It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for Regime Change in North Korea?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
In a previous OP I wrote about before going to war... it's needs to necessary. I do not think it wise to go to war with North Korea for a number of important reasons. But, I do not want to focus on these reasons.

I want to focus on North Korea's current regime to discuss what should be done about it.

I think most people will agree that Kim is mentally unstable just like his father. I seriously doubt Kim is aware he has physiological issues. Many individuals who suffer emotional issues can go through life having a reasonable quality of life. In Kim's case killing family members and non-family members is beyond reasonable. His actions demonstrate he is very unstable and dangerous.

Given his dangerous unpredictable mental state coupled with having total control over one of mankind's most dangerous weapons; one must consider at some point how to address this dangerous situation. Too allow it to continue is asking for a future catastrophe.

I think I've come to the conclusion that at the very least it's time to meet, discuss, and plan for a surgical operation to remove Kim and his supporters in government and military. I know, I know, it's easier said than accomplished.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

I would say that N.K. has been in need of a regime change since Un's grandfather was in charge, but it's a complicated situation. What can we do about it exactly?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It wouldn't surprise me, if china already has plans for a regime change in NK!
I would if I was them.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't think it's possible to do any kind of surgical operation to remove Kim, let his neighboors deal with it as in reality they are the only ones at risk.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm in the Marines and was talking to a Chinese army officer a few months ago.

I asked him why they don't tell NK to knock it off.

He asked why we don't tell Israel to knock it off.

I thought that was an interesting response, and helps you see things from the other's perspective.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Regime change only happens when there is material gain to be had. Kim is no more or less unstable than the psychopaths in Washington or London or Rome. Israel mocks the world by not allowing inspections of their nuclear programme.

If regime change takes place which puppet would the west put in his place; and do you think China or Russia wouldn't object having another "Western" puppet encroaching on their borders? You would bring WW3 closer I suspect.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

That is a fascinating and typically Chinese way if dealing with things - point out flaws in someone or something else to take the attention off their bad works.

They do have a valid point though....

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

How? Roughly half of South Korea's population lives in Seoul, which has most of North Korea's weapons pointed at it. Any real attack on North Korea would instantly jeopardize 25 million+ lives in Seoul, not to mention the South Korean companies like LG, Samsung, Hyundai (I think), etc. This is probably the single biggest reason South Korea & the West haven't done so already (from my understanding).

Perhaps a covert coup could happen? Though the extreme cult of personality for North Korea's supreme leadership makes this improbable (from my opinion).

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Not our circus, not our monkeys. The west needs to stay out of it and allow Asia to take care of North Korea themselves.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I think I've come to the conclusion that at the very least it's time to meet, discuss, and plan for a surgical operation to remove Kim and his supporters in government and military. I know, I know, it's easier said than accomplished.

I think you are a bit late to the party....

These contingency plans have been formulated by the pentagon, 3 letter agencies long ago. Eyes in the sky saw this coming.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They should be left alone, it's not the role of western governments to reorganise the world. I'm sick of them overreaching and trying to extend their powers across borders when the only job they should be doing is administering the will of their people. They need a tight leash put on all of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Its all part of the Grand Plan on the World stage where every leader has their part to act.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

North and South Korea are about to go to war just before the predicted 'Kill Shot' from the Sun.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nobody wants to take on the burden that is North Korea. The cost to fix that country and bring its people into the modern world would be staggering. The Chinese, South Koreans and the US just do not want to foot that bill.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I don't think the cost to bring them into the modern world is anything compared to the cost of keeping them there. People who have lived under a dictator's boot for generations tend to fall right back into fascist rule pretty quickly, folding like paper under the first cult of personality that woos their nation's military into defending their rise to power.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Let me guess... Your from the USA?

Why is it when you guys don't like a country you have to intervene?
Don't get me wrong I'm not for a brutal dictatorial regime, it's just every time you guys get involved with other countries you destabilise the whole bloody area!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Let me throw out some more thoughts that have entered my mind.

China is no longer a backward country where millions of their population live in grass huts and wooden boats. They are now a global economical power house and enfluential political powerhouse. They have moved onto the world stage where they should be good global citizens and with that important responsibilities.

NK and China have been for sometime allies. More on this later.

I would like to think that if Puerto Rico started exploding fission bombs the USA would step in to take serious action to stop it. Maybe I'm naive.. .

I think and hope that China feels some sort of responsibility to get control of NK and help it's people.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Your point is well taken. Yes I am from the USA. Our government has for too many years got involved in countries that we have no business getting evolved with. ( I know. I was in Vietnam). Our sorry government officials whom we the public have no control over. We don't like what our officials do.

If you are thinking it's the publics fault for voting them in then you really don't understand our serious predicament we find ourselves in.

I hope you don't live close too NK.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

North Korea has been belligerent, stupid, insane, and CONTAINED for many years now. They talk a lot of spit.

Why regime change now?

Sure, it might be finally swatting that fly that's annoying you, unless you truly believe they're a threat (what with their new claim), but we have no valid reason. They haven't hurt anyone, attacked anyone, they're they crazy kid.

Let them be the kings of their own hill as they shine the spotlight on themselves.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think the world would benefit from a regime change in N. Korea, but I don't know how that happens or why it would be our place to attempt such a thing.

However, anytime you can get a more stable set of hands on the nuclear button somewhere, it ought to be a consideration.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I agree with you up to a certain point. We in the USA have been seeing mentally challenged individuals who did no harm to anyone then all of the sudden kill.

So we have a known nut case that's playing with very dangerous weapons and kills people whenever he feels like it. And by the way he lives 20 miles from you. He hasn't come into your neighborhood causing serious problems. What do you want to do now?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join