It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A weird visual experiment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Good story.
Made me of think of this scene from 'Mulholland Drive'. Creepy as hell.
If the story was told the way he explains his dream.
Although, your story would need something horrifying to occur at the end to compete with his...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Sounds like a Djinn- Probably was wise to walk away.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: InMyShell

Thank you all, for your thoughts on this matter..

If she had been sitting on the ground or something, i would of course have asked if everything was alright, but she stood besides the tree, so it did not look like she was in trouble, she was just being weird..

I am going back to that place in a couple of months, so i think i am going to do the experiment again, and if she is still there, i am going to run like hell, and if there is nothing, i am going to investigate the spot, look for carvings on the tree, or anything out of the ordinary, maybe even bring my metal detector with me, in case of a buried pot of gold..

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11
Sounds like a Djinn- Probably was wise to walk away.

Djinn are male rephaim.

If the entity was female then it might have been a female rephaim or banshee in European terms.

Banshees usually reside by water like lakes, bogs or springs in moors.

Definitely wise to walk away from a banshee. One wail from her tongue and the mortals' head explodes.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Poor supernatural beings.. .they finally get seen, once in a millennia, while they while away their time in this realm, unseen, unheard, unnoticed... until one guy finally has the wiring/mood to see one, and he just walks past with a shudder.

Poor girl.

But imagine the story IF you stopped and she ate your soul... better than dying of a myocardial infarction on the toilet at 62.. .but that's just me.

Cool sighting though... might've really been a ghostie... might've been an alt-artist type after too much creative inspiration.. .tough to tell sometimes.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I wonder now and then, what would have happened, if i would have approached her/it..
But the situation felt like being near an armed trap, that is the reason i kept walking.

Cant`t wait to try it again.. be sure to send me flowers and candy to my local mental institution

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Will do!

In all seriousness (or as close as I come to it) the gut instinct is a good thing and is there exactly because it saves lives. I know "ghosts" exist, but have no idea what they are and what capabilities for harm they have... so who knows...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You didn't say "hi"?

Oh come on. What if she was suicidal or something?

What kind of black clothes was she wearing? Can you please describe them in detail?
Was her hair messy or neat?

I've been into forests through brambles and such--like totally off the beaten path and into the undergrowth. It's not that difficult--and if you're wearing pants, the thorns aren't going to really hurt you too much. I've been walking in places that most people don't try to get to--granted, I had help from a group of guys. But I wouldn't automatically discount that what you saw might have been human.

If you could give more detail about her clothes and other features in more detail I would appreciate it and it would help me to better understand what you saw. Thank you

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Straight, pretty messy black hair, a black jacket of some sort, and a long skirt also black, the fabric looked like cotton, no markings on the clothes.

The sight was very "monotone" and blended perfectly, with the big old birch tree she was hugging.

i forgot to mention, that when you step out of the trail, its wet and swampy, like i said, the terrain is not nice at all.

Edit, I am a Finn, we don`t say "hi" to people.

edit on 9-1-2016 by solve because: no way

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: Bedlam

You need to re-read the OP - it turned out that it really was a woman rather than a piece of bark...

...So how's that work? 'Reverse' pareidolia?

Kind of like how the aliens on Mars always wind up looking like rocks and dirt

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Pretty wild experience if true. Did she acknowledge your presence or was she just standing still in a melancholy state? Was there any response to your walking and approaching?

This is just a guess from my part but what you described sounds a lot like those tree spirits from the folklore. Usually they do not reveal themselves to anyone so, if true, you may consider yourself lucky to see one. From what you said you have felt when passing by, I believe that it was not there to harm you but just wanted to be left undistubed and same goes for her nature (trees, lake, whatever she was bound to)
edit on 9-1-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

I told in the opening, that one weird aspect was, that she did not react at all, when i approached the area, and i was deliberately kind of "stomping" trying to be noisy, hoping to get any reaction, mainly because at that moment, i was afraid.

She definitely had some weird thing going on with that tree..

I have read somewhere, that water spirits sometimes come out of the waters, but cant go far away from it..

edit- and her "pose" looked difficult to hold, perfectly still..
edit on 9-1-2016 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Edit, I am a Finn, we don`t say "hi" to people.

Terve would do, I suppose. If woodwives speak Finnish.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just today I saw a meme claiming that park rangers in your country spend 70% of their time searching for deathmetal bands who've gotten lost during photo shoots.

Haha *TROLLING* ...Literally!

Sometimes it's just a goth chick trying to ground herself after taking too much acid.

I think we should listen when we get these warnings - the 'feeling' something isn't right - and follow our instincts and run.

...Which is what I should have done the last time I came across a goth chick tripping on acid in the park.

