It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian misinterpretation of " I am the way" causes division

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I AM THE WAY

Religion can be viewed as a code of conduct or set of moral teachings set forth by God for mankind, to follow. The code of conduct ultimately aims at love of The Supreme, each other and love of all life.

The Word of God. This is a set of teachings present in all the world’s major religions. It is a principle that is based on pure unconditional love. Although what is taught in all religions is an impure version of the original teaching. The teaching can not be divisive.

In the Christian bible this set of teachings was bound in an agreement, called a covenant. A covenant which is an agreement between mankind and God.

Jesus came to remind & re establish the principles of the covenant. To remind people of the principles of religion which are based on Love. To remind people about what is at the core. To not let the customs, traditions and especially the ingrained beliefs, become stumbling blocks, impeding the progress of ones own spiritual progression. To shake a bit of common sense into people. The same of which is needed with todays people.

One only has to recall Jesus teaching on the Sabbath when he broke the Jewish law and saved the sheep doing work on the Sabbath.

This is an example of people at that time concerning themselves too much about customs. The Law is there as a guideline. But the law does not override that which is written on our hearts.

It is in fact, the very beliefs which are ingrained, all across humanity, which are the cause of the great divisions present in our world. Its is these belief based divisions, which are the cause of so many conflicts between humanity. You will find that these beliefs quite often lead good people away from what is at the very core of what He taught. Leading them to ill thought and ill action. It was happening when He appeared in this world. And it is happening right now in our present world. Among people of all religions.

John 14:16
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

The above statement has been misinterpreted and the cause of division amongst Christians and other faiths for many, many, years.

John 1:4
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John1:17
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Jesus was a vessel for the Holy Spirit and of God. A living human embodiment of Gods word. “The Living Word of God” and a vessel for the miraculous energy and healing divine spirit which is “The Holy Ghost”

From the above chapters taken from John, it is clear by following the law, given to us by Moses and also following the stricter tenants of the living word, or Gods word..

We will be lead on a path to Heaven & eternal life.

Christians (not all) have a tendency to separate themselves (divide) from other faiths. Falsely believing that “The word is not embodied anywhere else apart from there own faith”
This is not there fault, but the fault of the body itself. It is the Christian Church body (The Shepherds) which have failed to see. Failed to recognised there own error. It is the fear of going against the grain. Of being singled out as a heretic. It is the failure to see Gods Word elsewhere. According to the modern Church I am to be considered a heretic. But then again, so was Jesus in His time.

This misinterpretation is a stumbling block. That not only the Christian Church body has to overcome. But people of all the differing world faiths have to overcome. An awakening must take place across the board within all the worlds religions and there followers. It seems though that the Christians are the slowest to awaken. As other religions have already began to realise this.

It is very clear that, “Gods Word” is present in both the Eastern and Western religions. In all six lamp stands. Even if levels of misunderstanding, differing customs and ignorance are evident in all of them. None are perfect.

A stumbling block is set forth for humanity to overcome. But moreover it is a bigger stumbling block that the Christian religion must overcome, because of the present mainstream beliefs of the Christian community. They have willingly divided themselves from Gods other lampstands. This attitude, and misleading teaching, is the cause of a great divide between people of different faiths. Many wars. Many deaths. Between the people in Gods different lamp stands.

It is common sense to question a belief when a belief is the cause of evil deeds??? Is it not??

Many differing things attach themselves to what is at the core of the worlds religions today. Whether it’s the traditions the customs, differences of opinion, many differing beliefs. A lot of these are external.

So if we think of the Law and the Living Word. Which Christians have adamantly claimed for themselves. Believing these things not to be present in other religions. We will find that they themselves have been misdirected, misunderstanding and willingly put on there own blindfolds. There is a guard up refusal to SEE, that “The Law & Gods Word", also exist outside of there own faith. Gods teaching is not bound to a particular people or group.

This false teaching took root hundred of years ago. It has grown and now it blinds and divides Christians from excepting other faiths. From excepting that there are other God loving people, who adhere to Gods word, just under a different guise in a different tradition.

