It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sleep Wifi Experiment proved Wifi does interfere with sleep, dreams and ear ringing.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Interesting for you to know would be that Mobile phones hold more severe radiation then routers Wifi, the radiation that a mobile phone uses is much more severe then any WiFi spot in your house. Considering the only way radiation can damage DNA and cause cancers is if it was strong enough as energy, then mobile phones far outweigh routers. Considering we hold mobile phones to our heads, then if this was the case we would see rises in causes regarding mobile phones the anything else.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Everyone is different. I started the generator when the power went out to keep the freezers from unthawing. When I shut it down, the wife got an instant headache. The change from the noise of the generator stopping actually gave her a headache. I never researched why, I guess she acclimated to it and removing it negatively effected her.

There have been studies on power outages effecting people and contribute to them going out and robbing stores in cities where there is electrical all over the place. They are living in a bubble of energy and when it disappears, they get all messed up. This is well researched and understood. Some people get all paranoid while others go out and get all crazy and wind up doing things they would not usually do. Because of this knowledge, they usually kind of take this into consideration when arresting and convicting people who break into stores during outages. We get acclimated to our environment and when it changes the brain takes a while to get back to normal.

That was some really interesting research, I learned a lot just because my wife got a headache when the generator stopped and I got curious and had the net to research it when the power came back on. I also had the time to do it.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Not wifi specific, but electrical-wise.

I was having trouble sleeping for a good few weeks, ever since my partner plugged his new phone into the socket next to the bed to charge every night. I didn't even know it was plugged in there at the time. But I was hearing a constant ringing in my ear, a light buzzing, my head was pounding, and I struggled to get more than a couple of hours of restless sleep each night.

He took it out one night, and everything stopped. The ringing, the buzzing. I was astounded! I slept amazingly for a few nights, and then one night it started happening again. I yelled at him to unplug his stupid phone
and he just laughed at me. "Haha, I was wondering if you'd notice! Ok, ok, I believe you, it's my phone."

It charges out in the kitchen now. Away from our bedroom. Sleeping wonderfully since (except for the inevitable things that wake you up, the dark evil that resides in the form of 2 year old miniature humans.)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Had similar problems myself with the cellphone on charge near the bed while trying to sleep. It's the switchmode power supply that produces audible harmonics due to the high frequency oscillator they use and some power supplies are worse than others for this sort of disturbance which is generally not consciously audible but becomes significant in a silent bedroom depending on how good your hearing is.

Tried 4 different chargers and found 1 that causes no disturbance but I still do the charging well away from the bedside table now and generally during awake time to be sure. It's not dangerous apart from the effects of sleep deprivation for some.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The Consumer Electronics Show was held a few days ago in Las Vegas. For those of you who aren't aware, this is where all the tech giants of the world showcase their new inventions every year. Well Samsung unveiled an interesting tech - TipTalk:

TipTalk buzzes to make you aware of incoming notifications, it tracks your activity and, most intriguingly, it lets you hear phone calls just by holding your finger up to your ear.

Source is from www.engadget.com... Scroll to the bottom.

I agree with Black Project, that the effect of mobile phones on the body could be much more severe than Wifi. Now imagine TipTalk sending all these vibrations through your body while listening to a caller via the tip of your finger?

According to this years CES expo we will be using our mobile phones twice as much to enhance living - and that's not including all the other crazy stuff they introduced at the expo.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AnnoMundi

Cell phone are a whole other topic and yes they are dangerous to use on a regular basis that is why man choose to wear head phones. But the phone is still attached to the body somewhere.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What about other wifi in area!?

I always wanted to sleep with a copper or brass screen box around bed. One of those materials blocks all signals. Where cell phones and other electronics are fixed they use that screen to block signals from getting in and out.

Have you thought of trying it? Or would you even if on yourself?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

Remember the inverse square rule which governs the intensity of an omnidirectionally propagated em field in relation to distance. Assuming a router signal is 100% at a distance of 1 foot, the intensity at 50' will be around:
100% x (1 / 50^2) = 0.04% and that's with nothing in the way like walls to attenuate the signal even further.
That's why such signal strengths are measured in dB (decibels) which is a logarithmic scale where a +3dB change is a doubling and -3dB is a halving.

The screen you're thinking of is a 'Faraday' screen and can be made of any conductor with lower specific resistance materials being more effective eg brass, copper etc. It can be solid and the reason you'll usually see fine mesh being used is simply so you can see what's inside the screen. It works by causing any incoming EM fields to induce eddy currents in the mesh which dissipates the energy safely at the surface. Build your house out of galvanised iron or aluminium and your cellphone reception is going to be somewhere between severely compromised and non-existant. Signals sourced inside the screen are not compromised within the enclosure, they simply don't get out.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather
it is a faraday cage or box.

