It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a conspiracy researcher, this is how I watch a Disney movie...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Like I said, I think I just have prejudice against this new generation of actors. They all seem so fake to me. I have trouble believing these actors could be honestly as bad as they seem to me.

I feel like I'm in that south park episode where all I see and hear from the younger generation is #.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: singingbones
First, they all failed in numerous ways. That means that the original trilogy ultimately led to failure for them. Divorce, going back into a life of crime, and quitting your life's ambition. Some would call them all losers now. Talk about raping my childhood.

Let's rape it more:

"Luke, here's your father's lightsaber. He murdered dozens of children in cold blood with it, before I hacked him to pieces and left his charred carcass for dead."

I think it's generally a good idea to avoid applying too much conspiratorial analysis to works of fiction. Otherwise, you'd loose your mind if you read anything from Piers Anthony or Robert Heinlein.

edit on 6-1-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Danowski

In the last week I would have been lucky if I watched more than 5 hours of TV.

I still feel exactly the same...

But you DID watch!
You must quite watching for at least a month, dont read the news papers, and dont listen to the radio.
Do that and one day you'll realize just how effective the media is at influencing how we see the world.
I managed to get a friend to quit watching, and after about two months he said "It was like a switch suddenly flipped in my head", now like me, he cant watch without seeing the lies propaganda and blatant manipulation.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
First I'll say, I believe the "subtle inclusions" in various entertainment media do have some occult signficance in some cases, but I would hardly call them 'subliminal.'

As to the 4 points, I'll add my $0.02 in color within the quote (so 8 cents total)

originally posted by: Profusion
WARNING: THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS

Here's a very rough and very brief sketch off the top of my head:

1. Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia

First, they all failed in numerous ways. That means that the original trilogy ultimately led to failure for them. Divorce, allowing your child (or pupil) to become extremely evil, going back into a life of crime, and quitting your life's ambition. Some would call them all losers now. Talk about raping my childhood.

This is a bizarre perspective, but I understand some people like to apply the worst moments of a person's (or character's) life as if it entirely defines their experience and their very being. However, I think it is clear and obvious that the characters were not intended to portray infallible Gods, but human beings, with weaknesses, challenges and failings.

2. Kylo Ren

Petulant child, no self-control but the message is that that doesn't matter because he's one of the highest-level leaders in his organization. The main message to children here: You don't need to grow up to be successful.

It seems to me more like he's a tortured and torn soul, and accomplishes little to nothing when he lashes out in anger

3. Finn

You can leave an unjust situation out of your own volition but if you do, you'll be hunted down in a brutal way. I can still see the shot of Rey offering Finn her hand in my mind's eye.

What's the subliminal message? The black person needs a white person's help. And of course, the black character was one of the first to die, old movie cliche.

I was going to simply reply to this with, "Han Solo is White", but yeah...Blueracer addressed this perfectly, without being a smart(butt) like me. I do find it strange that you thought he died at all, let alone being the first to die. Are you sure you watched the movie at all?

4. Supreme Leader Snoke

Subliminal messages: The bad guy is ugly, the bad is obviously evil. I believe that's programming so people won't see what the Bible warns people about: "Satan disguises himself as an angel of light." Program people to think that supremely evil people look hideous and are obviously evil. You may argue that Kylo Ren was played by a handsome actor thus breaking that rule. I would say that was a different message altogether: You can be evil and good looking and attractive too. They've got it all covered.

I might agree with you on the point that "evil" is typically portrayed as "ugly", and possibly to ingrain it in the collective consciousness for the eventual reason of General Satan and his Beautiful Demonic Army to trick us all. The rest basically says, "they're saying that evil people can either be good looking or not good looking"...ok...

I could go on but I see no point.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I'll be honest, I didn't like Fen, he seemed like comic relief and poor acting. I couldn't get into his character, he made the movie feel like a bad saturday night live skit. Which is upsetting, his role could have been a good one.

As to why this is potentially conspiracy. Star Wars is probably one of the biggest roles a person can get at this point. So what do we get for a black skinned actor? Someone with poor talent that feels out of place and is a hard character to take seriously. Disney is known for racism in the past, therefor it's plausible that a poor actor in an unbelievable role was chosen specifically for this reason. Personally I'd like to believe Disney has moved past the Dumbo days and it was just a bad actor choice.

Then again, which I think is more likely, I just can't stand many of these younger actors and am just getting old. Almost every role I see new young actors in these days feel like bad skits... The girl was the only one I kinda liked. Well her and Han and Leia and chewy... well til the end. Then again the old crew weren't exactly young so they don't really count.

I couldn't possibly agree with you more. Finn was soooo over the top stereo typical "black person" that it made it very difficult to take the rest of the movie seriously. I am the absolute last person to cry racism for anything, but the depiction of his character was so racist it begs the question; Could that really have been done on accident? I say no way.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It's not that uncommon for writers to subtly insert themes into their stories that are important to them. I think calling the movie feminist propaganda is a bit of a stretch. It followed very formulaic patterns most movies take. What happens in the next sequel will likely illustrate either more or less of your theory.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join