The directions are simple. Follow Me. "Jesus embodied Truth and Grace" . So by following the way of Truth and Grace, which is found in all major religions, one can find salvation. It is not just to follow the human (the man). It is to follow what He embodied. What He embodied is transcendental. It is not limited to anyone. Any group. It is to follow the example He led.

It is quite clear, if anyone takes the time to investigate for themselves, instead of blindly rejecting without any enquiry, that the Grace and Truth that John spoke of (John1:17) is absolutely and undoubtedly present, in all the worlds, major religions. Not just Christianity!
Unfortunately most Christians are unable to make any enquiries outside of there own religion. It is as if a wall automatically goes up at the thought of such a thing.
I am deeply saddened, because of this belief. It is so ingrained in the modern thought stream of the Christian community. This is a divisive belief. Nothing good comes from it!
If your beliefs stir your inner passions and your passion turns to anger, leading you to ill thought and action. Then it is serious time to question your very beliefs.

The biggest failure of the modern Christian belief system, is there incapacity to see “Gods teachings & Gods Word” (which Jesus embodied) outside of there own Church body.

edit on 2-1-2016 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: Spelling error in heading

edit on 2-1-2016 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: spelling

edit on 2-1-2016 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: grammar

edit on 2-1-2016 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: grammar

edit on 1/2/2016 by maria_stardust because: Removed all caps title

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInfiniteFantastic

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

The above statement has been misinterpreted and the cause of division amongst Christians and other faiths for many, many, years.

That just means try to follow his example the best we can. How to behave, especially towards others is the most important thing.

Everything else has been added on to make it more complex than it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yes that's right. It's so simple really. Just common sense. Just follow His example. He shows us how to treat one and other. And don't get caught up in the world of differing beliefs which may or may not be Truth. These can turn into stumbling blocks.
a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
By the way, If I didn't say it already, welcome to ATS!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why are you yelling at us?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
To wake you up!

a reply to: watchitburn

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
originally posted by: intrptr

intptr;John 14:16

Jesus as an ascended master would never have spoken these words; basically "I am the ONLY gateway in belief to come back to original Source". Others would argue there are many traditions throughout history saying the same thing.

That just means try to follow his example the best we can. How to behave, especially towards others is the most important thing

This is behavioral; do not kill your fellow man for ego gain (slaves or real estate).

Everything else has been added on to make it more complex than it is.

Why not; confuse the natives.

edit on 2-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If God were the author of all religions, they would not contradict each other the way they do.

All one needs to do is look at the fruit that religion bares to know that God has nothing to do with it.

You do not mention a source for these beliefs, why?

If two beliefs directly contradict each other, both of them cannot be true, no matter how "tolerant" we become. This means it is false to say that every religion is true, or that every religion leads to God. When people make such claims they show that they have not taken the time to study the world's religions, because a brief reading of the sacred texts of only a handful of religions quickly reveals contradictions on the most fundamental levels.

They could all be false, but they can't all be true. Are any of them true? This is the most important question anyone can ask. Recognize religious contradictions. Embrace them. Test them. Seek the truth.

Contradict: They Can't All Be True

Would the Abrahamic religions contradict each other if they all shared the same source?
For example, their theological understanding of Jesus of Nazareth.

Judaism contradicts Christianity [1], Christianity contradicts Islam [2], and Islam contradicts Judaism [3].

[1] Judaism: (1) Jesus of Nazareth is not the Jewish Messiah. (2) Jesus of Nazareth is not God.

[2] Christianity: (1) Jesus of Nazareth is the Jewish Messiah. (2) Jesus of Nazareth is God.

[3] Islam: (1) Jesus of Nazareth is the Jewish Messiah. (2) Jesus of Nazareth is not God.

In truth, it seems to me, both Christianity and Islam presuppose the theological truth of Judaism, and then they contradict it, and then attempt to rationalize it, or justify it. Why is there so much difficulty between the Abrahamic religions?

www.quora.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheInfiniteFantastic
I AM THE WAY

As I read your question, a thought drifted by; what a difference a small bit of punctuation can make!

The 'I Am', (is) the Way, the Truth and the Life!
Puts a whole different spin on what was obviously already spun! *__-

"As I Am, so can you be!" - Jesus

edit on 3-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Two Pillars Divide Moreso Than Interpretation.
Pillar One:
a) The All Seeing Eye Of God ("Beauty")...
b) The Mighty Hand Of God ("Strength")...
c) The Spirit Of God ("Wisdom")...

