It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a conspiracy researcher, this is how I watch a Disney movie...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
WARNING: THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS

When I watch a Disney movie, I try to look for what IS NOT a subliminal message first. Then, I try to figure out what subliminal messages were embedded in the film. I have good reasons for doing that. I've studied the works of others who have proven Disney's use of subliminal messages and I've found plenty myself that I've never discussed with anyone. Incidentally, I recommend Lenon Honor's work on subliminal messages. He has done a lot of excellent videos exposing Disney's subliminal messages. His best work is on the subliminal messages in "Star Trek: Voyager" IMHO.

I got a lot of criticism for the following thread:

"The Force Awakens" Really Is Feminist Propaganda

I was shocked by most of the reactions to that thread considering that this is a "conspiracy forum." To me what I described in the above thread is par for the course for Disney. I could have made a similar thread about many of the characters in "The Force Awakens" and how they have subliminal messages attached to them.

Here's a very rough and very brief sketch off the top of my head:

1. Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia

First, they all failed in numerous ways. That means that the original trilogy ultimately led to failure for them. Divorce, allowing your child (or pupil) to become extremely evil, going back into a life of crime, and quitting your life's ambition. Some would call them all losers now. Talk about raping my childhood.

2. Kylo Ren

Petulant child, no self-control but the message is that that doesn't matter because he's one of the highest-level leaders in his organization. The main message to children here: You don't need to grow up to be successful.

3. Finn

You can leave an unjust situation out of your own volition but if you do, you'll be hunted down in a brutal way. I can still see the shot of Rey offering Finn her hand in my mind's eye.

What's the subliminal message? The black person needs a white person's help. And of course, the black character was one of the first to die, old movie cliche.

4. Supreme Leader Snoke

Subliminal messages: The bad guy is ugly, the bad is obviously evil. I believe that's programming so people won't see what the Bible warns people about: "Satan disguises himself as an angel of light." Program people to think that supremely evil people look hideous and are obviously evil. You may argue that Kylo Ren was played by a handsome actor thus breaking that rule. I would say that was a different message altogether: You can be evil and good looking and attractive too. They've got it all covered.

I could go on but I see no point.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/6/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I think most of what both Hollywood and many tv channels push out as entertainment etc is now pure propaganda designed to push ideas onto people and make them accept what is happening in the world. A prime example of this is that people are aware of what the Israeli government gets up to and yet we have the continual list of films giving the Jewish story of persecution and suffering. But today's reality is very different.

Politics and business films give the impression that those at the top get caught, but they don't. Its usually documentaries made after someone has been murdered (?) that usually give a different version of life from disney etc.

You just have to look at whose financing and making the films to see their agenda and also the actors they use. I don't think we have ever had such an ugly group of mediocre talented leading men and insipid women getting huge financial salaries to see who gets promoted to stardom. Many celebrities in the news are simply spoilt, shallow individuals easily manipulated by the moguls who are influencing public opinion through this particular channel of propaganda. People seem to be more aware today and there are some great films out there - although (British political history included), Pirates of the Caribbean is one.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

3. Finn

You can leave an unjust situation out of your own volition but if you do, you'll be hunted down in a brutal way. I can still see the shot of Rey offering Finn her hand in my mind's eye.

What's the subliminal message? The black person needs a white person's help. And of course, the black character was one of the first to die, old movie cliche.

Finn didn't die so your whole theory kind of loses any legitimacy that it had in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
When you comment:
1. Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia

First, they all failed in numerous ways. That means that the original trilogy ultimately led to failure for them. Divorce, going back into a life of crime, and quitting your life's ambition. Some would call them all losers now. Talk about raping my childhood. .........
I'm really not sure what point you're making regarding their failures (a well-worn movie device used in sequels to bring the old gang back together, much like the 'one last heist' to pay off debts' trope, bringing back together a gang who inevitably have settled down into boring, disappointing lives in the meantime).

In fact, you don't actually make a point, except that it 'raped' your childhood. Which makes you sound very much less than objective.: objectivity being an essential skill for a conspriacy theorist.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

F.U.

Warn if star wars spoilers!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

You saw the feminist propaganda too?-----Its a Clintonian 2016 election thing as well.

No mystery they are the true Magi-cia-ns

edit on 6-1-2016 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Message I saw is we can work together and White people are not holding you down, we will offer a hand to lift you up.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

So they do this so a handful of nutters will over analyse every second of their movies? Genius!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Didn't he keep trying to grab her hand before this? And she kept refusing?

I see it as her accepting him as a friend after what just happened to them, and the hand thing is symbolic of that.

Oh and Satan made her do it....

edit on 6/1/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

so you went looking for the crap you " knew " was there - and stared at the screen till you " found " it

confirmation bias 1 : critical thinking 0

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'll be honest, I didn't like Fen, he seemed like comic relief and poor acting. I couldn't get into his character, he made the movie feel like a bad saturday night live skit. Which is upsetting, his role could have been a good one.

