It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native American Tribe Says Oregon Armed Occupiers Desecrating Land

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

"The 190,000-acre wildlife refuge is within Paiute ancestral lands,"

I say we should give that and all so called federally managed lands back to the natives it was taken from. How about we resolve this issue the righteous way and return to native control all lands currently under BLM management. Let the native tribes manage these lands in any way they see fit.

edit on 01pm2016-01-06T20:33:12-06:0008331America/Chicago33131 by machineintelligence because: errata

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

That's how 400 years of cultural genocide happened

Quiet you.

These guys are a bunch of idiots. They are either going to leave peacefully, after nothing gets accomplished, or it's going to be another WACO.

Completely agree. They have their heads just insanely far up their bottoms. They're playing commando/patriot and it's irritating on a number of levels.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Hahah..

I knew that comment you made was in jest

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

edit on 0620160120161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

So as not to sidetrack this thread I continue line of discussion in this new thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So basically being said here is there is a ethnic minority group in the area who does not like the militiamen being there.
Whats the story?
I mean what makes this special?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

You're awesome, I realized after I posted I was veering off pretty significantly. I suppose I am here too.

Back on topic, I suppose every voice coming out denouncing these dumbass delusional dickbags is beneficial, though I see much bigger problems with their actions than offending the perpetually offended.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Back on topic, I suppose every voice coming out denouncing these dumbass delusional dickbags is beneficial, though I see much bigger problems with their actions than offending the perpetually offended.

I bet this is exactly what the British sympathizers said about the American Revolutionaries, with the same tact.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
Let the native tribes manage these lands in any way they see fit.

That was tried... they "managed" to sell Manhattan Island to Dutch Settlers for $24 worth of glass beads.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

I bet this is exactly what the British sympathizers said about the American Revolutionaries, with the same tact.

Please do explain the parallels between American revolutionaries and these... folks. Where is the actual oppression and tyranny justifying this utter nonsense? Hold a rally kids, this isn't worth dying for.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The parallel is government overreach, and the people having the balls to do something about it. Just because your living isn't dependent on the land doesn't mean it isn't for others, and if the government was trying to take my living I might have something to say about it too.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

So not only do the locals in Oregon not want these guys there, now the Native Americans who lived in the area long before any of these white Europeans showed up want them to go too.

Hey, what can I say?

Even these armed occupiers need to find their "safe space".

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk Yep, we should feel ashamed to be white and never be proud of it like everyone else is. What makes it the Indians land ? There could have been people there before their ancestors that were there before the mountains formed. There were definitely animals there before the Indians, maybe it is their land ?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Expound on that for me. How are people from out of the area (the ones being a pain in the ass) being affected, why are they trying to use two people that want nothing to do with them as martyrs, and what does this have to do with the little slice of land they've taken over?

We're all interconnected, I have a ton of respect for farmers and ranchers. My Grandfather was a cattle rancher, and that helped put my Dad through school, which gave me opportunities many don't have. I also rely on people that make their money off the land to feed me, so I'm certainly not completely removed from the situation.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Democrats used to be Republicans and the current Republicans used to be called Democrats...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

When the going gets tough, the party not in power gets to pandering, simple as that...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

If I've read the stories on this right, they have artifacts dating back 9000 years proving that they were living on this land....

The tribe said it has never ceded its right to the land but received federal recognition in 1868 and signed a treaty with the federal government that requires it to protect the safety of the natives and promised to prosecute any crime or injury perpetrated by any white man upon them.

Fast forward to 1879 after the treaty was signed. The Paiutes say their people were "loaded into wagons and ordered to walk under heavy guard" in knee-deep snow and forced off their land on foot.

www.cnn.com...

I dare say that they have a better case to prove that it is their land than Isreal would have proving that the land they were granted (and took by force, and still are trying to get) is theirs. Of course, that's if this militia hasn't destroyed those important documents that are mentioned in the story that would prove that they had inhabited that land for over 8000 years before they were forced off of it by the US gov't.

And as far as why they didn't fight the gov't for it...
they are!!!

The tribe is still fighting over land use but now works with the federal government's Bureau of Land Management to save its archaeological sites.

It's amazing to me that how so many americans can proclaim to the world Isreal's right to exist on palestinian lands holding a bible up for justification, but when it comes to contested lands here in america that the Native Americans have been legally (and sometimes illegally) fighting for they just can't see past the last hundred or so years and find evidence that it ever belonged to them.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The Russians sold Alaska for 7.2 million...I bet they've been kicking themselves ever since!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If you look on a map you will notice that this land has a nice big lake adjoining it and if you read the park site, they describe it as an oasis surounded by desert. 10 to one, the ranchers selected this land for the water rights.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I dare say that they have a better case to prove that it is their land than Isreal would have proving that the land they were granted

I would dare say your right... but then again the history of Europeans in North America does not stretch so far back as a Mesopotamian guy moving to Canaan does it?

Its kinda like saying, we have more reason to think that George Washington is real than Julies Caesar.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join