It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man reportedly wearing body armor, taking photos of schools is shot dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Sure, this may not be the best case for the argument, but it's involved to some extent. We've heard about may officer involved shootings over the past few years and it's a point most seem to be glazing over. It bothers me. So many of them get called justified, none of them saw their day in court.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

With all the times police have been caught filing false reports one has to wonder if this is another one,you know the old saying ...trust is hard to earn and easy to lose....

I am simply not willing to accept the story with faith,i too would like to see video of the incident to see if it matches the report,until then i am simply on the fence...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Krakatoa

That said, I still do not think we are hearing the entire story here regarding the chase and take down. I await someone revealing a cellphone video of it that might differ from the official story.

It seemed to me you assumed what the police were saying was wrong somehow and I was just wondering what that was based on? What made you think they were not giving an accurate account?

I only said we are not hearing the entire story of the chase and take down. You seem to be projecting your suspicions upon me at this point. Not hearing the whole story might mean that he threatened to kill the cop during the struggle.....right? I'm trying not to make assumptions, which is why I also said I would like to see a video, and independent video. Given the recent discrepancies between the official story and the witnesses and videos of late, I think it prudent we acknowledge we don't have all the information, don't you?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ApparentlyStupid

You see so many because of the information overload on the internet these days and cop hating being a national pastime.

IMO if a LEO is bad, lock him up and throw away the key, but don't label them all based on the few who are bad.

I'm far more scared what would happen if between the Cop haters and the all too accommodating media, the police simply started walking away when confronted with an armed person up to no good. The criminals are hardly victims when they pull a gun and if they pull a gun or point it at an officer, they are an immediate threat to everyone in range. I want the LEO's to shoot. By the time someone points a gun at an officer they are far to dangerous to play games with IMO.

In this case, the officers need a pat on the back IMO.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Fair enough. I may have read more in to that than you intended. My apologies.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Thanks. I really would like to see videos of the event, and compare them to the official report from the police. Too often they differ, both for and against the police reports. Considering a man is now dead, we owe him and his family at least that much to wring the truth out of this unfortunate incident.

edit on 1/6/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I've yet to see a report stating he pointed his toy gun at the officers. All reports so far state he was chased then a struggle then he gets shot.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
No reports of him being armed in the link, but yeah on the face of it sure looked scary, I wonder though there was an anonymous poster on line that warned he would shoot up schools in a couple of days although i am not sure where or in what state, I wonder if the two are connected.

No connection...That's in Indiana.

Another "concerned citizen" call leads to a person killed.

Even if they were wearing body armor and taking photos of a school, so what? Is that any reason to be killed by the police?

When taking photos, with a camera, you may be facing a school but photographing something entirely different like a bird, or a squirrel, whatever.

Just saying, it appears that no was actually law broken, but another concerned person making the call to report a suspicious person which leads to another person killed by police.

2016 is going to be no different than '15. Smdh.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If he was wearing body armor,with the past issues with mass shootings at schools,whom in the right mind would even try something like that.
Thats just asking for problems
Walk in to a bank,gas station,or a convenience store with a weapon in your hand and everyone is going to assume you are robbing the bank.
Walk around out side of a school taking photos with body armor on and everyone will assume you are planning on doing something you feel you'll be shot at for
edit on 6-1-2016 by deadcatsrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That body armor is dangerous stuff. He could have taken it off and attacked the cop with it...lol I guess it wasn't too armored...lol he is dead, or did the police shoot him in the head?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
That body armor is dangerous stuff. He could have taken it off and attacked the cop with it...lol I guess it wasn't too armored...lol he is dead, or did the police shoot him in the head?

He did, allegedly, have an airsoft gun on his person during the event. Many of them do look incredibly real. So, I think that your post is a bit disingenuous at best. There is a reported video of the event, making a minor mention on one of the news articles, if you cared to even read them before posting off.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I want to see this video and other evidence before making a decision on how I actually feel about it.

Until then...

Its a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

He did, allegedly, have an airsoft gun on his person during the event. Many of them do look incredibly real. So, I think that your post is a bit disingenuous at best. There is a reported video of the event, making a minor mention on one of the news articles, if you cared to even read them before posting off.

Was he holding it or going for it at anytime, or did they find it after he was shot, just wondering. I'm a little suspicious about the vest too.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Quick snap your fingers when you see this image and see if you can tell if it is real or airsoft.

Its real. Did you think airsoft or real? Paint can work both ways. Perhaps cops should be slower to charge in and kill and more defensive like watch your six and practice good cover practices. Find cover if there is a doubt instead of going all trigger happy. I blame a lack of value for life other than their own. We need to retrain the police with at least the same rules of engagement as were practiced in recent urban conflicts. Quit being apologist for badly performing LEOs.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There has only been a single report, in a news article, mentioning the weapon being pointed at the officers. And that report came from the the press conference if I read the story correctly. However, as we all know, until all the information comes out, we cannot take anything on faith anymore.

Again, I would love to see video and compare it to the official report to see if there are any discrepancies. And, if there are, what are the explanations?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Since there is a video of the final encounter, we'll get definitive evidence at some point.

However, given the information we have at the moment, it appears to me we are dealing with suicide-by-cop. I predict that soon we'll get some comment from the family indicating this person was mentally ill.

An unknown adult male, dressed strangely, taking pictures outside of a school should be reported to the authorities. I don't blame the school administrators.

-dex

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Even if they were wearing body armor and taking photos of a school, so what? Is that any reason to be killed by the police?

I soooooo hate when you guys do that. That's like saying Mike Brown was killed for refusing to get out of the street.

edit on 6-1-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil
I am glad he wasnt black...because then they would just burn down another city....whether a justified shooting or not....

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

You do know that according to the USCIS that Syrians, and Iraqi's are considered Caucasian i.e. white.

You do know that not all Caucasians are "White".

?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have a military inspired jacket with zip off sleeves that looks kind of like a flak vest when the sleeves are removed, and I try always to remember to carry a camera because in the past I have made a few bucks selling pictures of events I came upon in my normal day to day travel to local news agencies that were noteworthy that the agencies had no footage or photos of.

I guess now that people in this country are so beyond paranoid I had better leave my ugly jacket at home that I kind of like, and leave the camera too....

Amazing, the number of stories about blatant mental retardation and stupidity found here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join