It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian misinterpretation of " I am the way" causes division

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Yes you are correct! I agree totally with what you say. No confusion!
Maybe I could have phrased it a little better.
But understand that it is also the aim of Muslims, Hindu's, and Jews to do this. Love of God is not exclusive to Christians.
The problem is that you have unqualified teachers in all religions preaching division and not unity. Blind teachers.
The eternal function of the soul is not to be a Christian, Hindu, Muslim, or Jew, or any other external label, but to serve each other and God.
The ultimate platform we can reach is pure love of God which encompasses love of everyone and everything (good and bad).
Jesus came to re establish the core teachings just over 2000 years ago. But over 5000 years ago so did Krishna!

Below is a quote from The Bhagavad Gita.

"Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion—at that time I descend Myself.

The text above spoken by Krishna is over 5000 years old.

Every time there is a decline in religious principles they are re-established. This is on going. Jesus was one in a line of many. But He wasn't the only one to have done this. The people in that era had lost there way. Just as they have today!

a reply to: Deetermined

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The source of my beliefs lay at the foundation of all religion. It is to study all of them. To question and not follow blindly. I am what is called a heretic. But Jesus was also called this.
I do not just read one book from one period and come to a conclusion. No sane person would do this. It is logical to gather all the facts.

Below is text from The Srimad Bhagavatam - (Ancient Indian scripture) Scripture from another period in time, again over 5000 years old.
Including the original Sanskrit - then the word for word translation, followed by the grammatically correct version.
It prophesises the coming of Buddha 3000 years before His arrival.
You do not give enough credit to the powers that deceive ones mind. For the deception is far greater than you can imagine.

SB 1.3.24

tataḥ kalau sampravṛtte
 sammohāya sura-dviṣām
buddho nāmnāñjana-sutaḥ
 kīkaṭeṣu bhaviṣyati

Word for word:

tataḥ — thereafter; kalau — the Age of Kali; sampravṛtte — having ensued; sammohāya — for the purpose of deluding; sura — the theists; dviṣām — those who are envious; buddhaḥ — Lord Buddha; nāmnā — of the name; añjana-sutaḥ — whose mother was Añjanā; kīkaṭeṣu — in the province of Gayā (Bihar); bhaviṣyati — will take place.

Translation:

Then, in the beginning of Kali-yuga, the Lord will appear as Lord Buddha, the son of Añjanā, in the province of Gayā, just for the purpose of deluding those who are envious of the faithful theist.

To me it is utter madness not to want to study these ancient scriptures.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
To speculate on what Jesus was or was not is pointless. Interpretations will always vary.
The importance lay on the teachings. Those teachings are the foundation of all the worlds religions. (There is in truth only one religion and One God) The pure teaching lay underneath the variety of different beliefs that have sprouted from each.
They begin pure.. and end up as they are now. This is the period where the grey horse is coming.

edit on 5-1-2016 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: spelling.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Thankyou.
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Well thankyou. My first time belonging to a forum. You are all so welcoming!
a reply to: Joecroft

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
" There were 6 villages'. 6 of the villages had a large water well, that the village people drank from. The people from each village would all claim that they had the sweetest water, in all the land. Little did they know, that it was the same under ground stream that fed water into all the wells. The villagers used to argue, bicker, fight and even murder each other, defending the belief they have about the sweetness of there water."

The villages represent the world religions today.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheInfiniteFantastic

It is very clear that, “Gods Word” is present in both the Eastern and Western religions. In all six lamp stands. Even if levels of misunderstanding, differing customs and ignorance are evident in all of them. None are perfect.

A stumbling block is set forth for humanity to overcome. But moreover it is a bigger stumbling block that the Christian religion must overcome, because of the present mainstream beliefs of the Christian community. They have willingly divided themselves from Gods other lampstands. This attitude, and misleading teaching, is the cause of a great divide between people of different faiths. Many wars. Many deaths. Between the people in Gods different lamp stands.

Greetings...

You stated above, words to the effect of...that Gods word is present in all the other "six lampstands"...but that Christianity is divided from them because of it's beliefs...etc...

Just curious...what religions are these other six lampstands...?

