It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New signs up at Area 51 gate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It seems every so often new or updated signs will show up on the border. This time, at the Groom Lake Road border. It seems they are improving the border slightly so visitors can tell where it is, so that they don't accidentally cross. In the past it was all dirt as many of you know, and they finally paved the dirt where the border starts and the signs are. Recently, they have added "No Drone" signs, and also a very cool monitoring system which the Cammo Dudes can remotely view you from their truck.

Scroll to the bottom for updated Pics

And I believe this video was posted a few days ago in one of the other other topics, but here is a great video of a few drone enthusiasts that were going to attempt to fly a drone at the border, when they ran into Glenn Campbell before hand and he advised them against it. Thankfully they only took some video with a hand held camera and didn't attempt to fly their drones. I'm sure the Cammo Dudes have equipment that would jam their signal to fly, but the video shows some of the new signs and also monitoring equipment now viewing you.

Recent Trip to the border
edit on 6-1-2016 by EngineerGuY because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2016 by EngineerGuY because: Updated Pictures Link

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

New Sign #1

New Sign #2

New Monitoring System beside the signs

Unfortunately when I click on the first 3 links I get this message :

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /area51/gl_road_10.jpg on this server.

Is this happening only for me?

Kindest

Lags
edit on 6-1-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Crap quoting

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EngineerGuY

All the links are popping up Forbidden to Access. Maybe you could post the pics themselves or it isn't going anywhere.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

All the links are popping up Forbidden to Access. Maybe you could post the pics themselves or it isn't going anywhere.

Updated the link so hopefully you can view all 3. Scroll to the bottom of the page in the link.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have to be honest, I lol'd.

"No drone zone"

Sounds like poetry

Ironic poetry but poetry nonetheless.

What rhymes with no drone zone...? I'll be back....

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks to the OP I now have a "no drone zone" sign graphic for my collection.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I’m actually surprised it took them this long to put up no drone signs. Not that they don’t have the capability to jam their frequency so they can’t fly, just to keep the crazies from attempting such a dangerous maneuver. I think the airspace above Groom starts about halfway down Groom Lake Road, so thankfully these guys didn’t attempt to fly theirs, as they would have been arrested no doubt.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Are the Trespassing charges more severe at area 51 compared to other military installations ?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Yes I would be so

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel

Are the Trespassing charges more severe at area 51 compared to other military installations ?

Yes and No. As for Area 51, if you cross the border you will be arrested for a Misdemeanor and fined $650. I have heard of worse cases where the individuals were fined a lot more, but again, it really depends on why exactly you were arrested. Some have accidentally crossed the border, others intentionally. From being a former Defense Contractor at other Military Installations myself in the past, I can tell you some will simply kick you out and call the police, which usually doesn’t amount to much. But, it would depend on the installation. I have spent time at TTR and Edwards respectively, and you would face arrest and heavy fines at both if you tried to gain access.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I watched what was obviously some tourist head down Cedar Pass road thinking it was a way to get to Tonopah. A minivan with Mom and kids. They drove right past the TTR border, which is easy to do at Cedar Pass. They reached the guard shack and got turned around.

If you take the Rosamond entrance to Edwards, you effectively have crossed the border way before you reach any security. If you make it to the gate, you will not get in, but there is no arrest even though you have been trespassing.

At Groom, you get the camo dudes greeting. They have a low tolerance for those that cross the line. Not zero tolerance, but if they think they can get you, they will.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There is nothing at Area 51 now, and if there was anything extraterrestrial there in the past it's been moved now, too many prying eyes, the last legit video i saw regarding the famous Military base was the UFO hunters and the grannies that followed them in a black car, those grannies were agents acting like lost UFO hunters, watch the video it's crazy and funny at the same time, you can picture a boss somewhere saying something like "send in the grannies" XD

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

I’ve never been at Edwards or TTR when anyone crossed the border, at least to my knowledge. I have heard stories from a few of the contractors I worked with when I was at TTR a few years ago, but certainly nothing to brag about. The majority of stories come from those trying to enter Groom, not to mention far more people are interested than in Edwards or TTR. I am happy that the border is becoming a little more well defined for those not really paying attention, at least when you are on the road. Out roaming the desert near the border is a far different story!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

No drones

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

If you do an internet search, you can probably dig up the press report about hunters crossing the TTR border with their guns. That is a big no no.

Unless things have changed, Kern County SO handles some level of security at EDW. I heard them going after a car doing 100+. I think you have about ten miles on Rosamond before you hit any infrastructure.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I bet the campo dudes are flying drones of their own.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

My choice for a new Area 51 sign:

Hillary...Bill already tried.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

My choice for a new Area 51 sign:

Hillary...Bill already tried.

I find it so bizarre that she said that. I almost wonder if there was any motive behind it... like if Bill told her something or whatnot.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetical

I don't think they talk to each other, merely grunt when passing.

Imagine Bill would tag -a-long, should Hill get opportunity to take her posse to Area 51, as she said. I think she'd feel comfy at home on Level 7....S4.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Judging by the stance on Immigration and Ben Rich's comments, I'm not so sure it was of their own volition.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join