It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign says proposed UK ban over Muslim remarks 'a dangerous precedent'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Actual ask the scots.

He is a real problem. Not joking. He has been on a sort of land grab for his golf courses and made a lot of Scottish lives a misery.

No, that is utterly untrue. 99% of Scotland has not been influenced even slightly by any of his business practises, just a couple of golf courses. Gross exaggeration and pretty much a lie. Again, your personal prejudice at work and your own propaganda of untruth and gross exaggeration.

Hurry up and wake up America. ATS is not very bright during UK daylight hours. I am out of here. I'll come back later when its America's turn.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
As with a lot of what Trump says - his comments are incorrect. To ban someone from entering the UK because of what are considered views that are not considered acceptable had a precedent a long time ago.

Regarding your last paragraph, you might want to practice what you preach - for someone in the UK to find Trump an idiot that they wouldn't enjoy being in the same country as is exercising a right to free speech - yes!!!! Amazing, America isn't the only place in the world that has it - this may surprise you! Likewise with the petition, it isn't interfering with American politics, it's people expressing their opinion to their elected government. Again, free speech.

BTW, thanks for the information that there have been previous kings and queens before our current monarch, wow, if that's news to anyone then standards of education really are slipping.

link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Danowski

And less than 0.1% signed the petition against the petition, we all had plenty of time to choose.

Can you elaborate? You're not saying a decision should be made based on 600.000 out of 60 million signatures right?

I am saying that there was a counter petition and it only got about 40,000 votes.

Compared to over half a million.

Percentage of population has nothing to do with it. Enough people spoke out that the goverment had to discuss it.

That is because it was mainly Islam that has banded together to sign the petition. It is a MUSLIM CAMPAIGN. Do you not see how that can happen?

See my above reply.

I can see how it could happen but do you have proof to show me that it has happened?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

"Where is the waste paper basket?"

Must be a large basket to accommodate a monitor? LoL

Dont break the thing on my account they are rather pricey these days.

Read the link in my previous post and it may provide you the reason as to why i said "spoil the view". Personalty i think its rather pertinent considering the Man simply cannot take NO for an answer.

Trump is a menace to reality, not that he has ever lived there!

edit on 6-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The ban proposal may just be a way of saying that they don't like his approach and to keep the Muslim community in the UK at peace. They do tend to get riled pretty easily when criticized.

On the flip, if it is carried out and should Trump get elected as our next president, this is where the precedent spins off into an animosity the US and UK have not experienced in over 200 years.

Hopefully, common sense will prevail.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Actual ask the scots.

He is a real problem. Not joking. He has been on a sort of land grab for his golf courses and made a lot of Scottish lives a misery.

Your thinking is skewed. You have your own agenda as to why he should be banned. This has got nothing to do with his business practises. You have brought your own prejudice here because the ban would suit your personal attitude toward Donald Trump. His business is not being debated. It is his attitude to Islam that is under scrutiny. Do you not understand that? This thread is not about his business practises is it!

So are you willing to see democracy and majority culture sabotaged by Islam because you just don't like Donald and because of his golf courses in Scotland? That is what your post is telling me. What wonderful logic at work in your post.

Who are YOU to tell me what my views are and what I am thinking or what my agenda really is?

No one thats who

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
It is probably also worth mentioning that the UK is probably the most Politically Correct country on the planet now. So one slight word out of line, by anyone, anywhere... Then all the middle class stay at home dads and mums and students and bored rich people will shoot you down because it offended someone that doesn't even care.

Sorry if that is a little harsh. But political correctness over here has become a joke. And the whole PC band wagon is probably what stemmed this petition that has absolutely no business with even existing.

If an MP over here said something like that, then yes, I would probably sign the thing, but it's not our business to interfere.

Couldn't disagree more. Our media has some of the best satirical programs on the globe, our comedians are often on the borderline and are hugely popular. If you make comments intended to offend based on gender, colour or creed, then you may well be unpopular, and rightly so in my opinion.

Now, you want to see a group of people that quickly take offence? Start a new thread called "Americans, why do you need so many guns?" and see how well that goes down

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Percentage of population has nothing to do with it. Enough people spoke out that the goverment had to discuss it.

You're right, they do indeed! Thanks for clarifying!

edit on 6-1-2016 by Danowski because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

The ban proposal may just be a way of saying that they don't like his approach and to keep the Muslim community in the UK at peace. They do tend to get riled pretty easily when criticized.

