It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO chases plane in Brazil. Famous actor aboards films everything.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thanks Frocharocha and Gortex.

The 'proof' would be in comparing the azimuth of Venus to the azimuth of the light. But the reliable witness omits this crucial datum.

Jim Oberg, the azimut is "available" thanks to the video, as my screenshot shows, the aircraft is heading west, so the UFO is just a little at the left of west, and low on the horizon. Precisely as Venus between 9:30 pm and 0:30 am.

Since they didn't mention Venus (which should be very near where the UFO is visible, and very bright (3.85 magnitude)), if the sighting occured between 9:30 and 0:30, this is the explanation.
edit on JanuaryThursday078 by Fl078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Fl078

I find it so odd though that the pilots weren't able to recognize Venus, or even realize it's a star. They're pilots, they may not be astronomers and may not know every star out there, but one would think that they were at least used to the brighter ones.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorsen

I find it so odd though that the pilots weren't able to recognize Venus, or even realize it's a star. They're pilots, they may not be astronomers and may not know every star out there, but one would think that they were at least used to the brighter ones.

Hi, Thorsen,
1) Venus brightness is not constant. It was very bright on that night and low on the horizon, so it would be no surprise that the passengers/pilots where puzzled and have considered the hypothesis of an UFO.
2) There is absolutly no visible difference between bright planets/stars and a light from an aircraft (or ET craft), even for pilots.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Makes sense, I think it's more likely to be Venus than an UFO just following a random jet around.
Nice job there finding the position of Venus on that date by the way

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fl078

The 'proof' would be in comparing the azimuth of Venus to the azimuth of the light. But the reliable witness omits this crucial datum.

Jim Oberg, the azimut is "available" thanks to the video, as my screenshot shows, the aircraft is heading west, so the UFO is just a little at the left of west, and low on the horizon. Precisely as Venus between 9:30 pm and 0:30 am.

Since they didn't mention Venus (which should be very near where the UFO is visible, and very bright (3.85 magnitude)), if the sighting occured between 9:30 and 0:30, this is the explanation.

I can't find info on the exact time of the exact time of the sighting. I will try to personally ask the actor on his facebook page or something like that. If i get an awnser which matches your explanation, i believe we are done.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Frocharocha,
good idea.
Ask him the exact day/time of the sighting (start and end), he can check the original video (need to check if camera time is right).
Please also ask him if he has seen a bright star near the UFO.
Maybe don't tell him about the Venus hypothesis before you receive his answers.
My hypothesis/screenshots are for 10/12/2013, between (around) 9:30 pm and 0:30 (Rio de Janeiro time).

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fl078

Good work. I hadn't noticed the course heading.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

That's a reasonable assumption but in practice, bright planets can appear in places in the sky that not long before, they were absent. Given a few days of bad weather and suddenly there's a bright light in an unexpected location. About fifteen years ago, Barnaul Airport in Siberia was shut down when Venus was setting at the end of the runway [I had to look up the runway alignment on Jeppesen and then get heavans-above.com to do the Venus azimuth].

As far back as the '30's, scientists were noting that pilots -- justifiably hair-trigger to see anything outside as a potential collision -- were abysmal observers of astronomical features, like meteors. It's not 'common sense', but it's 'real world'.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The alleged UFO, video frame analyzed.

Link to article in UFO Magazine Brazil.
www.ufo.com.br...
In my opinion this was a bright star, maybe it dissapeared behind a cloud.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A crude and fast translation

Actor: We are going from Rio de Janeiro to Campinas, we are seeing and non identified object, following our aircraft. We can see here by our radar, It's the radar right?
Pilot: yes
Actor: It don't show on radar
Pilot: look this our..... (can't understand but he say the name of the display) 40 miles...(can't understand most of it)
Actor: Look it's right there for some time already, following the same route as we do
Pilot maybe: look how cool, it always have a light, nice, for some time
Actor: captain asks control tower already, and tower say nothing
Pilot: I ask tower, and tower says there's no traffic in this area
Actor: Can i film here?
Pilot: Sure
Actor: You will be famous now eheheh
Pilot: In reality we are seeing something different. It don't look like a star, it look something that we aren't identifying, Now it was observed in Rio control (pointing to the display, so i guess he is talking about it not tower control), that says, there's no traffic in this region. Strange! But is a pretty phenomenon, we observe that is a change on the light intensity, very interesting.
Actor: First time you see something different?
Co pilot: Yes first time i see a non identified traffic, very different.
Actor: Misteryyyyyyy
Pilot: different the intensity on the light (not sure)
Actor: it show from nowhere, it look like it was going to hit us. It have change intensity
Pilot: sure. Interesting
Actor: let me film this
Actor 2:25 (can't understand)
Pilot: no no
Actor: try that idea, of turn off the light, to see..... look.... (to much background noise)
from 2:50 to 3:23 (can't understand ho's talking or what they say
Pilot for about 15m
Actor: i was seat down on back, and i see from there, and i was asking myself, if it wasn't the moon?
Can't understand 3:35: and if i ask someone......
Actor i guess: I hope he left from there very fast in millisecond fraction.......or it will go it will go going to vanish, it's alternating, look like it's crying (then they say something about the movement)
From 4:10 to the end can't understand nothing they say do to the engine noise)

