It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disolve the BLM, return all lands under their management to Natives it was taken from

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Problem solved in a righteous manner. It is all land that by rights belongs to the native tribes it was taken from am I right? The best way to resolve this issue is to return to the American native tribes all land currently under the so called Bureau of Land Management or BLM. It is the best most right solution in my view. The native tribes can once again be the ones to decide what is the best use of their ancestral lands.

Corporatism now is in control of the land under the management of the BLM. They work to advance corporatism not to care for the land. I think the native tribes could manage it far better if given the chance and the budget of the BLM for a transition period. What say you ATS members?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why stop at just the BLM? Why not return the entire US to the natives? We stole the land from them.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

"This is the way it's been done for billions of years. Small moves, Ellie. Small moves."
Contact

edit on 01pm2016-01-06T20:55:13-06:0008551America/Chicago55131 by machineintelligence because: errata

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Vae Victis.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I would be totally for the Native Americans getting preferential treatment when the land is taken back by the people. The bottom line is that it's the people's land, not the government's.

link   

Lol yeah right we took it unfair and square.
Takers keepers loser weepers .
In war to the victors go the spoils.

link   

I know it isn't normally done to show ignorance here on ATS, but I'm willing to be the first.

Why does the federal government own so much land to begin with?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You show some Gaul.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

Took it to do what exactly with it? The natives would care for the land like it was their own (because the respect it). The BLM uses it like a commodity broker for their own private self interest.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't know the breakdown, this is from memory…

The Fed owns half the land in the US, the states another twenty-five percent, corporations another 1o percent, real estate 5 percent, parks and what not a further five, the people less than five percent, less than one percent of the land is up for sale at any time. Something to that effect.

You want to know why real state prices are so high?

Theres no such thing anymore as squatters rights, staking a claim or grub stake, all the land is owned, its all spoken for.

Posted, Keep Out, No Trespassing.

Signs, signs, everywhere the signs…

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't know

Maybe because the Federal government runs the U.S

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Disolve the BLM, return all lands under their management to Natives it was taken from

Not now but right now!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: sweets777

Took it to do what exactly with it? The natives would care for the land like it was their own (because the respect it). The BLM uses it like a commodity broker for their own private self interest.

How do you arrive at this idea. Is it just a romantic fiction you hold to?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't know

Maybe because the Federal government runs the U.S

The federal government answers to the people though.

Or was that just some silly notion I picked up along the way?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I know it isn't normally done to show ignorance here on ATS, but I'm willing to be the first.

Why does the federal government own so much land to begin with?

Because unless it is privately-owned and privately-maintained, someone has to come in to take care of the land.

If the US government did not maintain many areas of land not privately-owned, wildfires would be a much bigger issue, animal populations would be unchecked and we potentially would have to deal with much bigger issues.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Dem Indians are magic!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The Fed owns half the land in the US

They say that's public land, so are you telling me...gulp, it's really not ours?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Thanks for providing an answer. Not sure I like the answer, but that's my problem, not yours.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

When the Queen of England made a treaty with my great great grandfather it was a really bad deal he did not posses the education or frame of reference for that matter to sign off on. It might seem a romantic notion to you but a lot of us feel pretty ripped off. The British and the USA people thought nothing of lying, cheating, stealing from, and raping us.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

To be fair, it was a rape or be raped world back then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join