hell thanks to BT and Open Reach. We had just moved house, needed a new line and broadband. They lied constantly about what work was required. ..when it would be done and who was responsible. It was soooo stressful ! Eventually I gave up ...told them to stick their service and signed up with Sky.
No joke, they had our phone and broadband on in just over a week. One engineer...completed the job in 2 hours.
Funny thing is that it was still under contract to Open Reach. They couldn't organise service via BT but Sky had it done no problem. I would guess although it is TalkTalk they would also use Open Reach. ?
good luck. I know the frustration only too well.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Do you have a consumer watchdog government agency? Or a consumer watch program?

Report them. Show all paperwork and proof. Demand reimbursement for services NOT rendered.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
I went through 4 months of sheer hell thanks to BT and Open Reach. We had just moved house, needed a new line and broadband. They lied constantly about what work was required. ..when it would be done and who was responsible. It was soooo stressful ! Eventually I gave up ...told them to stick their service and signed up with Sky.
No joke, they had our phone and broadband on in just over a week. One engineer...completed the job in 2 hours.
Funny thing is that it was still under contract to Open Reach. They couldn't organise service via BT but Sky had it done no problem. I would guess although it is TalkTalk they would also use Open Reach. ?
good luck. I know the frustration only too well.
yeah its deffo openreach cause when i spoke to them online they told me they had to get in touch with them but thats twice they,ve done it and twice openreach have appeared and didn,t fix the problem cause they weren,t told the problem was it had to be a new pole erected,so i know if i contact them again the same thing is going to happen again,send out engineer and when he arrives its going to be same crap,they need to sort out their non existent customer service.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Get a lawyer's office to write them a polite note with their letterhead at the top. Works every time....fast.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Do you have a consumer watchdog government agency? Or a consumer watch program?

Report them. Show all paperwork and proof. Demand reimbursement for services NOT rendered.

we do but to go through all that would take so long,i,m ready just to cancel contract and let them try take me to court cause it may not be right thing to do but i don,t see how a court could favour them when they are taking money for a service they aren,t providing.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Get a lawyer's office to write them a polite note with their letterhead at the top. Works every time....fast.
i sent their ceo a personal email,will see how that goes but aint holding my breath.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yeah, um... not even close to the same effect.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

Yeah, um... not even close to the same effect.
its cool cause i think when the bbc watchdog programs back up and running then talktalk will be one of the first on it cause they promised their loyal customers a free upgrade which turned out to be a load of crap,mean my free upgrade turned out to be a free engineer visit or a free mobile phone sim.

why would i need an engineer visit to tell me what i already know or a mobile sim when i,m already under contract? a free upgrade?its a joke

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Talktalk customer service is truly abysmal, I have never dealt with another company as frustrating as them. If I was in your position I'd try to use their failure to provide service as leverage to terminate the contract early and go with somebody else.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Read the thread title and thought of the 80's band Talk Talk. it's My Life is such a great tune. I have nothing else to add

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

www.youtube.com... its a shame

new topics

top topics

join