It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 states least likely to legalize Marijuana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenixI live in Oklahoma. Just recently a petition to get marijuana on the ballot for a vote came up short of the needed 100k signatures. The people that want to make it legal will try again sometime this year. I personally do not partake in the drug. But I can see the medicinal use of THC oil as being beneficial.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I don't think Arizona will ever legalize mj. With all the right wingers in total oppisition. PluS they need to keep all the corporate prisons filled.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't think Arizona will ever legalize mj. With all the right wingers in total oppisition. PluS they need to keep all the corporate prisons filled.

What a silly thing to say you do know that mmj is legal here right?

edit on 4-1-2016 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

norml.org...
norml.org...

They have medical, not quite the same thing.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yup no different then Cali or a majority of other states.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Great more people doped up on weaponized weed, just what this country needs to put the sheep back to sleep.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

Please enlighten us about this "weaponized weed".

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
Great more people doped up on weaponized weed, just what this country needs to put the sheep back to sleep.
I' guess you mean spice..? Google pointed me in that direction anyway. Sorry back to lurking.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Actually arizona has very different laws than California.
They treat possession as a felony, it takes sales to catch that in CA.
norml.org...

So yes you can have medical MJ and I am sure it is easy to get, well not by the defined standards but I am sure there is ways around that, but I am not sure if that should be considered legal.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I'm not sure where you are going but mmj is legal here and we are a conservative state and the member I replied to said it wouldn't happen but he was proved wrong and it is extremely easy to get approved just look at the list of qualifying conditions.

edit on 4-1-2016 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

If you are referring to "weaponized weed" as defined in this article, then that is not the type of marijuana that we are discussing in this thread. That drug, referred to as K2 or Spice, is a designer drug containing a synthetic cannabis component as its active ingredient.

Synthetic cannabis attempts to create an effect similar to the THC and other cannabinoids present in biologically-grown marijuana. However, its effects are unpredictable, unlike the substance it is trying to emulate.

There is controversy about calling Spice and K2 synthetic cannabis. "Synthetic marijuana" is a misnomer according to Lewis Nelson, MD, a medical toxicologist at the NYU School of Medicine. "It's really quite different, and the effects are much more unpredictable. It's dangerous, and there is no quality control in what you are getting." Since the term synthetic does not apply to the plant but rather to the chemical that the plant contains (tetrahydrocannabinol), the term synthetic cannabinoid is more appropriate.
Wikipedia

Those designer drugs, which have no connection to the Cannabis in question, are becoming increasingly illegal in the United States. The effects of marijuana are well known and seldom lead to the extreme reactions that occur more often with these drugs that are based on unstable synthetic cannabinoids created in a lab.

-dex

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I think it's a shame if that article is correct. Here, where I live,in my current position I administer a lot of drug tests. Company policy dictates a 0 % tolerance. You can be the most skilled person, have best work history, or be the most caring individual and if you test positive for THC...you're out.
We don't (as a company) seem to have any problems with folks who abuse alcohol. An exception would be if they were under the influence on the clock. Of course, we all know that the "effects" of alcohol can linger long after the "buzz" has gone.
It's just a shame, sometimes, that folks I believe would be good workers and have a lengthy career with our company have to be terminated...

It just seems, to me, that the negative effects of marijuana vs the negative effects of alcohol are a no brainer...unless you have BILs that are piled up in one of your bedrooms all of the time keeping your fridge empty...

a reply to: LSU0408

LOL! I KNEW what you meant and I took it that way as well!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

South Dakota is not a southern state by any definition.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
And just to deny a little more ignorance, by digging deeper than a cue-card read video advertisement, there is this little bit of information.

a statewide poll that found that 72 percent of the state's residents support medical marijuana, but only 35 percent support personal use.
link

So, maybe Wyoming isn't quite ready this year to pass full legalization, they're gonna be pushing in the next few years.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Medical is a grey area of legal, it is legal if you get the docs say so, not quite the same thing.

What the article is about is going beyond that, you know legal recreational MJ.

Must have your medical records for at least the previous 12 months and provide them to the medical marijuana doctor of your choosing. (The medical records must include the diagnosis of your qualifying medical condition.)

If they stick to this, I wouldn't say it is extremely easy to get it. Their list isn't exactly common things, except for chronic pain and nausea.

Alzheimer's Disease
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease)
Cachexia or wasting syndrome
Cancer
Chronic pain
Crohn's Disease
Glaucoma
Hepatitis C
HIV or AIDS
Nausea
Persistent Muscle Spasms
PTSD
Seizures

But money talks so I will concede that it probably isn't this way across the board at every doc's office.

Their medical is also pretty restrictive compared to CA.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think wyoming is making grounds. Utah for sure isnt. And if utah tried it would be like the lame ohio attempt.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

No need to argue with you I live here I know how easy it is for people to get their cards I know cops don't mess with card holders and I know that I live out side of the 25 mile radius of a dispensary and can legally grow my own crops as long as I abide by the rules of the state also patients jobs are protected as long as it's not safety sensitive such as transportation or as long you don't medicate on the job, compare that to a traditional blue state such as Illinois and you will see this conservative state is pretty lax.

(post by Six663Third removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That list looks about right. I'd have included Texas on that list too, but they shocked everyone when they attempted to legalize it last year.

A republican was pushing for it. Rednecks have been smoking weed since before it was illegal. I understand why its such a surprise is because you don't live in Texas. Actually, I thought it was already legal in Texas, everyone is openly smoking it like it is.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: LSU0408

From what I can tell, OP mentioned rural or Southern states, and went on to say that many of them were lower in rankings of educational standards.

I don't think OP was bashing Southern states, especially when you read that entire sentence (the one you bolded in your response).

On topic, I bet some of the legislators in these states would reconsider if they see the economic benefits of legalizing. But that's none of my business

Right. Rural or Southern, meaning rednecks and country bumpkins. I know exactly what point was being made. I just thought it was funny that education was brought up and Tennessee was......................Oh forget it.

Like I said, citizens should vote yes or no so we can put this subject behind us and move on to important things.

edit on 4-1-2016 by minersdollar because: Changed my mind

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join