It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 days to Al Gore’s ’10 years to save the planet’ and ‘point of no return’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Weather is not predictable.

In the short term it is. Pretty well.

In the long term, not so much. Which is why it is so ridiculous for people to point at a snowy day as disproving global warming and the resultant climate change.

Climate science does not predict weather.
edit on 1/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
yeah generally up to 14 days that is by observations of the near weather patterns as it travels, once and a while it gets a change and throws the meteorologist for a loop.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

And you really think there are no maybes in global warming.

what was the global temperature in 1990 and what was the global temperature in 2014.

In 2015, it was an extreme El Nino year. The ocean got rid of an awful lot of heat in a natural cycle that has existed for a very very long time.

The plank that upholds the global warming theory is that there is no other way to explain how global temperatures have risen since the 1970s.... Wait for it....why yes, yes there is a natural explanation.

www.globalresearch.ca...

The global warming due to CO2 gas will not die an easy death but we should all know within 5 or 6 years.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Tired of Control Freaks

Just a personal observation.

You sound like a control freak.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Funny that....I am not the one imposing a carbon tax on you

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks
What carbon tax would that be?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Why I must be talking about the carbon taxes that no one is imposing on companies or on fuel!

Cant defend Gore so you choose to attack me

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Why I must be talking about the carbon taxes that no one is imposing on companies or on fuel!

Well, you did say this:

I am not the one imposing a carbon tax on you

What carbon tax on fuel? We've been paying fuel taxes for a long time and they have not gone up in a long time.

A question is an attack?
Oh my. Sensitive, are we?

But what reason would there to be to defend Gore?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In at under two minutes...Phage...
They have you working this?

Come along man, we've been through this thing long enough
At this moment in time I believe they've planted some seeds that have come to grow,
and their roots are starting to show, above ground, which are fair game
to be examined.

In short, yes, they said it.
Tis a difficult thing to let bygones be bygones when the usual suspex rouinely obfuscate evidence of their
filthy claims. I am with Marg: biggest scam in history. And now here you are, doing rescue.

You climate-is-our-enemy freaks said it: that such and such Florida peninsula would be underwater and so on. And soon, with dates, read:

"by this time"
over and over again

Certainly no one delights in examining mouth-droppings, but as long as you are here to cover the turd trail, perhaps we should refresh our palettes. I wish I could afford it.

This is one conspiracy that becomes more ripe, with time, no matter how long on the vine, and that is precisely why you all are in a hurry. And as soon as a little stability or calm returns, you will claim credit for the calm, by virtue of the tributes you exacted, because you consulted with your daughters...the children. So do not attempt to try to make us forget these wild, manipulative claims, simply because time manages to diminish other false flags.

This one, this little piggie, has played all the futures markets, and cannot afford to lose.

Take yer time, Phage. Talk it over with yer daughter, let us know what's good for us. And here's a timesaver, for 'opportunists', everywhere:

This is the new meme. Thee meme:

To keep you 'safe'.

This^ is making the auditory rounds, from pick up bars, to the fake journalists, as seen on TV. Some have no doubt trademarked it.

Not one will say it, but all the doxies have been programmed, to receive it. I'd remember that, had I a daughter to talk with.
She deserves to know this small bit of relevant neurolinguistic code. It's every bit as slimy as 'last call', and so is the essence of the topic.

I won't be back.

# 566

edit on 2-1-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Because he is a hypocrite and a snake oil salesman

I am just curious here. You made a big deal out of insisting that you had to know the exact source of the quote and the context and in the end - you had nothing to say about Goreès prediction. I have noticed that alot about you. In almost every thread you demand proof of this or that, then you simply dismiss it as if the discussion never happened.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

You wrote the bible didn't you? Come on tell the truth, I caught you!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You made a big deal out of insisting that you had to know the exact source of the quote and the context and in the end - you had nothing to say about Goreès prediction.
That would because, as it turns out, he made no such "prediction." And he certainly said nothing like what Watts claimed he did.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

No its not quite how you play it either.

Gore is a spokesman for scientist. He relayed the message that in 10 years certain tipping points could be reached.

Its been 10 years. Were the scientists correct in their prediction That is the question that needs answering

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Phage

Are you trying to say that Gore is innocent. That he doesnèt know that he is selling snake oil. Is that your opinion.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

He relayed the message that in 10 years certain tipping points could be reached.
Yes.

Its been 10 years. Were the scientists correct in their prediction That is the question that needs answering
Yes.

And here is what Anthony Watt turned that into:

Well, the 10 years are about up, by now, warming should have reached “planetary emergency levels”

Which is nothing like what Gore said.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Innocent? That's an odd word to use.

That he doesnèt know that he is selling snake oil. Is that your opinion.
That's a trick question, don't you think? Sort of like "are you still beating your wife?"

It is my opinion, which I presume I've made quite clear over the years here on ATS, that global warming and its effects on climate is a matter of very great concern. It doesn't really matter what Al Gore or Anthony Watts say about.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: silentjuan595

You have to write more than that otherwise we can't shoot your arguments down...

Well played

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

here is the exact sentence from the Al Gore speech

Many scientists are now warning that we are moving closer to several tipping points -that could - within as little as 10 years - make it impossible for us to avoid irretrevable damage to the planets habitability for human civilization

You said that yes the tipping points - which tipping points are you referring

:You said yes the scientists were correct in their prediction - which scientists are they exactly, how is the earth now irretreviably damages for habitability.

You cant say that Anthony Watts is incorrect without proving exactly how he is incorrect.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It is my opinion, which I presume I've made quite clear over the years here on ATS, that global warming and its effects on climate is a matter of very great concern. It doesn't really matter what Al Gore or Anthony Watts say about.

TY.

I do not understand the extreme visceral against climate change "global warming", whether it be full, partially real, or even a conspiracy (which I strongly doubt).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join