- JC

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Shinto, Confucianism, Buddhism, Hindu, Islam, Judaism?
edit on 11-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The Truth lay at the foundation of the worlds main religions. The differences, are the variety of beliefs which grow upon the foundation of Gods teachings to mankind.

It is true there are many differences between the main religions, which do not always align. But not all these differences are based in Truth. These beliefs sometimes contradict the core teachings given to us by God. Some have grown like a tumour on the foundation, choking Gods pure teaching. So one must realise that all today's worlds religions have become polluted. None are perfect. Even within the same houses, there is much disagreement on interpretation of Gods teachings.

Let me tell you something.

"There are 6 great Lamp Stands, all shining the light of God. A 7th is yet to come. The 7th Lamp Stand is the greatest of them all.

As the 3 Lamp Stands in the East have grown, one upon the other, so to have the Lamp Stands in the West grown one upon the other.

There is a great void between the 3 Lamp Stands in the East and the 3 Lamp Stands in the West. A chasm.

They can be likened to a Great Kings children, who were separated at birth. One growing up in the East and the other child growing up in the West.

A time will come when all 6 Lamp Stands will be melted down into One Great Lamp Stand. The Greatest Lamp Stand will not arrive until The Kings children are re-united.

Understanding this is the removal of ignorance. Awakening.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
In reply to Deetermined.

Who stated "There's more to religion than a code of conduct"

You may nee to read the post again. The later part of the above statement, which you conveniently left out says, that the ultimate aim of following the covenant (set of teachings for us) is LOVE of GOD, which also means to LOVE everyone and everything inside and outside of creation.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Jesus is the way, but what is the way? The way is narrow but few find it (simple but not always easy for some people):

Matthew 7:12-14 King James Version (KJV)

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
. In the West the Original Teaching to Man (The First covenant - this is the pure set of teachings given to mankind directly by God) - which later became Judaism - At a point in history the fallen angels arrive (more advanced beings from other worlds) - Its is then that original pure teaching (The First Covenant) is violated and mankind is set on a path of impurity.
Having forfeited the Heavenly protection that we once had.
Later when the original deliverer of the message has gone we get a slow growths of speculation and interpretation around the original teaching.

1. Judaism -

2. Christianity. Overtime the original teaching, while still there, is mixed among the speculative beliefs that have grown all around it.
So God Himself or a messenger comes to set things straight. (Jesus Christ) comes to set what had become crooked straight. As the Jewish people understanding had become perverted from the Truth.

3. Islam - Around 600 years pass another very blessed man was given a message to deliver The Prophet Mohammed (also to set things straight) This was the beginning of Islam. Note to deny Mohammed as a messenger of God is ignorance. But again over time the understanding is lost amongst the speculative beliefs surrounding it.

These are the 3 in the West.

The 3 in the East are as follows -
There was an original set of teachings given in the time of the Vedic civilisation. (The First Pure teaching)
Then just as is written in the old testament stories of the West. The fallen angels also arrive in India (written in The Srimad Bhagavatam) and the pure Vedic teaching becomes corrupted. Just as the people of the West started to worship these beings in pre Jesus era , so did the ignorant people of the Eastern world.

1. So Hinduism is the second - The pantheon of demi gods in modern Hinduism - are in fact the fallen angels and the hybridisations / creations & offspring created in that. In-fact it would be safe to assume that in Jesus time the array of gods people worshipped would have been similar to what we have in India. (However 500 years ago Sri Caitanya came to correct this falling away)

2. Buddhism - This was a special teaching specifically given in a time where a lot of animal and even human sacrifice was done. (No killing or harming any creature is part of the first covenant) This tenement is in Buddhism and originally Hinduism. It is also written in Genesis. But in Truth this fundamental tenement is also written on our hearts. Our minds deceive us but our hearts do not lie.

3. 500 years ago Lord Sri Caitanya arrived to set straight the errors and perversions suffered in Hinduism. From the Caitanya movement came the organisation Iskon. "The Hare Krishna movement"

I will give you a clue - 7 lampstands - The First and the Last are one and the same and The Greatest of Lampstands - This will exist in the beginning and the end. (This is Gods Pure teaching to us)
This set of pure teachings is the WHITE HORSE - do you hear me. I don't want to reveal everything but I think you will hear me. This is a clue for you in understanding The other Great Horses of the Apocalypse.