edit on 7-1-2016 by psyghost because: mistakes

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe not
edit on Rpm10716v03201600000038 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
well from what i see its changing into a lot of shapes !

from THAT!! ,,, IT reminds me of Kevin Flynn's CLU.. Companion ( Yes/NO ) BIT

Bit
tron.wikia.com...

www.youtube.com...

Therefor a Glitch in the System ! in this Hologram Universe

LOL just saying !! Actor? Recording ? hmm
edit on 42016ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago16 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Why do people always complain about video quality...

I swear to God, it's like I'm living in Lah Lah Land all the time or something.

The people who complained about the video quality, let me ask you a question, when was the last time you tried to shoot a video at night, at about 3000 ft. altitude in the sky?

If you never done it before, try it. Go outside in the clear night sky today if you have the condition, take your iPhone or whatever camera device you have on you that's portable (because no one carries a high powered camera and a tripod on the go) and shoot yourself a short video.

Then upload it here and see how it turns out.

You want a 1080p or Ultra 4K UFO video showing the space craft crevices? Like Aliens facial look or skin color? Or you're looking for rocket trails... doors? What are you looking for exactly?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Thanks for that link. The actor does explain that the radar covers around 40km(he does say 40 milhas, which is miles and not km) in circumference, and that no traffic can be seen. The pilot also says that he cannot see any air traffic, and radio control wasn't reporting any traffic either but they could see the object which didn't look like a star. ( he also says intensidade em la luz) the intensity of the light. There is a lot that I can't understand well because of the airplane noise. But anyway, I see some other members already reported this and did a better job than me in translating.

edit on 7-1-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Is ArMaP still around for him to translate from Portuguese for us?

I am, but Thorsen and psyghost have already done that, so no need for another translation.

But I would like to add that the "chasing" and "following" are probably just a translation problem, as what was said was that the light was accompanying the plane, so "following" here is in the sense of "going along with", not "chasing".

That's why human translators are still important.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthseeker84
Why do people always complain about video quality...

I swear to God, it's like I'm living in Lah Lah Land all the time or something.

The people who complained about the video quality, let me ask you a question, when was the last time you tried to shoot a video at night, at about 3000 ft. altitude in the sky?

If you never done it before, try it. Go outside in the clear night sky today if you have the condition, take your iPhone or whatever camera device you have on you that's portable (because no one carries a high powered camera and a tripod on the go) and shoot yourself a short video.

Then upload it here and see how it turns out.

You want a 1080p or Ultra 4K UFO video showing the space craft crevices? Like Aliens facial look or skin color? Or you're looking for rocket trails... doors? What are you looking for exactly?

I have one of the best cell phones with built in camera you can buy, I couldn't even take a picture of the blood moon with no light pollution, it was literal black photo. Some in here have no idea how much phones struggle in low light

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
what I personally look for in a credible ufo video is visual context or content so you can compare what you are seeing with the surrounding environment. In the single light against a black sky context there's not very much else to say about it other than it's either Venus or a stationary thing in the sky and since it wasn't on radar it was either Venus or something on the ground far away. you can only go so far with trying to figure what it was and that's why I kept asking the one person why they thought it was interesting.

a reply to: truthseeker84

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I could guess that Venus, being low on the horizon, could itself be subject to atmospheric haze from the aircraft's viewpoint, and just appear to be no more luminous than what it looks like...a brown paper bag, and the apparent movement of shape is just the camera trying to adjust to the scintillation that occurs when bright stars and planets are viewed when there is a fug, in fact there is always a fug as far the atmosphere is concerned. Perhaps more for the viewing pilots in this case, and of course the camera focus.
edit on 7-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join