It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man reportedly wearing body armor, taking photos of schools is shot dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
BREAKING.......

Sheriff's Detective Christopher Covelli said a white man who appeared to be wearing body armor was killed after he led police officers on a chase that ended in a struggle. Officers responded just after 8:30 a.m. to 22nd Street and Bethesda Boulevard on a report that a suspicious person was taking photographs of schools, according to a statement from the Lake County Major Crime Task Force.

Man killed by police in Zion was white, may have worn body armor: authorities

Police in northern Illinois shot and killed a man suspected of taking photographs of schools while apparently wearing body armor Wednesday morning after a struggle, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Man reportedly wearing body armor, taking photos of schools is shot dead

Interesting....one story LEADs in the headline with the race of the suspect, whereas the other does not, and doesn't mention it in the story itself. I wonder what the motives were for taking photos in body armor? The suspect obviously thought he would be shot by someone that day. I cannot wait to hear what was found in his residence....

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I find this quote from the women who saw the immediate aftermath...interesting - "She did not hear any commotion or shouting before the gunshots".

Edit: It was from the first source presented by OP.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Real fishy...

No weapons found in his vehicle?

Why the body armor then?

So much of this story sounds iffy, as if it was reported through 3-4 other channels before getting to the author of the article

It appeared the offender was wearing body armor.

Funny choice of words.. was he or wasn't he?

Officers responded in Zion around 8:30 a.m. after a man was reportedly spotted taking photos of local schools

Police in northern Illinois shot and killed a man suspected of taking photographs of schools while apparently wearing body armor Wednesday morning after a struggle

Paranoid anti-government nutjob?

Propaganda piece to keep the folks fearful amidst all this gun control talk?

Hmm, this one isn't sitting well with me, although they may just be holding out on a lot of other details until further into the investigation
edit on 6-1-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

No luck finding a link to the News Conference (supposed to take place this afternoon), but some more details from a local news source:

It started at New Tech High School around 8 am...

New Tech High School site

Local News Source: wgntv.com...
edit on 6-1-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
May have been wearing body armor??

You would think the cop would have known if he stuck the gun under it or on the outside of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

"May have worn body armor"? They are going to shoot someone based on that? Good thing he wasn't black as well.

Course we will need more info. Just seems there could have been other intermediate steps before killing someone on a "might be bad".

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This could also be a big OOOPS...on the part of the cops too. I would like to hear the original police call, the message the dispatcher relayed to the officers, and the officers final report. I wonder if any citizen video will be coming out soon...although, if I had it, I would wait for the police to provide an "official story" before going public with the footage. That way, it would not influence their story first.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
No reports of him being armed in the link, but yeah on the face of it sure looked scary, I wonder though there was an anonymous poster on line that warned he would shoot up schools in a couple of days although i am not sure where or in what state, I wonder if the two are connected.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
To be honest if I had to go to Zion I would have some form of protection on me too but not because of the police, it's not a pretty area.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
No reports of him being armed in the link, but yeah on the face of it sure looked scary, I wonder though there was an anonymous poster on line that warned he would shoot up schools in a couple of days although i am not sure where or in what state, I wonder if the two are connected.

He hasn't broken any laws and there is no way to know if he broke any laws but we received calls about a scary white man wearing body armor, lets go kill him before we find out what is going on.

I am done if the armor turns out to be Under Armour.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Storm Trooper costume!!!

Maybe???

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: Spider879

He hasn't broken any laws and there is no way to know if he broke any laws but we received calls about a scary white man wearing body armor, lets go kill him before we find out what is going on.

I am done if the armor turns out to be Under Armour.

I am not saying it was right to shoot on site, but he was around schools taking pics wearing body armor according to the link ran from cops and put up some sorta struggle, folks have been killed for less.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

It says he may have been wearing body armor and during this time of year how would they see it?
I'm betting on long underwear.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So now "shooting photos" is a Capital offense?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Photographing while white is a crime in America. #WLM

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Don't run from the police...

That's right isn't it?

That's what everyone says in every other thread, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

No but we need more info on the struggle part, and guys look; again I am not saying it's Ok to shoot someone taking pics of school perhaps wearing body armor, but I do understand given recent increase in mass shootings people including cops may be jumpy not an excuse just an observation, the fact of him being "white" I am not sure how that is important to the event that occurred.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hard to quantify with missing details? Just a "Man"? Who is he?

Might be wearing body armor?

They gave chase? What he ran and they shot him the back?

People are call 911 happy, cops are trigger snappy and people fear crazy.

Omission of details early on feeds the fear in general.

They must be stalling for time while they make something up.

Shoot, we shot the realtor…

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's good advice but what is your point?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So, he was wearing a tactical vest with metal plates inserted in it and carrying an Airsoft gun, while photographing schools.

Some Airsoft guns -

Suicide, but then why wear the homemade body armor?

Sounds like another person with a mental problem.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join