It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Case For Reincarnation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
We are a part of the world around us, we came from it and our bodies will eventually return to it in the end. Since we are a part of the world then I think we can learn much about ourselves from the mechanisms of the world around us.

What do we see in the world around us? Cycles of birth, death, and rebirth. For example, when winter comes does that mean the trees and foliage are dead forever? No, we know that in a few months they will bloom again when Spring comes.

Does the Earth not revolve around the sun and return to where it began in a years time? Does water stay in the ocean forever or does it also work in cycles like everything else? Does the death of a star not eventually lead to the birth of new stars? These are only a few examples of the endless cycles we see around us.

Since we see all of these cycles around us every day and since we are also a part of the world around us, wouldn't it be a logical conclusion that we also are part of an even bigger cycle of birth, death, and rebirth? When we die and are put into the ground, our bodies deteriorate and become nutrients for the soil around it helping in the growth of trees, fruits, vegetables, and all other manners of plants. Not only is this true for our physical existence, it is equally as true for our spiritual existence (consciousness).

Just like with the changing of the seasons, revolution of the Earth around the sun, water cycle, and death of stars, we also are within an even more profound cycle, that of reincarnation. This is not the first time we have lived a life just as it is not the first time a tree has bloomed after winter, a droplet of water has reached the ocean, the Earth has revolved around the sun, or the death of a star brought forth new stars which in turn harbor planets with life on them.

We are part of the world and the cycles we see within it are a mirror image of the cycles that happen within us. We are that tree, we are the Earth, we are that water droplet, and we are that star. Just as new stars contain the same material as the star that gave birth to them through its death, we also are made of the same material as the world around us and that material is in an endless cycle of birth, death, and rebirth. Energy cannot be created or destroyed and the energy that is our consciousness never dies, it only changes form. What you experience right now is only the current form that energy has taken.

When you find this truth, you no longer fear death because you know that death is only the beginning of a new cycle that never ends. There is no heaven or hell, only what is happening in this moment. YOU are what determines whether it is heaven or hell through your actions.

We are each a drop of water in and endless ocean, what we are made of is the same as the entire ocean. Just because we are taken up out of the ocean upon death does not mean we will not come back down and find our way once again to where we began.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Brilliant. S/F

I so would like if more people could realize the cyclical nature of the universe applies to us as well.

My daughter recently advised the fam that in the event of her passing, she'd like to be cremated and have her ashes put into a Bio-Urn....

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Since we see all of these cycles around us every day and since we are also a part of the world around us, wouldn't it be a logical conclusion that we also are part of an even bigger cycle of birth, death, and rebirth?

No. Though it's true that bugs eat our flesh and bones and what's left turns to dust or dissipates into the immediate surroundings, being digested and metabolized does not mean we are being reborn.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Our body never goes away, it only changes form. The same goes for our consciousness because it is what gives rise to the world around us and the cycles contained within it.

I know you don't believe in the unseen though, which is fine.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Our body never goes away, it only changes form. The same goes for our consciousness because it is what gives rise to the world around us and the cycles contained within it.

Where do you get these ideas from? Is there anything in the world that alludes to this? Because that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Putrefaction occurs almost immediately after death. The body doesn't change form; it rots, falls apart and turns to dust.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

This argument seems to rely on the idea that matter/energy is never created or destroyed, for matter/energy only changes forms. If we are merely our bodies, then this idea implies more that we can never really die only transform. So, if humans can not die, they can not be reborn because a requirement for rebirth would be being dead.

Perhaps look into some theories of collected consciousness to help explain how a mind might be reborn, as far as a physical proof I seriously doubt there is anything testable to prove that physical rebirth happens.

Anyway, interesting Idea, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Where do you get these ideas from?

From opening the mind.

Is there anything in the world that alludes to this?

The mind. Thought. Imagination. Curiosity. Puzzling. THINKING.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So a body turning from "human" to "dust" is not an example of it changing forms? Explain how that is the case because that sounds like a perfect example.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

From opening the mind.

There's a fine line between an open mind and believing anything that happens to enter it.

The mind. Thought. Imagination. Curiosity. Puzzling. THINKING.

People once imagined and thought the universe revolved around the Earth. People thought and imagined gods lived in the clouds. It's guesswork.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I agree with your points that assertations need evidence and that our bodies do not reincarnate. But how can humans not change "form" if they rot and turn to dust. To me, a pile of human dust is a different physical form than a fully corporeal human.

Just wondering what you meant by that statement cause I am in agreement with you, but that seemed silly.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So a body turning from "human" to "dust" is not an example of it changing forms? Explain how that is the case because that sounds like a perfect example.

Yes it turns to dust, but it is no longer a body. Water can change form to ice and still be water. A body cannot turn to dust and still be a body.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

Dust is not another form of a body.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

Physical rebirth happens every day. The place after death is the same place as before birth, a place of non-experience and non-experience always leads to experience as evidenced in babies being born every day.

That's part of the cycle: non-experience > birth > life > death > non-experience > birth > life > death > non-experience.... ad infinitum.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If you say so Les. I see your mind is closed to the possibility so I will leave it at that. Agree to disagree.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It's guesswork.

Correct!

DING!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

If you say so Les. I see your mind is closed to the possibility so I will leave it at that. Agree to disagree.

Except you have no reason besides dogma to disagree. That's where you and I differ on this subject.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm sorry to interrupt -
but - the ability of the human mind to make conjectures and consider myriad possibilities is not "dogma."

I agree with the OP's suggestion. Not because of 'dogma' I was fed, but because it makes sense to me, and has done since I was in latent childhood.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
At the end of the day, everything is guesswork. Just the physical universe is so vast, at least we are told it is so, we are only able to guess at what the universe is. Some people have a more convincing exposition on their own particular view of life, but alas its all still guesswork. Is there anybody, holding a solid rock of reality? a reply to: LesMisanthrope

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Ok, I see what you are saying now. For you, the idea of 'form' seems similar to the Platonic Ideal Forms. Dust is not human and Human is not dust.

I guess you can say that when humans die they turn into dust which is different from and not a form of human being. But, that would also let you say that Ice is not a form of water cause it is physically different.

I can see the logic there, but I still like to think the human body transforms to dust when it dies.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

All I will say is that just because you have not experienced something does not mean it doesn't happen. I could just as easily say that your belief that there is nothing after death is based on dogma, that doesn't make it true though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join