^ a) Is G.O.D. (General Ordinance Development)...
b) Is A.D.A.M. (Actual Design And Mandate)...
c) Is M.O.R.Æ.L.S. (Man's Only Rite And Light Source)...
note: Beauty, Strength, And Wisdom. An Aspiration!

Pillar Two:
a) Faith...
b) Hope...
c) Charity...

^The Thing Only Weights And Measures Can Justify And Account For.
Weight: How Much Pressure Can You Handle... ???
Measure: How Far Are You Willing To Go... ???

The Latter Three Have Not The Pleasntry Of The Former Three....

One Is The Lesser Light.
Help Me To Decide Which One Is Correct...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If you love me then you will follow my commandments and the commandments of my father

And if you have come to me it is because the father has sent you
And he will raise you up in the last days

I have met many different Christians
And have seen them do errors
Against other Christian faiths

Being catholic I copped a lot
But I forgive them

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The directions are simple. Follow Me. "Jesus embodied Truth and Grace" . So by following the way of Truth and Grace, which is found in all major religions, one can find salvation. It is not just to follow the human (the man). It is to follow what He embodied. What He embodied is transcendental. It is not limited to anyone. Any group. It is to follow the example He led.

It is quite clear, if anyone takes the time to investigate for themselves, instead of blindly rejecting without any enquiry, that the Grace and Truth that John spoke of (John1:17) is absolutely and undoubtedly present, in all the worlds, major religions. Not just Christianity!

And NOT JUST RELIGIOUS people, either!

This was a commendable OP, and welcome to ATS. (side-note: 'there' is a location....'their' is a thing that belongs to people)

Yes ------

Jesus didn't say anything different from what the other 'masters' (enlightened ones) said.

Even "nones" (those to whom religion is unimportant), agnostics and atheists are quite capable of behaving according to the tenets of any of those teachers. Exclusivity is one of the most irritating things about the Christian and Muslim crowds.

We are all equally part of whatever this existence is all about - it simply "is." And we are part of it. Period.

(I am agnostic with "Deist" sauce......*puzzles* or, until recently I was.....my views keep changing. Spiritual Atheist? Yeah. Spiritual Atheist.)

nice to make your acquaintance.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
originally posted by: Murgatroid

Murgtatroid: If God were the author of all religions, they would not contradict each other the way they do.

The 'perfect' Absolute is the Author of all things; what do you suppose It is up to with the obvious contradictions?

Murgatroid: The one needs to do is look at the fruit that religion bares to know that God has nothing to do with it.

It has everything to do with this pushing of boundaries regarding the humans potential; therefor feeding its own (vampire/succubus tendencies). I am wondering when the Absolute tires of Its own game; kills this one and reboots another game (just the Lemurs next time around). Why the recent overlays of thought form upon the human of "Zombie Empires, Vampire/Lycan" film dogmatics? "Walking Dead" series just one example.

edit on 3-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Stared and Flagged…

Originally posted by TheInfiniteFantastic
One only has to recall Jesus teaching on the Sabbath when he broke the Jewish law and saved the sheep doing work on the Sabbath.

This is an example of people at that time concerning themselves too much about customs. The Law is there as a guideline. But the law does not override that which is written on our hearts.

This is so true. Jesus also said, “they honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me”…because the Pharisees were rapped up in following men's traditions, thinking that they were commandments from God.

Jesus knew the true Spirit of the Law, where as men just knew the written letter…The Sabbath was really just about setting a day aside for God, where people would stop focusing on life's issues, and hopefully connect/reflect/meditate on God within…IMO

Originally posted by TheInfiniteFantastic

Yes, much misunderstanding has resulted from that verse…

Jesus just meant that what he taught was the right way to live, and that the truth that he spoke, is what leads to life…

And the no comes to the Father part, is about people coming to Father through His teachings…He was just the one leading the way at that time…

It’s a bit like when Jesus said “believe in me”… he didn’t mean me the person (only), but (only) in the truth he (Jesus) was speaking…

Although having said all that, I personally believe that Jesus came from an Essene Gnostic tradition, and that their/his texts were subverted and heavily misunderstood by the early RCC Church. They created Christianity out of misunderstanding many of Jesus coded and metaphorical teachings.

