It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign says proposed UK ban over Muslim remarks 'a dangerous precedent'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

He would be slaughtered by our media, a couple of MP's who are all about "Image" rather than actual work would say some stuff and the wind farm thing would be brought up again! =D

edit on 6-1-2016 by brace22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Just remember that the vast majority of Britons did NOT sign that idiotic petition.

Dude? Nearly 1% signed that petition! This is news!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Just remember that the vast majority of Britons did NOT sign that idiotic petition.

Of course they didn't

BUT over 500,000 did and to me that is one large petition! I wonder what is the driving force?

It is obvious what the driving force is...ISLAM!:

Islam is the second largest religion with results from the United Kingdom Census 2011 giving the UK Muslim population in 2011 as ~2,706,066, ~4.5% of the total population. The vast majority of Muslims in the United Kingdom live in England: 2,660,116 (5.02% of the population).

It is a Muslim campaign to ban Donald Trump I am sure of it.

So British Parliament is allowing Islam to dictate who we can allow in to the UK if it decides on a ban. That is letting an extremely different culture minority to dictate the whole of UK policy toward one individual. That means if enough of them take offense against me for saying or doing what THEY decide is the wrong thing then I will be banned, too, even though I am a native and they are not.

Blooming ludicrous. I am with Donald completely on this. I don't necessarily share his views, but he is entitled to free speech. I think the British public need to stop being so lazy and counteract minority campaigns, otherwise we will all be living like Muslims if this is allowed to go unchecked. It almost makes me think I want Donald to win and then batter the UK down to size. We are nothing without America. Without America the UK is nothing, just a tiny little Island of people with heads bigger than their bodies.

What about if 500, 000 Muslims sign a petition that they want their own laws and justice on British soil? Will Parliament let them do that?

Politics has gone stir crazy. This is ridiculous. I don't like petitions because it is a way for minorities to sabotage majority culture. After this: I WILL NOT SIGN ANY MORE PETITIONS EVER. It has now been destroyed for me as a means to an end. Good bye stupid petitions. It is no way to conduct a democracy.

What if the Muslims sign a petition that they want the death penalty for Trump? Will the stupid Parliament appease them on that score, too?

edit on 6-1-2016 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski

And 99% did not

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I think the racist xenophobic sexists hatemonger should stick to spreading his particular brand of Nazi orientated bull crap in his own nation.

That being said if he does dare brave our island he should be apprehended, tied to a wind turbine and twated will rotten fruit till his humility somewhat improves!

Get lost Trump we nether wish nor require your type of first world racist hated round these here parts, we already have Cameron.

edit on 6-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
First of all:

So how about this......UK citizens concern yourself with your own politics and issues (and you have just as many troubling issues as any other country) and we will keep our nose out of yours.

Please take your own advice then? Who we ban for offending the 1% of the population is our own choice. I would like to parrot earlier posts.

The fact that its gone this far is amazing in a stupid and impressive way. The government actually paying attention to people though...makes a change huh?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

And 99% did not

And less than 0.1% signed the petition against the petition, we all had plenty of time to choose.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
And less than 0.1% signed the petition against the petition, we all had plenty of time to choose.

Can you elaborate? You're not saying a decision should be made based on 600.000 out of 60 million signatures right?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Which goes to show that most of us know these things are bollox. MP's only give time to stuff they already intended to discuss. Anything else gets paid lipservice

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

a reply to: crazyewok

I have to agree with the irony in this.

Trump talked about banning millions from the US and that is fine, the UK looks at banning one person and he gets all upset about it.

As to involvement in US politics I do not think this the case, banning him from the UK would not affect his ability to be President so I fail to see how it is relavant.

Doesnt affect his free speech either.

We are not saying he cant do his mad rantings, we are not saying we will censor them. Just he cant do it within our borders.

It's a good thing they'll be handling an important problem like Trump rather than other things that are trivial. I'm sure they already solved all the problems like budgeting and fiscal responsibility. Though maybe banning Trump is more important than even those things... there is a real likelihood of Trump moving to the UK to settle down and spreading his message.
edit on 1/6/16 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The petition has nothing to do with US politics it's about protecting the UK from hate stirring morons. That said I do not believe he should be banned. Instead he should be allowed to come here. When he does then you folks in the US will definitely have a complaint. The reason is scary for you Trump supporters. Trump would lose a debate over here in a heartbeat. Even our poor politicians are way better than yours. Trump would be shown up for the idiot he is and that will be so obvious to the average US citizen it would have an affect on his support.

