It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is armed resistance to the government acceptable?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
“We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Here's a follow-up that I never see asked ... what are you all going to do on Day Two?

Let's say your "long-overdue" rebellion works. The Federal government, for some reason, dissolves itself.

What happens then?
food riots, violence, war lords, panic and despair but not anything greater than other generations have faced.
The saving grace, the lifeline, will be the states and the rise of their power again.....
building from the ground up, eliminating entire levels of local government in order to just survive.

The spontaneous organization of people at the ground level to look not to government but to look to their neighbors, their church, their temple, secure their family and then see who needs help.

Once stability is restored the economy will start again but
not with imports from foreign lands because their collapse will be far greater, far more violent, far more starvation as they are ripped from the American tit of consumption.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Heck they already have the training, they could easily splinter off with their squad mates and form small militias that can serve to protect their friends and family.

The movie Goodbye World, does a good job of showing you what is sure to happen in some areas if the government collapsed.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
hey party people! this is may first post on here and I just want to say that I really like the community on this site.

is it to late for us to do anything about it? how can we resist such a disproportionate amount of power? they have all this high-tech equipment for monitoring us, infinite resources/funds,etc. I have a dog and a ex-wife...I am outclassed here. it is quite depressing.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Do they take the same pledge today?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DRrockzo
What happens if you stop feeding your dog?

After a while he will look for other ways to get his food. Depending on the circumstances, he may even attack you. Yet in the end, he will either change his ways or starve.

The only arms needed are the ones that control our hands.

Stop feeding the beast.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Technomancer01

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: olaru12

Only true if the citizens in the military and police force choose the corrupt government over their legal right to fight the corrupt government should the time come. It's arguable that it is the police and military's duty to support the citizenry if they are in the right. In fact I'd say the oath to defend the constitution from threats both foreign and domestic demands the military join a legitimate revolution.

Is a matter of whether military citizens are capable and willing to support the populace if in the right, or if TPBTis too entrenched in their organizations and the citizens that make up the military and police force too indoctrinated to join the citizens cause.

The military and the cops will support the entity that write their pay checks.

How do you determine a legitimate revolution. Many who claim to advocate a revolution really want a civil war for their control over the people; just trading masters....

Insurrections take leaders.....do you see any?

The Bundys?

I know that a lot of folks like to think that the military would blindly follow its' leaders. However, from my experience (retired military), my brothers and sisters in uniform would be sorely tested and with a 90% certainty ally themselves with the populace if/when the government OVERTLY turns against it's own people. The first example that comes to mind is if we were turned against the common man in an overall martial law WITHOUT LOGICAL CAUSE. I emphasize the previous because there are situations where government control needs to be exercised IMHO like during major catastrophes like looting during extended power outages.

Just my .02

I used to believe that too until I saw what happened with the gun grabs & hurricane katrina...

Not so much anymore.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It is the duty of the American people to take our government back and restore Constitutional government.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join