It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The earring I can't lose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
During the summer of 2014 I was walking in my neighbourhood wearing my silver earrings. They have a little pin and a thingy. The one on the left wasn't attached right because the thingy was too wide. Don't know how "thingy" is called. So after I while I was adjusting my hair and o no the earring was gone. I felt sad because I like them a lot. I removed the right one and put it in my pants' left pocket.
At home I discovered not one but BOTH earrings in this pocket. I was happy! And like some little miracle had happened.

A while ago, amidst the turmoil of losing my mother and one of my cats, I was under the shower. The drainage thing was not in the drain because it doesn't let water through fast enough. Anyway, you might guess it, I found out that again I had lost my left earring (same as above) and that it was gone with the water. I looked on the floor to be sure, but no.

So a few days ago, under the shower, I reached for a bottle on the floor.....and I saw something which I recognized immediately. The missing earring! It was all darkened and a bit crusty but I was delighted. Now I have cleaned the bathroom and no way I wouldn't have seen it. It just appeared. Today I have cleansed it and will put it with the other one. For now I keep on wearing my other earrings

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

Pretty cool. You should test it, but then making demands of the spirit world could backfire, so never mind.

You might bend the little "thingy" so its the same shape as the other one, then it won't fall out. Looking close at the good one, use a fine pair of 'needle nose' pliers to bend the other one so its closed more.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well I never have asked "them" to return the earring. When I lost it under the shower I thought that now I had finally lost it (no pun intended). And that I felt bad, but that there are other worse things and so on.

As to me losing it, I need have a tighter thingy. Yes I know how it sounds hahha. But I just need one that fits better.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

From your description it sounds fixable. You could hold the two up to the light side by side to see how to bend the "thingy". Sterling Silver is malleable, it will bend without breaking.

Or ask the spirits to do it.
As is two times isn't paranormal yet. Three times the charm.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I had to click on this topic because I have an earring like that.
Many, many years ago my Beloved bought me a pair of gold hoops---they were perfect. Until one night we were out and about with friends. When we got home I noticed that one was gone. I was sad but reconciled. Fast forward a few months and the friends we had been out with came by with my earring. He said he found it in their driveway. It was a bit damaged on the back side but completely wearable. I was delighted and began wearing them again.
A few months ago I had been out and about town running errands only to return home and discover that the earring was missing again. No real hope of tracing my steps and finding it again. I looked through the car and the packages I'd acquired in hope that it had landed there. Nothing.
A month later when I returned to my chiropractor's office he stepped into the room and said, "Hold on just a minute." and left. He came back with my earring saying that he thought he recognized it when a patient brought it in to him. "It's been damaged a bit I'm afraid." Luckily, it hadn't suffered any further damage and is still wearable but I did take it to the jeweler to have the little hook that holds the wire adjusted.
Some things are meant to be?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Aha so indeed there are more of "us"
I wonder if other people have similar stories.
Anyways, it's only with this earring (or one of them as I can't be sure it was the same one both times) that this has happened to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Recently, I went to a friends and put a jump drive in his PC to put a file on it. Then put it in my right front pants pocket along with another jump drive.
Later, I reached in pocket but there was only the other jump drive. I emptied all my pockets, just in case, and showered, changed, but it was gone. The next day I went over to friends and looked in PC thinking maybe I left it plugged in.
Nope. Not there.
The next day, after showering and changing clothes, I went over to friends.
I was telling him about it and pulling my right front pocket items up as the story was telling how I searched pocket, emptied all pockets, changed pants twice since, and as I pulled my pocket items out, there was the missing jump drive. Right out of pocket I originally put it in.

Other similar things went missing and reappeared at friends in that same room.
I empathize with your oddity.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have several single earrings I have owned since high school. No pairs left from that time, but at least I have one of some pairs. No matter how disorganized I get or how many times I have moved. Or how many times I thought some were gone forever.

My favorite not expensive. Probably bought somewhere like 'Claire's' in the mall. I always feel nice when I see it in the jewelry box or wear it. It is bright blue and long with a small black horizontal stripe near the bottom and shaped like a ...maybe a scimitar.
I part my hair on the side, so I still sometimes wear just earrings on one side, I have more than 1 hole in each earlobe.