So if you want to keep the Trump support up over there do not let him come over here!

Remember George Galloway? He ran rings round your senate commitee.

Oh I'm not a Galloway supporter by the way.....

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Actual ask the scots.

He is a real problem. Not joking. He has been on a sort of land grab for his golf courses and made a lot of Scottish lives a misery.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Can you elaborate? You're not saying a decision should be made based on 600.000 out of 60 million signatures right?

I am saying that there was a counter petition and it only got about 40,000 votes.

Compared to over half a million.

Percentage of population has nothing to do with it. Enough people spoke out that the goverment had to discuss it.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I say we refuse Trump entry in to our nation because he will spoil the view, i know i dont want to look at him.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Actual ask the scots.

He is a real problem. Not joking. He has been on a sort of land grab for his golf courses and made a lot of Scottish lives a misery.

Your thinking is skewed. You have your own agenda as to why he should be banned. This has got nothing to do with his business practises. You have brought your own prejudice here because the ban would suit your personal attitude toward Donald Trump. His business is not being debated. It is his attitude to Islam that is under scrutiny. Do you not understand that? This thread is not about his business practises is it!

So are you willing to see democracy and majority culture sabotaged by Islam because you just don't like Donald and because of his golf courses in Scotland? That is what your post is telling me. What wonderful logic at work in your post.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I say we refuse Trump entry in to our nation because he will spoil the view, i know i dont want to look at him.

www.mirror.co.uk...

I don't like looking at your post, but it does not mean I would try to get you banned. How immature your rationale is. What a great contribution to this argument. Where is the waste paper basket?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I would draw a parallel between the Terror of French Revolution and the way British "parliament" approaches human rights, freedom of speech, etc.

To even consider and debate the option of BANNING a person based on his / her opinions - is appalling.

While at the same time, the British are totally unable to contain the hate speech and violence preaching muslim clerics in their country.

Least to say, it is indeed worrying development - already as it is. A real disgrace for UK and Europe.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I am saying that there was a counter petition and it only got about 40,000 votes.

Compared to over half a million.

Percentage of population has nothing to do with it. Enough people spoke out that the goverment had to discuss it.

That is because it was mainly Islam that has banded together to sign the petition. It is a MUSLIM CAMPAIGN. Do you not see how that can happen?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Let us take this a bit further, let us assume the following be true.

* Muslims are a "real" threat to the US, and the "jihad" is real.

Then is it not logical, than one would "ban" possible enemy combatants to enter the country? didn't the United States, lock up japanese immigrants in WWII.

Then, assume the statement above is true (make note, it isn't necessarily true), then what would be logical conclusion that the UK would ban anyone making such a statement... then wouldn't that be logical to conclude, that the UK was "aiding and abedding" enemy combatants.

Now, I am here working under the assumption that the official statement that "islam" is in a "jihad" against the west, and are an actual threat to our society. This is supported by many news outlets. Then, whatever Trump says, even if it sounds bad ... makes perfect sense. You don't give enemy combatants the ability to enter the country, and create possible havoc and enemy activity that may increase the violence already there. You bar it ... now "IF" the official statement and assumption is NOT true, and that "islam" is NOT a threat ... then I suggest the UK and the US, start investigating and charging Tony Blair, George Bush for crimes against humanity. Then it would also make more sense, for the UK courts to focus on Tony Blair ... than Donald Duck ... I mean Trump.

edit on 6/1/2016 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Actual ask the scots.

Your thinking is skewed. You have your own agenda as to why he should be banned. This has got nothing to do with his business practises. You have brought your own prejudice here because the ban would suit your personal attitude toward Donald Trump. His business is not being debated. It is his attitude to Islam that is under scrutiny. Do you not understand that? This thread is not about his business practises is it!

So are you willing to see democracy and majority culture sabotaged by Islam because you just don't like Donald and because of his golf courses in Scotland? That is what your post is telling me. What wonderful logic at work in your post.

Do you have any actual proof that this is an islamic issue?

Do you have proof that the majority of the petitioners were muslim or is this just your own speculation geared to suit your own personal agenda?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join