I researched and found aluminum backed wall paper that you ground and your aluminium Screens should help keep waves from penetrating windows. This wold shield you off your room. But you don't want to bring in any electronics into that area.

I would like to do more studies and eliminate certain factors to be sure that the different waves/signals/frequencies are a source of disruption of sleep and triggers to our bodies chemical system.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

I am thinking that it is not the intensity of the RF but that over a long time your body senses it. In sensing it the body wants to protect itself from the constant foreing signal so the body begins to secrete chemicals to counter the stress of even low signals to relieve the stress on the brain/nerves/body. then over long periods of these secretions the body begins to develop over doses that lead to allergic reactions and other mental and physical diseases.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I live in an apartment building. My phone picks up no less than 25 wifi signals! Before when I was in my house I could see my neighbors wifi as well. Do you suggest we have them all turn their wifi off?

How about the wifi signals being put out by business, or in our case SHAW. SHAW has a "shaw go wifi" that pretty much blankets the entire city...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
I think a lot of you are making calls here you do not know a lot about. Ionized radiation from electric frequencies are supposed to be the dangerous ones. For example a microwave's frequency is 2.4Ghz, same as wifi, except if you're using the N standard and use the 5Ghz option (although I believe that can be more dangerous). A microwave uses ionized radiation i.e. stick your hand in there while it's on, and boom! Cancer city. While wifi, cellphones and a lot of other devices are said to be using non-ionized radiation.

Frequency of radiated power is not of concern here. 5GHz is no more or less harmful than 2.4GHz and if anything has a much shorter wavelength which in turn will penetrate the outer layer of a persons skin far closer to the surface to generate heat.
In fact that is exactly how microwave ovens work. They are nothing more than a high powered radio transmitter in a faraday cage box that generates a 2.45GHz signal which is a good frequency to penetrate food deep enough to vibrate water molecules and in turn cause friction, which generates heat and cooks your food.
It is not ionizing radiation, and if it was all of your food cooked in one would be radioactive
All of these forms of radio are non-ionizing types and do not cause cancer directly, though the heat generated can cause tissue damage just like any other form of heat/cooking with strong exposure and that could cause cell mutation over time, but so could sticking your hand into a camp fire for a while. There are tons of peer reviewed scientific studies that prove its safety, but for some reason people still rather believe what they want often based on false assumptions or ideas instead of reading the studies that have existed since these forms of non-ionizing radio generation have been utilized.
Personally I would be far more fearful walking out on a hot sunny day and bathing in the sun for a few minutes than being around a microwave cooking a bag of popcorn or my WIFI devices all day/night long

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Read my recent topic. Covers all you need.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

its not wifi that is dangerous, it is what the body does in reaction to it, RF and the different types of Wave lengths and frequencies over long periods of time like 5, 10, 15 and 20 plus years that is being called on.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

its not wifi that is dangerous, it is what the body does in reaction to it, RF and the different types of Wave lengths and frequencies over long periods of time like 5, 10, 15 and 20 plus years that is being called on.

As described in my thread, Wi-Fi does not cause problems to the body. In 1 year or 30 years.

You said above, its not what Wi-Fi does to our bodies, its the bodies reaction. Well that is the same thing, bodies reaction to Wi-Fi. However low energy RF from Wi-Fi does not cause problems to us.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: darklife

It is not ionizing radiation, and if it was all of your food cooked in one would be radioactive

Ionizing radiation does not make things radioactive, for that you would need to throw high energy neutrons at your food. But, as you point out, microwave radiation is not of high enough energy to cause ionization anyway.

edit on 1/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

it is not the Wifi Rf that causes harm. It s the bodies reaction to receiving the Rf Signal over long periods of time. kind of like loud sounds affect your ears. low lever frequency vibrations over a long period of time the body never rests so the body tries to compensate by making chemical. These chemicals are the agents of illness and disease attributed to wifi but it is the chemical over dose over long periods of time that is the cause.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

it is not the Wifi Rf that causes harm. It s the bodies reaction to receiving the Rf Signal over long periods of time. kind of like loud sounds affect your ears. low lever frequency vibrations over a long period of time the body never rests so the body tries to compensate by making chemical. These chemicals are the agents of illness and disease attributed to wifi but it is the chemical over dose over long periods of time that is the cause.

I do not get what I am not making clear?

We are talking about Wi-Fi and its effects on our bodies, so whichever way you want to write it, it is the same thing. What I am putting to you is that 'low' level Wi-Fi signals do nothing harmful to our bodies.

It is like saying, its not the alcohol in your drink, its the body reaction to the alcohol. It's still the absorption we are talking about.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There has not been enough testing or long enough testing to make it known whether or not it does or does not affect the body. In and of itself it is harmless, it doesn't poison, or create a allergic reaction.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join