On the flip, if it is carried out and should Trump get elected as our next president, this is where the precedent spins off into an animosity the US and UK have not experienced in over 200 years.

Hopefully, common sense will prevail.

That is an interesting take on the situation.

It could be said that Trump and indeed the US goverments have gone a long time without any form of resistance from the UK, many here feel we have been in your pocket for too long and it may be a good thing to stand up to the almighty power of the US.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

We do not permit hate preaching in our nation, from any sphere.

Absolute Hogwash!!!

Abu Hamza

Anjem Choudary

Ibrahim Anderson

Sheikh Mohammed

Christians in the UK picketing a Pride Event

HATE SPEECH

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Whether they ban him or they don't only amounts to a tempest in a teapot and has no relevance to America, business will go on as usual.

But it will insult Trump and give him a slap on the wrist, which he sorely deserves. I hope it will give voters pause to wonder though, who is this man they want to put in office, who is not welcome on British soil? It makes me cringe to think he could create a rift with our strongest ally. What next? *shudders to think*

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It could be said that Trump and indeed the US goverments have gone a long time without any form of resistance from the UK, many here feel we have been in your pocket for too long and it may be a good thing to stand up to the almighty power of the US.

If that's what you want then... go for it. What can I say?
It's your country; not my business to tell you what to do or say...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

If that's what you want then... go for it. What can I say?
It's your country; not my business to tell you what to do or say...

I never said it was my own personal opinion or that I would need your permission to have it?

link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Lets face it through buddy most of us cannot be bothered with those type of people anymore than we can be bothered with Trumps outlandish rhetoric.

If you ask me we should dump Trump and his likes plus the halfwits you have highlighted and lets not forget the crazy other extremists all on to one island and let them destroy one another.

But not this island!

link   
a reply to: Revolution9

So are you willing to see democracy and majority culture sabotaged by Islam because you just don't like Donald and because of his golf courses in Scotland? That is what your post is telling me. What wonderful logic at work in your post.

Do you even know what the word logic means? First you whine that Islam is behind all of this and show no evidence to support that statement. Second you cry that Islam is sabotaging your democracy and culture by wanting the laws of the UK applied to Donnie? He wouldn't be the first American banned from the UK because of hate speech Pamela Geller has also been banned. By wanting to allow people to come into the UK and spew their hate tells me that you are the one who is against democracy and majority culture not Islam because the majority culture said we don't want that kind of speech here.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Poll the BBC told you about... and the one they didn't: Petition calling on immigration to the UK to be stopped until ISIS is defeated has almost as many signatures as one calling for Trump to be barred

Source

This petition on Parliament’s website - called ‘Stop all immigration and close the UK borders until ISIS is defeated’ - had attracted 444,000 signatures as of 6pm.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I never said it was my own personal opinion or that I would need your permission to have it?

Never said you did or would need to. Just offering a path to avoid animosity

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not sure where you live in the UK, but us Londoners are "bothered with those type of people" especially when the hate preachers i included in my previous post have been connected to those 7/7 bombers.

Personally, I would rather have Trump allowed in our Country than the evil twisted nincompoops from my previous post. Trump is very unlikely to kill my fellow Londoners on the Tube with a suicide bomb, unlike these other scum of the Earth haters!
edit on 6.1.2016 by flammadraco because: Spelling

link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Poll the BBC told you about... and the one they didn't: Petition calling on immigration to the UK to be stopped until ISIS is defeated has almost as many signatures as one calling for Trump to be barred

Source

This petition on Parliament’s website - called ‘Stop all immigration and close the UK borders until ISIS is defeated’ - had attracted 444,000 signatures as of 6pm.

I was not aware of that, So have they decided to discuss this as well then?

I hope so as we could actualy start a trend here where our Goverment actually has to take on board what the people deem important.

The main difference here though is that the Trump one is based on him breaking laws whereas the other one is a matter of public opinion.

link   

Absolute Hogwash!!!

Not really.

Abu Hamza

Extridted to the USA 6 October 2012

Anjem Choudary

British Citizen so has a right to reside within the UK and has freedom od speech.

Ibrahim Anderson

Again British Citizens so how can we kick him out?
And he is to stand trial for promoteing terrorism.

Sheikh Mohammed

Do you mean Sheikh Omar Bakri Mohamed?
If soe he is in exile in Lebanon as he has been refused renentry to the UK.

Christians in the UK picketing a Pride Event

British citizens who have a right to protest.

HATE SPEECH

Again British Citizens who have a RIGHT to protest.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join