It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US tourist films vortex and UFO over Large Hadron Collider

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: twitchy
I noticed the video is sped up until about 0:48 seconds and then it continues briefly at normal speed, yet the audio is normal speed throughout and the wind stops suddenly when the video returns to normal speed. I'm going to have say this one is pretty questionable at best.

I am going with you on this one. Those cloud effects would have been monster hard to do with cgi. Creaative though, liked the vid for what it is, nice bit of imagery.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: errorcode

As mentioned by BASSPLYR Section 51 are a well known hoax channel the 2.0 just means they're back.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

(I sometimes wonder why I bother researching and posting such details…).

Don't. You the man.

(post by RoadCourse removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
This video was posted by "Section 51".

As I pointed out a year or so ago in relation to another Section 51 video, Section 51 is a small team that describe themselves as:

"Internet-video creators specialized in dreaming up sci-fi, action YouTube videos, jam-packed with stunning VFX".

They offer various incentives for those prepared to provide funding for their projects.

For example, in return for a small fee, they offer to take the video of your choice and "we insert an original UFO on it".

(I sometimes wonder why I bother researching and posting such details...).

You keep researching and posting. Many of us DO appreciate it.

On topic: Even if the media and governments ignored an incident like this, it would be all over social media with witnesses talking about it, if it was the real thing. That's one thing hard to fake. 100's of witnesses to an event. Not saying it can't be done, but it would be costly. Ask George Martin.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is 100% a hoax. The simple fact is that had this really occurred there would have been hundreds if not thousands of reports on social media with various photos and video.

Awhile back, the "UFO" over Los Angeles that turned out to be a missile launch from a submarine is a perfect example of this. Within minutes dozens of reports were on Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook...etc.. There is nothing else to support this video besides the video itself and that is a HUGE indicator of a hoaxed video.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: twitchy
I noticed the video is sped up until about 0:48 seconds and then it continues briefly at normal speed, yet the audio is normal speed throughout and the wind stops suddenly when the video returns to normal speed. I'm going to have say this one is pretty questionable at best.

I am going with you on this one. Those cloud effects would have been monster hard to do with cgi. Creaative though, liked the vid for what it is, nice bit of imagery.

The clouds look like they are at least partially real, but, also like they are from a timelapse. Someone with basic compositing skills and After Effects could have easily taken footage clouds and combined it with the other elements to make it look more realistic.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If CGI, wondered what software package produced that vortex. If known, should be treaceable.
Complex work.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Looks to me like the UFO is an After Effects orb so I'd guess they used After Effects.

There is no doubt , it is CGI

edit on 7-1-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Is it even possible to have a vortex in an atmosphere? I know about the possibility in space, but I have never heard of a vortex in an atmosphere before.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
If CGI, wondered what software package produced that vortex. If known, should be treaceable.
Complex work.

It's probably Vue 8 or 9 /E-ON Vue, exceptionally good for natural scenes, skyscapes, landscapes....

The guy in the OP video makes a pigs ass of it talking over parts that look sped up, they have sped up other video too, lord knows why!

Here's an older Vue 7 reel,

edit on 7-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

A tornado is an atmospheric vortex so I guess yeah.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: errorcode
So the opinion here is as split as YouTube, that in itself is interesting. Seems a bit like a hoax but im no expert
(Also I want it to be genuine)

I'm calling it a cgi fake, but mostly because of their youtube channel in general.

1. The banner for their youtube channel says "Watch New UFO Sightings Every Monday & Thursday. Fight The Invasion! Subscribe Now!". Come on, now...

2. Their channel is full of similar "events" that miraculously aren't documented anywhere else, like this:

Yes, this is a video supposedly also from December where a huge pyramid emerges from the Bermuda Triangle with a glowing UFO. Yeah...

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My God! I've posted to the Hoax! Bin.

The shame, the shame!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
My God! I've posted to the Hoax! Bin.

The shame, the shame!

Move this to the hoax bin then. I presented in my OP that there it was a divided discussion in the source between CGI and real. I'm by no means a CGI expert, but I thought a vortex/cloud portion was impressive compared to most CGI fakes obvious from the get go. 95% of responses on here lended detail to why it was a CGI while the usual minority of trolls stated automatically it was CGI because, as the Geico commercial states, "that's what they do".

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I'm kidding. I've never had a post(s) in the Hoax Bin.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
a reply to: UnBreakable

I'm kidding. I've never had a post(s) in the Hoax Bin.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

I know you're kidding. I was referring not to you but there are some on here who seem to get hostile about this stuff instead of just having an entertaining discussion.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The more times you watch it, the worse it gets

Thanks for the extra info

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: errorcode
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The more times you watch it, the worse it gets

Thanks for the extra info

I think it's neat.

I REALLY WANT TO BELIEVE.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I know, of course, this is most definitely a hoax by, as pointed out here of both the Youtube channel and shady things going on with the video. But I will laugh my ass off come the day when something's moved to the Hoax Bin which turns out to be proveable and true.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join