It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I can respect this if they follow through.

It is my suggestion, Steven Hammond, that you go and check yourself into Harney County jail asking for protective custody. It is my suggestion, Dwight Hammond, that you go and check yourself into Harney County jail asking for protective custody. It is my suggestion, Harney County Sheriff David Ward, accept these two ranchers into your jail, notify the United States Solicitor in Washington DC that you have these two ranchers in Harney County jail, that they will remain there indefinitely under your protective custody and the protection of We the People of Harney County and We the People of the United States of America.

They were tried and convicted to charges that were served per the .gov report. The federal government sought further penalties.

If these two surrender themselves, I support full protests, armed or not. The law was already decided for them, no double jeopardy.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So the Feds aren't he'll bent on sending them to prison? Did they not charge them with terrorism?
edit on 2-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Sremmos80

So the Feds aren't he'll bent on sending them to prison? Did they not charge them with terrorism?

I provided the .gov report. Terrorism isn't mentioned.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: muse7
A hellfire from a reaper should resolve this quickly

No, that will cause many hundreds more deaths when people take to the streets in Guerrilla warfare style and begin taking pot shots at anyone in uniform. It will even likely cause a civil war.

You meant to say it will incite a terrrorist insurgency?

Although sometimes I heard some dronestrikes spread freedom and democracy too.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

They say they are, can't find that charge though.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: liveandlearn

They say it was their private property, BLM says it was leased...

Crazy how different the two sides of the story are.

Not going back to double check but per the blog some may have been leased as far as grazing rights from the county. Lightning fire started on gov property and they backlit their own to prevent further loss and some of it went onto gov. land. Still what they did stopped the fire already on gov land from destroying their remaining land and home.

The fact their backlit fire got onto already burning gov. land seems to be the excuse BLM is using against them.

Need to read everything and I could be corrected.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yeah I was hoping I wouldn't have to read it, so thanks!

Well if they claim they were charged with terrorism but the gov reports says otherwise then I'm losing sympathy fast.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Well again, their blog is hardly the end all be all on this matter...

Very biased source of information there. And the Gov source would be the same and shouldn't be seen as the end all be all either.

Confused on how you are going to say things as 'fact' but refuse to go back and read what you are quoting from...
edit on ndSat, 02 Jan 2016 22:32:35 -0600America/Chicago120153580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

And am the only one who is surprised fighting fire with fire worked?

I guess I'm not the fireman I pretended I was as a kid.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Well the issue I see is a lower court already provided them a sentence, now federal government is seeking additional time. They should have done that in the initial trial for them.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Was this federal or state land?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Haven't got that far, still digging.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Setting illegal backfires that threaten Forestry Service personnel will get you arrested with a state or federal charge. These ranchers were idiots.
edit on 1/2/2016 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

You have never seen/heard of that before?

Pretty sure it is a fairly common tactic for even the pros. I know when we had all those fires out here in SoCal they were doing that.

link   
I understand their need to protest if an injustice has occurred.

But why the need to protest Rambo-style ??

Or have they tried every other constructive way to fight the system and this is their last resort ?

The way I see it, by fighting Rambo-style, the only thing you're going to succeed with that is getting yourself (and friends, family) killed... or at the very least a world of hurt by way of getting buried under a heavy pile of lawsuits.

+5 more 
link   
There's a lot of people in this country sick of the government and of the corporate overlords.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
2012 court documents
Haven't read this myself, just digging.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

find all details before jumping to judgement.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

And am the only one who is surprised fighting fire with fire worked?

I guess I'm not the fireman I pretended I was as a kid.

It is my understanding that is the textbook way to fight a fire. Several years earlier they did a burn that seems to be prescribed to keep the land healthy. notified the county prior with no problem. This one was for a more dire reason.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I read both the Bundy blog and the government press release. The press release seems to be relatively fact-free and somewhat non-specific. I'd definitely like to see some of the government's actual paperwork. I certainly don't trust the bureaucrats who are willing and able to exercise the full power of the US government to protect their private fiefdom.

To me the blog is, perhaps, blowing some things out of proportion. And all of the "states rights" rhetoric doesn't add much to its validity. But it does have a lot more detail. And the substance of it "rings true" to me.

For my part, I'm not satisfied that there is enough information to draw a proper conclusion.

I hope the US government allows these folks to occupy the deserted HQ office without resorting to a Waco, Texas type stand-off.

And I hope the American people don't just take the government's side without understanding the whole situation. I'd say there is more here than meets the eye.

-dex

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join