I don't know of anyone that has earrings, at least inexpensive ones, that old. And it was not due to me caring for them well.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

So his room is important? Hmmmm interesting. In my case it seems to be that I really really like these earrings. Strangely enough I can't really rememeber where I got them and I can almost remember anything. Hmmmm

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OP, you actually had me just with the title. Interesting to see so many people with their stories

I will keep this as short as possible. Not earrings for me but glasses.

Early 2002 I began having problems with my eyes, probably developed a cat allergy

April got my eyes checked and new prescription. When the glasses came back I couldn't see out of them.

Had my eyes rechecked by same doc and he checked my name and address, couldn't believe it was so off.
New glasses again that I couldn't see out of so they tried a different type lens which worked.

Lost those glasses about a week later and went back to old ones.

I was in Home Depot in line during June just a week or so later and while in line I saw a pregnant woman which triggered the memory of a dream the night prior. I was pregnant for the last time and knew it would be premature and/or die. I knew exactly what it meant.
Went to the next stop and and couldn't find my glasses. Looked through everything, packages, car seat and under front seat. Retraced my steps and weren't turned in at Home Depot.

Cutting it shorter, the next day I told my husband I was leaving. I had tried before and failed but this time for the 11 days it took to find a place and leave I had an astounding peace come over me.

On the day I moved when getting the last box from the last load out of the car, there lay my glasses.

One year later to the day, I lost that pair of glasses for good. Both days were the first Friday in July.

Many years later for some reason I check prior receipts for glasses and I had either had my eyes checked or got new glasses the first Friday of July (except for one year I got no glasses). This was during a time I had no insurance.

More paranormal stuff that goes with this period of my life.

Personally, I think we are being told something by spirit (or whoever is helping us) and we are expected to find the connection so that everyday anomalies or just happenings in life make sense spiritually as well as in the world. Course this is just me based on my own experiences.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I just see, no pun intended, the connection between the glasses and leaving your marriage
As if your glasses stand for having selfworth or something like that.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I think it may have meant 'seeing' what needed to be done and I didn't get them back until it was completed. I left out a lot and tried to just talk about the glasses. But yes, self worth could have been in there.

There was a long term problem with my left foot. Wasn't ever suppose to be able to wear flat shoes or anything without major support. It went away 3 weeks after I left. It came back briefly a couple years later when staying with my daughter after a trip overseas. It happened the 3rd week i hadn't looked for an apt. I knew exactly what it meant. Found an apt. and the pain was gone. I needed to be standing on my own two feet.

Seeing similar in others is really interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Now my question is what the message might be for me.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You wont believe it but I had a hammer that followed me for darn near 25 years.
Don't even rember were i got this hammer but it was one of the cheep ones with a fiberglass handle
That was missing a chunk from the handle from hitting the handle instead of the hammer head .
anyway what really makes this remarkable is I was homeless when the hammer first showed up .
So never stayed in one place long . Even more remarkable is the fact over the years i was homeless I had my stuff stolen on more then one occasion. and still it always showed back up.
And it just gets weirder There were times when this hammer disapired for a year or LONGER at a time .
Only to reappire . well now its been many years once again from the last time i seen this hammer
so maybe its finly lost . But wouldn't be surprised if it shows up aging.
spirits someones says? But just a Hammer not even a good hammer a 9.95 hammer worth about 4.99 when i got it and even then it wasn't new . So why a cheep hammer. Heck i sure didn't feel this hammer was anything special beyond the fact it just wouldn't stay lost.
You know had a dog who pulled a lassie once (came home from 30 miles away without a map just showed up at the door . Did this 3 times from different homes i gave the dog to (was trying to get ride of it) finly figured the 3rd time the farthest home i gave the dog to and still came back the dog earned his loyalty . that was weird enough but alest the dog could get around on four legs a hammer hows it find its way home?
hammer come home lol humm doesn't scan as well as sport come home.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Midnightstar1365

First, sorry you have been homeless. And I hope the dog is doing well, or at least back then in his final new home.

What could be the message for you?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I don't know. Sometimes have to happen repeatedly, at least for me, to get what you are supposed to understand.

That kinda happened with my wedding ring

Then sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Maybe it meant they were to "keep hammering away" considering the homeless situation. Maybe not needed anymore.

Here I am guessing for the poster without being asked. Truly just a guess.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So the gnomes got it

edit on 23-3-2016 by nocleant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ears are like conduits to the spirit world. So. Keep an eye on them. Maybe put a tracking sensor on the earrings to see where they go.
edit on 23-3-2016 by nocleant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join