It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westall, Vic, Australia 50+ years on & still no closer to the truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's not common that you hear something of this caliber coming out from the land downunder, especially with the reported on going cover up attempts.

It was 11.00am on April 6, 1966, when Australia’s largest mass UFO sighting took place.
Students and teachers from Westall High School and Westall State School, and members of the public claim to have watched as three metallic objects with no obvious markings manoeuvred silently through the sky.
The objects landed in a paddock adjacent to the schools before quickly flying away, leaving large circles of flattened grass with well-defined, discoloured edges behind.
In the hours following the incident, emergency services, the military and the media were in attendance trying to make sense of the baffling encounter.
Several witnesses claim sharply-dressed men in dark suits warned them from speaking about the incident.

I for one wasn't even aware, although it seems perfectly reasonable, of a "MIB" style alphabet organisation here in Australia.

Researcher Shane Ryan has spent the last decade of his life investigating the incident and after speaking with more than 100 primary witnesses, he believes something strange occurred.
“It was so unusual ... it occurred in broad daylight and had been seen by so many people landing on the ground, before taking off again,” he told news.com.au
“The event was obviously sizeable enough to muster a big response. Whatever it was that happened led to government agencies examining the site and taking soil samples.”
Mr Ryan said he believes there has been a concerted effort to keep the incident under wraps.
“[The media] kept meeting an official wall of silence, so it just stopped being a story and only remained as a memory for those involved,” he said.

And when you think about it, 100+ is a pretty massive number of witness accounts, and a prett diverse group to boot.

Westall UFO incident

Be interested to get the thoughts of those on here who may know more about the above incident as I'm only jsut learning about it myself now.
edit on 6/1/16 by JustMike because: Corrected "WA, Austaralia" to "Vic, Australia".

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
First up Westall is in Victoria and secondly its not Austaralia
I think this one is a hoax. I read about this pretty extensively and to me it sounds like mass hysteria of kids not knowing what they were seeing. But maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BalderAsir

As mazzoth said, Westall is in country Victoria..

Here's a couple of threads on it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I think even most skeptics agree something was seen in this and other mass sightings like Phoenix, Hudson Valley, and Belgium.

However all we are left with for the most part is witness reports, still it is a common complaint to hear that all the years of UFO investigation has yielded little hard evidence. Given what we know of cases with a huge number of witnesses, is it really valid point?

Since we arent going to be spoon fed high rez pics, you just have to take the evidence there is do the best you can. For some people, I know this will never be enough, but personally I do think the puzzle is complete enough in this case to conclude the most likely explanation doesnt involve our technology.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
As an example of how your mind plays tricks on you I will share an account I had with an Ex-RAAF pilot who lived next door to me. He knocked on my door around 10:30pm quite incessantly so I come down stairs and saw him standing in my porch light in an excited state, he said come outside and check this out.

I went outside and walked down to his yard and stood in a precise position on his lawn to see this shimmering light about 100 metres out low in the sky and below the horizon so as not to be a star.

I immediately said its a street light shining off a roof antenna, to which he vehemently stated no this is highly strange light and disagreed. Being the calm guy I am I walked home and got a pair pair of high powered binoculars and bingo I was right, If you stood in a certain position this TV Antenna had a street light shining on it in a very interesting way.

My point is that until something is proven to be strange/unexplainable take the skeptical position because 99.9% of the time things can be explained, but there are things that cannot.
edit on 6-1-2016 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The one thing that stands out to me is why would these objects land adjacent to a school?

I mean surely if it was man-made/military, you wouldn't just pop by and see how the kids are getting on would it?

Never heard of this encounter before so thanks OP!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

When it comes to UFOs and aliens, one should keep in mind that some people will never believe that people have seen UFOs and aliens, until their church gives them permission to believe such stories.

Why do I say this? because somewhere in the bible it contains a sentence that says ' god made man in his own image.' This sentence excludes the possibility, as far as christian churches are concerned, of any life form just as intelligent as us, cannot exist, or if they did they must look identical to us, in which case they again, don't exist.

One day, should enough of the the flock no longer believe that sentence, the church big wigs will have to go into a huddle and 'redefine' that sentence to accommodate what the majority of the majority flock believe to be true.

For this reason, one should always discount, at least to some extent, the statements about UFOs and aliens as being the product of wild imagination, (which implies, they would not be made if those poor 'victims' believed in god,) made by such people.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This is probably one of the most bizarre and interesting stories related to all of this. I think a similar event happened in Russia and it was just one of those things where either hundreds of people were lying or something did happen. If only something like this would happen today...

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thetical
This is probably one of the most bizarre and interesting stories related to all of this. I think a similar event happened in Russia and it was just one of those things where either hundreds of people were lying or something did happen. If only something like this would happen today...

We don't hear too often today when militaries observe craft of unknown origin because of secrecy and orders given to personnel not to say anything, but in places today where loss of life occurs in war torn areas, there are indeed a lot of sightings of craft observing man killing man. They probably find it pretty bizzarre a planet where this stupidness happens.

There were standing orders during the Korean war and Vietnam to shoot them down. Not one was ever shot down, and when fired upon, they shot back with the same ammo. Not ammo like ours, but the very same ammo was somehow trapped and returned upon the shooters. They sank some of our naval boats as well. I have a cousin who was shot down in a huey and survived it. He saw the creatures inside their transparent domed saucer shaped craft pretty close.

Always keep in mind that those who scoff at these kinds of reports or aliens in general have never witnessed them themselves, so what they say to debunk them is based upon only their own ignorance. Ask any debunker if they have ever seen a flying saucer up close or seen entities. None I have ever heard of have, or they wouldn't be laughing about those who have seen them. I like to point this out these days when so many voices pile up against this reality, while basing themselves upon the strictest kind of ignorance possible. It's sad, and hilarious at the same time.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
The one thing that stands out to me is why would these objects land adjacent to a school?

I mean surely if it was man-made/military, you wouldn't just pop by and see how the kids are getting on would it?

Never heard of this encounter before so thanks OP!!!

Interesting story, never heard of this one. Reminds me of this one, another school encounter in Africa:

"African Schoolchildren See Landed UFO and Occupant (Ariel School Sighting in Ruwa, Zimbabwe)"
"On 14th September, 1994, a UFO streaked across the sky over Southern Africa. Two days later, something landed in a schoolyard in Ruwa, Zimbabwe, with three or four things beside it, according to journalist Cynthia Hind. This was witnessed by 62 schoolchildren, who had little or no exposure to TV or popular press accounts of UFOs".
www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I actually think that this is one of the most interesting UFO cases on record. I do not believe that it is "mass hysteria of kids". There is too much evidence to suggest that strange objects were indeed seen on that day, although I do not rule out the possibility that these could have been of terrestrial origin.

new topics

top topics

join