All joking aside, I would be interested in your follow-up research, or any related stories from others. I find the folklore and mythology from the region fascinating.
edit on 1/9/2016 by Teratoma because: needed more cowbell.

edit on 1/9/2016 by Teratoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Seems pretty normal to me. Plenty of bark and trees have turned out to be female once you get close to them, it happens. But you know whats weird. If a tree you thought was a chair from far away actually turned out to be a chair when you got close.

50 years for a well seasoned chair. Now that takes some patience as this vid shows, plenty of stranger things out there.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
As someone who deep down desperately hopes faeries are real, I would have had to approach and see what was up lol. With my luck though it would have turned out to be a murder victim or something attached to a tree by a psychopath in a Hannibal-like tableau, and I would have soiled myself in terror. Or been next.

But yeah... let's hope for faeries. :p

Peace.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Sounds a lot like the move," Woman in Black." Starry the guy who acts as Harry Potter,
His wife passed away, his sister in law overprotective of a secret about the other dead sister in the lake, known as the woman in black who returns to collect children as she wants nothing but her son.
I need to say, imo, it sounds like a dream that felt real.
I've done some studies on people who actually fall asleep, looking like their awake, dreaming vividly, surrealistically, then upon waking believe the experience real.

And I an NOT talking Narcolepsy.

Whatever those people have is different than Narcolepsy.

Not understood.

Or maybe there were gasses there that put you in that state that you haven't heard about yet?

I DO believe in the Paranormal/Supernatural, but only after all other logic has been ruled out as those are as Science will eventually catch up and figure out actual logic, though still, may not prove anything as science is too subjective to usually be THAT accurate to figure the exact breakdowns.

They get Scientific theories that are logical and usually they go with the most logical even if not correct......
Sounds very interesting and spooky though..... I would not go back if I were you.

My Great Uncle has experiences like that all the time and most times, there is 1 or more witnesses that have seen him in those situations. It is quite creepy .

The Roman Catholic Priest saw the same as he during a Sunday morning service, the both saw a woman they know, as a serpent in the Aisle trying to talk to my Uncle so the Priest and Shaman and myself took off a Hex the woman had put him on through an Evil Shaman.

It took all of us to break it, seeing blue lights rise into the sky sweeping all supposedly Evil out of his home, some yellow and green orbs flew into the trees, only one red orb went to ground but he'd been free of the woman till she found another bad Shaman to do it all over again..... But that is another telling....

Good Luck, Blessings, and may the light be within you

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Wasn't that, " What Lies Beneath?" It is similar as well as, " The Woman in Black."

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars
I've seen both movies. Bag of Bones is similar.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve
Hello! how is it going folks?

So i had a weird experience, maybe a year ago, that i wish to tell you about, it goes like this...

So i was walking around a lake on this trail, that is about four feet from the water line, and i could see in the distance a figure next to a tree, that looked like a woman, so i thought to myself, i bet that is not a woman, its a piece of tree bark, so i decided to test my eyes, i started to stare the object that played tricks on my eyes, not blinking once, i walked towards the area.

As i got closer and closer to the spot, surprise, surprise it started to look more and more like a piece of bark hanging from the tree, and i saw the shapes in it, that fooled me thinking it was a human, but alas, when i was about ten feet away from it, it shifted back to a woman that had black hair and black clothes and she was completely motionless hugging the tree tight with one arm, and staring at the lake.

I slowed down and walked past her, wondering what the heck was she doing and tried to figure out how she had got there, because the terrain was not good, full of thorny bushes and what not, so she have had to hop and skip her way to the tree..

I felt uneasy because for the whole time i had thought that i was staring at a piece of bark, that had a human-like appearance, and was not expecting it to actually be a human,, and she was so still, not reacting at all to my approaching foot steps.

I wanted to say something, but i got a strong feeling that it is not a good idea, i wanted to run past her, but i could not, i only started to walk faster, so i could get away from that place and it, whatever it was..

I still feel confused, when i think about it, the whole thing looked and felt so weird, and i know that many people have drowned in that lake.

The woman you saw was probably afraid of you and you sensed her fear.

The woman said to herself, "oh wow, I'm not alone at the lake am I? It's still peaceful and nice here and the water is so...wait, why is he looking over here? He sees me. Dang. Wanted to be alone. Crap. Why is he standing there looking at me? Oh my god he is walking over here. What the hell is wrong with him? Why is he looking at me that way? There's something wrong with him, look at his eyes and expression. Oh God don't let me die tonight. Dear God, I really really need your help, some weird man is walking over to me and he doesn't look right, I am sorry for not going to confession in years, I will start going, I promise...wait, he's walking away! He's leaving! Thank you God! I love you!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join