It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals have more Freedom than human beings (money is slavery)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Nature evolved to allow animals to be free. They can even poop in the wild and it will be cleaned up by other organisms that evolved to take advantage of it. The animals have food, shelter, water, waste disposal - all for free. Humans are the ones that "claim" land and then proceed to strip it of everything natural and charge money for what was free to begin with.

Natives are humans that are still in touch with the land. They do utilize tools but are also free. The land in its natural form provides many resources and tools for free, minus a little work.
edit on 05pmTue, 05 Jan 2016 16:39:09 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I always found this statement interesting when applied to nature as well as people:

"The most important thing is, only do it. When you only do something one hundred percent, then there is no subject, no object. There’s no inside or outside. Inside and outside are already one. That means you and the whole universe are one and never separate."

Taken from:
Ko Bong

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I tend to think that if other animals had the same brain capacities as us, they would be like us, they would create concepts and play with concepts and cling to concepts and identify with those concepts as much as we do. By creating concepts and playing with them we take the risk of becoming slaves to those concepts, but isn't taking risks a proof of relative freedom ? We have not yet arrived at the end of our social, technological, biological, philosophical evolution. To think we are a perfect finished product is a mistake.

If only we were able to update social concepts as often as we update scientific concepts ...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

S&F, its a good topic and it is funny when you posted this because I was just thinking about something very similar. It almost seems now, that a significant segment of the human population is for all intents and purposes, domestic livestock. Think about it. We have been domesticated no to rebel against things that are against our best interest, and for the most part people are not even aware of it. As George Carlin once said, we just continue to passively accept the increasingly bleak work and social landscape without even thinking that there might be any alternative. In some countries, like France, when workers are mistreated they react swiftly and aggressively to defend their rights. But here in the US, most people just smile while they are repeatedly walked on by their employers daily. Why? I think its because TPTB have figured out how to satiate us just enough to keep our sense of self respect and self preservation from demanding more. Big screen TVs, video Games, movies, TV, cheap food (relatively cheap). A full belly and a distraction keeps the "cows" producing. Its sad because its hard to imagine it any other way now.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ever stop and wonder that maybe humanity is the least evolved of the animals, and something like a tiger has already grasped lucifer's folly of duality and seperation and now exists in perfect harmony with nature?
Think about it, take any animal and they have the same basic template of four limbs, one head, a face, all in the correct places and in correct proportions, but each animal having become perfectly specialized?
You could say that humans are specialized in the creator model, having a blend of large brain with dexterity to build with our hands. We are the closest to the creator or God, but are the least suited for harmonically living here as part of mother earth. We are more like guests here than a natural feature of this world.
Sure, there's the indigineous people with one crease in their palms like a monkey, they live the balanced path. Perhaps they are trending towards a more animalistic life, rather than a more modern civilized lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
As I say many times on this forum.

"Greed has no boundaries."
You take away the objects, they hoard the food, you take away the food, they hoard the land.

There is a reason why we had Kings in the past and we will eventually have kings again. Humanity is quite greedy.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Animals do have more freedoms in many ways, but much of it comes with the sacrifice of safety.

In the wild its eat or be eaten for animals. There are no guarantees to find shelter, and fighting for territory is a daily struggle. Its savagery in its purest form.

Animals do have a major advantage in not having to put up with regional tribal religious differences. They don't add layers of BS to their lives like we've managed to create. For that I absolutely envy them.

edit on 7-1-2016 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Animals have more Freedom than human beings (money is slavery)

No one is 'free'.
There is no 'free-will', there is no 'choice'!
All us animals, and everything else, can only act in accord with it's nature, at that moment!
Every moment of Universal existence already exists, and can NEVER be 'otherwise'!
'Freedom' is just a vain (imaginary) 'belief' (infection), like the belief in God, or flying unicorns, or no God...

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The exaggerated focus upon freedom perplexes me.

For one- I don't think it is especially desirable.