They (RCC Church) created an incorrect literal theology out of Jesus coded and metaphorical teachings and they also interwove men's incorrect traditions about God from the OT, into their overall (Christian) belief's…IMO

Nice first thread post…

Welcome to ATS…

- JC

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I believe you are the one who is misinterpreting the Christian religion and religion in general. There's more to religion than a code of conduct. It's about developing a personal relationship with God. Remember, Jesus said that the first and most important commandment was to love God with all of your heart, soul and mind. Loving others came second. How can you love God first and foremost if you're unsure of who He is? Jesus said he was the way, the truth and the life because He is the one who came to sacrifice his own life so that the rest of us could spend eternity with Him. Until we understand the significance behind what God/Jesus did for us first, and recognize him as our own personal Savior, the rest isn't going to matter much. That's why it's a religion.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
what do you suppose It is up to with the obvious contradictions?

The word contradict means to go against or say the opposite of what someone else is doing or saying.

I believe this exposes the stealth agenda behind Religion, to discredit the truth.

There is a hidden agenda behind everything they are involved in and they are involved with everything.

Everything they do in fact revolves around their religious agenda...

The Illuminati have a definite ideological agenda and once you see it, the big picture begins to fall into place.

A couple of quotes that bring things into perspective:

originally posted by: DumbTopSecretWriters
The Illuminati have an agenda to make people intolerant to religion, and it is constantly being mocked in the media. People are being conditioned using clever psychological techniques into believing that religion is nothing more than fables of the ancients. Destroying the belief in God is their top priority. They want to make religion irrelevant by discouraging people to study it because the deeper someone looks into religions, the more they see the truth behind them which ultimately reveals more about the Illuminati’s purpose and goals. Do not fall prey to such conditioning. If you already have, then you need your bhoota slapped with a chappal to sort you out.

But this is exactly the agenda: To destroy Christianity, just as they have destroyed empires, nations, heterosexual identities and nuclear families. The agenda is to strip people of power and identity leaving us defenceless in the face of one-world tyranny.

www.propagandamatrix.com...

Since they want God's job, the Illuminati's primary goal has always been to destroy Christianity.

www.henrymakow.com...

The Illuminati set out to systematically destroy Christianity and belief in God. ~ James Perloff

...to discredit the Bible and Christianity, the Illuminati set out to systematically destroy Christianity and belief in God. Do we need any more proof that we are ruled by a satanic cult?

henrymakow.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: piney
If you love me then you will follow my commandments and the commandments of my father

And if you have come to me it is because the father has sent you
And he will raise you up in the last days
I have met many different Christians
And have seen them do errors
Against other Christian faiths
Being catholic I copped a lot
But I forgive them

You realize both the Absolute and the Human it created live by the same 7 Laws. The Creator and the Created have to abide by these Cosmic tenants? It has no thing to do with human created dogma which is false. Its about time we give the Cosmos some credit for creating us without calling it God; which it is not, but an unconsciousness mind that imagined itself into consciousness; and through will and motion created all of this we know as physical.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
The Illuminati cannot destroy written works already in print; idea forms of the Arcane, the Gnostic; too late as too many of us are 'illuminated' (enlightened). They think they can change paradigms and had their chance but missed the obvious; as are after large organized institutions not the individual IAM's (hidden). Walt Disney outsmarted them

edit on 4-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
What is presented today in modern religion is a fusion of beliefs traditions customs and dogma. The original teaching still exists in all of them, but is covered by a veil of ignorance. Over time many things attach themselves to the core teaching of all world religions. These growths are likened to a tumour which slowly grow and confuse the teaching. People concern themselves to much about the variety of external differences (the tumours present in all religions) and fail to see what is at the foundation and core of them all. This is a stumbling block. Wisdom is lifting the veil of material differences and seeing what lay at the core of them all. There is only one teaching which is universal. But many religions with varying degrees of ignorance and understanding.

The eternal function of the soul is not to be a Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Jew, or any other label, but simply to serve each other and God.
a reply to: Murgatroid

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join