It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea conducts 'successful' hydrogen bomb test

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If ever there was a puppet of China, it's North Korea. If they can land a sucker punch EMP on America, China can weigh the odds of winning with a follow up while staying out of the cross hairs, if not, the U.S. can spend it's money on bombing a wasteland of a country.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Business Insider is reporting comments being made by experts the yield was not large enough to be an H bomb. They think it was a boosted weapon with tritium added to increase the yield of a fission bomb.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Can you imagine living in NK, starving to death, knowing all the money spent on this BS, having to pretend to be so proud and pledge loyalty to the Dear Leader?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Ok all me need now is a Space Shuttle to be forced down to the surface and within a few days we have the Killshot ! Nooooooooooooooooooooo Ed Dames was right ( no he isn't
)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Most sources right now seem to be saying its a earthquake.

CNN if officially covering it as a Nuke test now. Not sure if other's have updated this thread yet, as Im still reading the first page, and apparently the UN is meeting tomorrow on discussion about it:

The United Nations Security Council will hold meeting Wednesday to discuss North Korea's claim that it successfully tested a hydrogen bomb, two diplomats told CNN.

www.cnn.com...

I was just going to originally comment though, I woke up to use the washroom, checked the headlines before bed as I always do and saw "Magnitude 5.1 Earthquake in North Korea" and I'm like "WT, since when is this breaking news?"

"Does they think Glorious Leader has an earthquake machine or something?"

"Oh wait.."

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
Can you imagine living in NK, starving to death, knowing all the money spent on this BS, having to pretend to be so proud and pledge loyalty to the Dear Leader?

They don't pretend, they are. The whole country is brainwashed.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Out of interest... And although this is pretty alarming..

What are the odds of them actually launching one and hitting a target? I know they have China to cuddle at night, but surely if they were to launch at the US, you would be able to deter it pretty easily? I mean, is the NK level of nuclear delivery advanced enough to combat against Western defences?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
Out of interest... And although this is pretty alarming..

What are the odds of them actually launching one and hitting a target? I know they have China to cuddle at night, but surely if they were to launch at the US, you would be able to deter it pretty easily? I mean, is the NK level of nuclear delivery advanced enough to combat against Western defences?

Anything leaving North Korea that was determined to be "more than a test" would be shot down pretty quick. The one thing lil' Kim has done is ensure constant satellite and anti-missile coverage.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I figured as much.

It is a tad ironic isn't it... That we refuse to see NK as some "Real" threat... Yet we just can't stop looking over that fence and seeing what is going on.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

If you don't think we have all the intel we need on NK, well c'mon now.

I'm interested in China's official response. They have enough to tend to with their stock market, last thing they need is their cross-eyed retard dog barking and taking craps everywhere.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

There's almost always a carrier group lurking in that area.

Marines stationed in Japan.

These are just what I can think of off the top of my head.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Agreed, I think the western world knows more than what they let on. If push ever came to shove, it wouldn't take long to deal with any threat.... All depends on whether China got involved. IMO anyway.

I think China will come out saying "Take it easy"... In their eyes, as you said, this is very poorly timed.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
That's why I'm really interested in China's response. Normally this goes as NK wags the dog, China calls for restraint and gives the dog a bone. I'm not sure how many dog bones China can afford right now without causing a major economic stir at home.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

How can they. It just happened a few hours ago. As sson as NK mentioned this on the News Our media desided to treat it as a nuklear detonation. They have not had enough time to assess what kind of detonation this was.

Our governments are guessing just as much as we are.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Our governments have access to 24/7 satellite imagery that can show everything and anything in NK.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Yep... I think China has it's hands tied on this one.

If anything, that is a GOOD thing for the UN, as they can react knowing China isn't going to stand in the way as much!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Hey man

I am afraid I have to agree with Vector on this one. They may not have known there was going to be a detonation, but I am confident in saying it would not have taken them long to find out who and what etc.

Plus everything in the media is going to have a pinch of doomsday thrown into the mix.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Our governments have access to 24/7 satellite imagery that can show everything and anything in NK.

Yeah dream on. You have no idea what the US can observe With their satellites, let alone if this was a H bomb or a nuklear detonation.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
A couple of things to ponder...

The US has many assets (military and civilian) just across the DMZ in South Korea. Think the proximity to Japan as well. Kim doesn't have to aim at the US to start WWIII.

Was it the last Republican debate (or the one before?) where Donald Trump went off on a rant about North Korea and several on the stage (and the front runner on the other side) dismissed his rant against Kim as Trump being a scare monger, but he either is very lucky or very astute in his prep.

This ain't good...and our current US leader, Pres Obama, thinks Global Warming is the biggest threat we face.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
If you say so.

H bomb or a nuklear detonation.

Kinda the same thing

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join