There are many offshoots from these teachings - But these are the 6 six lampstands with the 7th yet to come. Eventually there will be ONE.
That is enough for now. Maybe too much.

edit on 22-5-2016 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: grammar

edit on 22-5-2016 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: grammar

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The first covenant is the best way. The second covenant (which allows meat eating) is not the way to a pure heart.
A lamb is a peaceful creature. A wolf comes to devour. Be like a lamb.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I dream many dreams - I am a dreamer - visionary

In a dream I carried a very large thickly bound ancient Bible - When I opened the beautiful book I was mortified to find large square holes cut out of the inner pages.

So in a dream, I am shown that the Bible has been largely edited and has huge portions missing from it.

Below is an exert from the book of Enoch.

In the exert - the mountains each represent the world religions today.

The different types of metal mountains he saw in his vision, each represent Gods different lampstands. The different faiths. They can be likened to a variety of different shades of metal.

The mountains are the world religions of today. They are the religions of the East and West.

In the East 1.Hindu. 2.Buddhism. 3.Chaitanya movement (Hare Krishna)
In the West 1. Judaism 2.Christianity. 3. Islam.

The 7th is the greatest which was here in the beginning - which will come again.
Here are some verses from the book of Enoch. (Enoch was Noah's Grandfather)
When you read this - your eyes will be open and see the Truth in my words Your eyes will be open. So it is.

Her is the exert - Book of Enoch - [Chapter 52]

l And after those days in that place where I had seen all the visions of that which is hidden -for 2 I had been carried off in a whirlwind and they had borne me towards the west-There mine eyes saw all the secret things of heaven that shall be, a mountain of iron, and a mountain of copper, and a mountain of silver, and a mountain of gold, and a mountain of soft metal, and a mountain of lead. 3 And I asked the angel who went with me, saying, 'What things are these which I have seen in 4 secret?' And he said unto me: 'All these things which thou hast seen shall serve the dominion of His Anointed that he may be potent and mighty on the earth.' 5 And that angel of peace answered, saying unto me: 'Wait a little, and there shall be revealed unto thee all the secret things which surround the Lord of Spirits.
6 And these mountains which thine eyes have seen,
The mountain of iron, and the mountain of copper, and the mountain of silver,
And the mountain of gold, and the mountain of soft metal, and the mountain of lead,
All these shall be in the presence of the Elect One
As wax: before the fire,
And like the water which streams down from above [upon those mountains],
And they shall become powerless before his feet.
7 And it shall come to pass in those days that none shall be saved,
Either by gold or by silver,
And none be able to escape.
8 And there shall be no iron for war,
Nor shall one clothe oneself with a breastplate.
Bronze shall be of no service,
And tin [shall be of no service and] shall not be esteemed,
And lead shall not be desired.
9 And all these things shall be [denied and] destroyed from the surface of the earth,
When the Elect One shall appear before the face of the Lord of Spirits.'

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInfiniteFantastic

Jesus is supposed to cause division, He said He would. He is "the way", meaning the way to reconciliation to the Father.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Jesus is supposed to cause division, He said He would. He is "the way", meaning the way to reconciliation to the Father.

The "Father"? What happened to the Mother?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

The "Father"? What happened to the Mother?

Not sure what you're asking, can you quote where Jesus talked about a mother?

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me."

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
originally posted by: vethumanbeing

NOTurTypical: Jesus is supposed to cause division, He said He would. He is "the way", meaning the way to reconciliation to the Father.

vhb: The "Father"? What happened to the Mother?

NOTurTypical: Not sure what you're asking, can you quote where Jesus talked about a mother? "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me."

Who is the Father; how does he know this? What divine right gives him the authority, proclaiming in audacious language no one could possibly understand (his constituency) 2000 years ago? Man/Father....Woman/Mother....What or where is the misunderstanding; one half of the human race is excluded here.
edit on 27-6-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

So what if it's excluded? Jesus came in flesh to reveal the Father, that's it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing

So what if it's excluded? Jesus came in flesh to reveal the Father, that's it.

No; that human never existed as a fleshy being (as an idea). This was just an idea overlay to change the Roman power paradigm. This is why there is no physical evidence of a family bloodline existing today (despite Brigham Young or the Univ. of AZ's efforts to find one).
edit on 28-6-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join