It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machete-wielding vandal leaves 3 pounds of bacon at Florida mosque

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

(post by LSU0408 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm in ur mosque eatin' ur baconz.

This is the 21st century. Surely the bacon taboo could die a quiet death without too much fuss.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: SLAYER69

ROFL!!!

Mannnn Im getting hungry! ! ! ! !

Ok, found this

Pig meat, in all its wonderful variations—pancetta, lardo, speck, coppa, and prosciutto to name just a few—is haram (forbidden) in Islam. The Quran (6:145) states: “[Prophet], say, ‘In all that has been revealed to me, I find nothing forbidden for people to eat, except for carrion, flowing blood, pig’s meat—it is loathsome—or a sinful offering over which any name other than God’s has been invoked.’”

www.psmag.com...

Good to know cannibalism is acceptable.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
He slashed at the mosque? What does that even mean? He left three pounds of bacon? Oh no!! Not evil bacon!!

What a non story. Yes. Some people don't like religion, especially that religion. There are always going to be people that express their distaste in unusual or artistic (remember the Piss Christ "art" display?) ways.

At least he didn't strap a bomb on some 9-year old kid and blow him up. Bacon? Sheesh!

(post by hammanderr removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

It's not Muslims that aren't wanted, it's terrorists and extremists that aren't.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

(post by boymonkey74 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yes, we get it. Haha. Really funny.

The next off topic post gets handed a post ban. Get on topic and stay there.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
If they haven't caught the person how do you know he wasn't Muslim? It's a safe assumption but you don't know for sure.

Don't like the machete part but bacon on the door step is funny, outside the realms of PC.

*snip*

I don't know.

And I stated in the OP how it *could* be a Muslim. Of course, that is the first excuse some people run to ("Oh, I bet it was one of their own trying to start something and blame it on others,").

Possible, but unlikely IMO.

The place was mildly vandalized, so what could be gained being self-perpetuated other than to gain attention and cry victim?

Seem more likely a non-Muslim did it, imo.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
He slashed at the mosque? What does that even mean? He left three pounds of bacon? Oh no!! Not evil bacon!!

What a non story. Yes. Some people don't like religion, especially that religion. There are always going to be people that express their distaste in unusual or artistic (remember the Piss Christ "art" display?) ways.

At least he didn't strap a bomb on some 9-year old kid and blow him up. Bacon? Sheesh!

It might be a non-story but it's a piece of the larger picture of hate and intolerance that is increasing in this country, and on ATS, which is evident by the number of posts that have been removed on the first two pages alone.

Therefore, it is important.
edit on 4-1-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: rossacus
If they haven't caught the person how do you know he wasn't Muslim? It's a safe assumption but you don't know for sure.

Don't like the machete part but bacon on the door step is funny, outside the realms of PC.

*snip*

I don't know.

And I stated in the OP how it *could* be a Muslim. Of course, that is the first excuse some people run to ("Oh, I bet it was one of their own trying to start something and blame it on others,").

Possible, but unlikely IMO.

The place was mildly vandalized, so what could be gained being self-perpetuated other than to gain attention and cry victim?

Seem more likely a non-Muslim did it, imo.

What would a Muslim gain from this when it is obvious that it will just be ignored anyway?

You do not see many people claiming this sort of thing when it is the other way round do you?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: queenofswords

It might be a non-story but it's a piece of the larger picture of hate intolerance that is increasing in this country, and on ATS, which is evident by the number of posts that have been removed on the first two pages alone.

Therefore, it is important.

NON STORY: One that does not fit the current political agenda and the general feelings of the masses.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Liquesence

This would be like getting upset at people that didn't want Japanese in America after they attacked us in Pearl Harbor.

And that was also wrong, the way Japanese were treated..AND PUT IN CAMPS.

Smh.

Getting upset is one thing. Acting—or passing legislation—on it is completely different.

Not a reasonable solution in either case.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join