It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disolve the BLM, return all lands under their management to Natives it was taken from

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If we have been recompensing the natives of America, should we be reimbursed if we were to return the BLM land?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

You might have native in you but you were not raised in the Medicine Way. We heal each other in Pow Wow which brings in a spiritual awareness. Unless you have done this with us you will not be exposed to the teaching. You have not been shown so you can not believe or understand this.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

You're not even one people, you never were. Tribalism and tribal warfare is part of your blood too. How is the visions of war with other native tribes on your mystic PTSD?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1/6/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

The First People have been reduced to this by the Europeans.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You might have native in you but you were not raised in the Medicine Way. We heal each other in Pow Wow which brings in a spiritual awareness. Unless you have done this with us you will not be exposed to the teaching. You have not been shown so you can not believe or understand this.

On the brightside you can learn for less than 8 bucks.
www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

There is no comparison to the slaughter of our people by the Europeans. The most terrible battle against the Crow who were our worst enemy the Blood tribe lost 10 braves, but no women or children. In the Marias Massacre 173 of us lay dead.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Look Native American Heritage is a fine thing... depending on the tribe of course, some where pretty bad. Like every other people on the planet. I don't believe in any people superior to another. We're all human, and siblings in this connection. There are no superior people. There ultimately is no first people or white men, that's an artificial division.

I have native american in me, and german, and irish and a whole bunch of other crap, but none of them define me, I'm human. I hate saying things like I have Native American in me, because it's bull#, I'm human plain and simple, that some of my ancestors was born into native american tribes is nothing special. I'm so fed up with artificial divisions.

You have PTSD because of the white man, there is no "white" man. White's aren't a people, they're just people same as you.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

There is no comparison to the slaughter of our people by the Europeans. The most terrible battle against the Crow who were our worst enemy the Blood tribe lost 10 braves, but no women or children. In the Marias Massacre 173 of us lay dead.

"As I've pointed out previously, prominent scientists now deride depictions of pre-state people as peaceful. "Contra leftist anthropologists who celebrate the noble savage," the Harvard psychologist Steven Pinker wrote in 2007, "quantitative body counts—such as the proportion of prehistoric skeletons with ax marks and embedded arrowheads or the proportion of men in a contemporary foraging tribe who die at the hands of other men—suggest that pre-state societies were far more violent than our own." According to Pinker, the 17th-century philosopher Thomas Hobbes "got it right" when he called pre-state life a "war of all against all."
blogs.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

11,000 years or so take or give a millennium. The First people where here when the Europeans were first discovering Europe as they were pushed out of the Caucuses.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

That is a poor example. This refrences Natives in the South West. We looked upon them as you would the Arabs in their desert region. Deserts are where the uncivilized were pushed out to because they were savages. My people had more in common with the early Picts than the South West tribes culturally.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

That is a poor example. This refrences Natives in the South West. We looked upon them as you would the Arabs in their desert region. Deserts are where the uncivilized were pushed out to because they were savages. My people had more in common with the early Picts than the South West tribes culturally.

So your saying then, what? These Native Americans are not REAL Native American?
Basically what I am getting at is this, and I am actually not being snarky here at all some people do not in fact know. What you have done is commit what is known as the No True Scotsman fallacy. You can read more about it below.
www.logicalfallacies.info...
edit on 6-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: Darn Typos
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Every land and culture on the Earth has the more culturally advanced people who live in the good areas that behave one way, and people who live in the bad lands who are savages. Don't act ignorant of this fact I am sure you know better.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Every land and culture on the Earth has the more culturally advanced people who live in the good areas that behave one way, and people who live in the bad lands who are savages. Don't act ignorant of this fact I am sure you know better.

Oh I do in fact know that is true however what you said was, "There is no comparison to the slaughter of our people by the Europeans."

This is not in fact true.

If you had said, "There is no comparison to the slaughter of our people by the Europeans other than those of us we banished to the south west"
That would be true.

I suspect the problem is that either you don't know what you are talking about, or it simply did not fit your narrative of "Europeans bad Natives Good"
edit on 6-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

First off you say you have native American in you. That does not mean you share in the genetic memory of the massacre my people suffered or similar massacres perpetrated by the US military against the native tribes. Also the blood memory may be so diluted in you that it no longer effects you if other blood memory from other races in you is now stronger.

The Algonquian were the first people on this continent being here about 11,000 years or so. The Blackfoot are their brothers. I did not indicate superiority only first place on continent arrival. I look white. The Pict/Celt genetics are very strong traits in my line and we have memory of both cultures influence on us. I even have a bit or Roman in my genetic make up. I am just aware more of these influences because of spiritual training. More than most.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Do the people in Europe see the people in the Caucuses as the same people. The Steppe peoples are far more primitive.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Do the people in Europe see the people in the Caucuses as the same people. The Steppe peoples are far more primitive.

I dunno ask them, I live in Florida.

However I would ask you... where do you think the continent of North America Starts and Stops?
edit on 7-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You can stake claims all day up here in Alaska. The state also sells off land for remote cabins all year long too.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

There's no such thing as races, only human.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

The Siksika refer to themselves as Niitsitapi or “the Real People.” I guess it is more cultural than race. Different cultures treat their fellow humans differently. The Europeans have far more class division than the Real People ever did. The chief of the tribe would sit on the same ground at the same level and eat with the others like there was no division between them. Division and caste systems were not known to us before the invasion.

edit on 01am2016-01-07T00:31:05-06:0012311America/Chicago31131 by machineintelligence because: errata

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join