As to why this is potentially conspiracy. Star Wars is probably one of the biggest roles a person can get at this point. So what do we get for a black skinned actor? Someone with poor talent that feels out of place and is a hard character to take seriously. Disney is known for racism in the past, therefor it's plausible that a poor actor in an unbelievable role was chosen specifically for this reason. Personally I'd like to believe Disney has moved past the Dumbo days and it was just a bad actor choice.

Then again, which I think is more likely, I just can't stand many of these younger actors and am just getting old. Almost every role I see new young actors in these days feel like bad skits... The girl was the only one I kinda liked. Well her and Han and Leia and chewy... well til the end. Then again the old crew weren't exactly young so they don't really count.
edit on 1/6/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
For all you Hollywood an Television lovers, try and live a few months without a television, movies or tv series.
It will free your mind and you will never go back.

But thats just the opinion of a nutter, go back watching TV - we all know you can't make it without.

Edit: The average American spends 5 hours a day watching television. Plus 8 hours of work, 8 hours of sleep. 21 out of 24 hours already gone - sounds healthy.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Danowski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I have not watched TV much (no cable) for a couple of decades. However, I recently connected (!) with Netflix and have watch a series of shows, most notably the entire series of episodes of Star Trek: Generations That be the one with the hot T'Pol Vulcan and her incredibly shrinking breasts, Capt. Archer, and the crew in blue uniforms.

Having watch the episodes in fairly rapid succession, I was amazed to find that each episode was built around one liberal politically correct stance or another. It was wondrous how Capt. Archer, ship and crew whizzed around the Universe making friends and influencing people...er, aliens, never firing a proton torpedo or phazer first no matter the situation, usually outgunned in shields and weapons and usually only firing on "stun" or at the engines of the bad guys...er, aliens when absolutely necessary. Somehow, as the under dogs, we would win in every episode. Real life situations are different. Self-generated warm and fuzzy feelings are no defense to the sharp blade of another being.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Subliminal messages: The bad guy is ugly, the bad is obviously evil. I believe that's programming so people won't see what the Bible warns people about: "Satan disguises himself as an angel of light." Program people to think that supremely evil people look hideous and are obviously evil. You may argue that Kylo Ren was played by a handsome actor thus breaking that rule. I would say that was a different message altogether: You can be evil and good looking and attractive too. They've got it all covered.

So evil is both ugly and attractive and each is a subliminal message. How about the contradiction proves you need to relax when watching a movie. It must be awfully sad to never enjoy a movie without seeing some hidden message.

There are lots of hidden messages or rather red herrings in the latest Star wars. It's nothing subliminal. It's all about stirring up enough speculation amongst fans that in 2 years time they flock to the cinema and make Disney lots of money. Basic marketing I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

In the last week I would have been lucky if I watched more than 5 hours of TV.

I still feel exactly the same...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

first and foremost you got your Star Trek messed up.

Star Trek: Generations was a movie where Captain Jean-Luc Picard(Patrick Stewart) meets James Tiberius "Jim" Kirk,(William Shatner) and they team up to fight Soran (Malcolm McDowell ) a man dead set on getting into the Nexus by destroying planets. that's all i'll say about the movie, you'll have to watch it for the rest. it wasn't the worst one and not the best one of the Star Trek movies.

Second the hot Sub-Commander T'Pol (Jolene Blalock) and Captain Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula) were in the series
Star Trek: Enterprise, original name of show was ( Enterprise)

and your missing the point of the show their mission was a peaceful one of exploring, not going to far off planets and blasting the hell out of every thing there. plus if you watched the series to the end, you know that Archer told Star Fleet right before his ship and and another one went out to fight the Xindi, that they needed more weapons on both ships, because the Universe is more hostile than they thought.

edit on 6-1-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-1-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I'll be honest, I didn't like Fen, he seemed like comic relief and poor acting. I couldn't get into his character, he made the movie feel like a bad saturday night live skit. Which is upsetting, his role could have been a good one.

I was the exact opposite kinda. I thought Disney were just going to make a black male lead because it's 2015 (am I racist? lol) but the character surprised me and I was overall pleased with how he was portrayed. I like the way they still kept the tiniest fraction of somethng that almost seemed recognizable as 'black londoner' in his character's personality/flavour.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski

But thats just the opinion of a nutter, go back watching TV - we all know you can't make it without.

Edit: The average American spends 5 hours a day watching television. Plus 8 hours of work, 8 hours of sleep. 21 out of 24 hours already gone - sounds healthy.

Don't tell me what to do

Maybe you should try checking out some of the great entertainment the world has to offer.
Movie/TV is an art form to be enjoyed. What do you do with your free time that's soo much better than TV or movies?
Write lame poetry about how bad TV is? Paint mediocre pictures?
C'mon man... let the people who watch this stuff discuss it freely without you coming in and telling us your better because you don't watch it. Our minds are just as free as yours, even if we watch TV

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the spoiler warning in your thread you ****** ****.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yep! I was wrong on the exact show, but right on the constant PC theme. My all too subtle point was that evidently some people did not recognize is that Disney is in the process of preparing us to be nice to aliens out there and to think more kindly to those that we see here in our land. (That would be the UFO folk despite some of their more aggressive and humiliating personal interactions with some of us.)

edit on 6-1-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join