Two - I don't think it is possible in this reality, for any living entity.

Full freedom would be a dream-like state, in which all of ones reality is under their conscious control- all events, all people, all objects and life around them are subject to their whim and desire.
For many this is the description of "heaven".

I had lucid dreams for a while, which culminated in such a control at some point, until I decided that it was boring as hell to be god- I wanted unexpected events, unexpected, unplanned and even undesired reactions from the world and others, and challenges to overcome.

Humans largely freed themselves from the limiting effects of the elements, (the weather and environmental conditions), availability of food sources, water, and predators.
We developed sublimated ways of working out hierarchy, and mating rights, which free us from having to kill or injure rivals....and ways to take over territories without having to kill or destroy the resources of the territory (with businesses like McDonalds and Starbucks, for example).

But you can go back to the original natural version whenever you like.
You always have the freedom to choose your prison.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ill just place this Here !

www.youtube.com...

Doug Seems to be Right ...

Freedom is Dead in America ...

all those patriotic Songs are DEAD!!
and Have no Meaning at all now ..

The Star-Spangled Banner

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Been saying this for years. Do wolves struggle to obtain a regular meal? Does a bear have to suffer through cave foreclosure? Do migrating birds have to obey no fly zones and carry passports?

The planets' most developed species is in fact the most restricted.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
Been saying this for years. Do wolves struggle to obtain a regular meal? Does a bear have to suffer through cave foreclosure? Do migrating birds have to obey no fly zones and carry passports?

Yes, wolves definitely struggle to obtain a regular meal! It only with the help of a pack that they have successful hunts. If they're not, they're like dogs and depend on being cute or useful for their free meals

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

see my last post !

Stanhope is spot on

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

HA this is such bull.

Do wolves have the amenities we enjoy?
Do bears?
Do birds?

No, of course not. They only need the basics, and they only pursue the necessities. Food, basic shelter, etc. Humans pursue much more, and virtually none of it is a necessity. What do you expect from life? Free steak and lobster and produce from the grocery store? A free house? Free travel to any country and any place whenever you and anyone else wants, even if it puts someone else in danger?

Here's a question for you...and I sound like a dick but I'm serious...
Why do people like you think that we should live like animals? Why do you think animals are equal to humans as far as needs, wants, desires, goals, comfort, etc? How do you justify this? How can you legitimately and honestly compare "wolves get free food" to humans?

I'll answer for you...you can't do any of that, not honestly. You have to lie about reality to believe that.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You've been living in a dreamworld Neo. Nowadays debt has enslaved all but the elite and super rich. The people who run this sideshow blatantly put it out there in the media taunting us. Sick #in world but the good hope is its all coming to an end shortly anyways, itll get worse but it most definitely will be better! God bless

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Money is bait. Civilization is slavery. You are not shackled to money. You're shackled to your neighbors. Right now, money just happens to be part of the mechanism that is shackling you to the rest of your fellow prisoners. But if money goes away tomorrow the same problems will still exist.

Everything that has been built up around currency comes from the human desire for comfort and security. Out of that grows the lust for power. Anything that gets power IS power. Money is power. Take money out of the equation and someone will invent something to replace it.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Treestyle

No animal is in harmony with nature, there is no harmony in nature. Natural balance is an illusion easily seen through by looking at it over long periods of time.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Why do some have it "all" yet still feel empty? Why does a tribesman feel more content than a wall street banker. Simplicity. The more unnatural we act, the more our soul wishes to be free. Live in the woods, eat from the forest, drink from the streams. Very few have the courage to run "away".

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Oannes

There's no such thing as unnatural, it's an impossibility.

The reason why what you say happens is due to stress. Our lives are filled with too much data, it's stressful.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Home sapiens are animals. You're free to go offline, walk out of the comfort of your home, denounce civilization and be a wild man catching your prey and resting your head where you like.

Seriously, so much warped reasoning in the OP.

<< 1    3 >>

join