It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

site unusable

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think it is the top Nissan ad. Happens to me too until the top ad changes off that Nissan ad. Then everything works fine.

Galaxy Grand Prime... 4.4 Android OS

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Lemme change that. It isn't just nissan ads.

Just appears to be trying to load an ad every 10 seconds or so.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

I hit the "request desktop site" button on my phone. Works........for now.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Thank you... at this point I will take any suggestion. Hard for me to play lumberjack in the woods without my breaks on ATS lol

(post by IslandOfMisfitToys removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: Terminal1

I hit the "request desktop site" button on my phone. Works........for now.

Ahhh, thanks for the suggestion. 95% of my ATS time is mobile, and since the issue returned about a week ago, it's been virtually unusable. I've been mostly just trying to speed read through OPs, and getting the longer ones in with a few refreshes. I was about to resign my ATS visits to my occasional lunch break at desk pop-ins.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The Colony ad at the top brings my win 7 notebook to a standstill. OK with win 10 desktop. It's trying to over ride something and locks me up for a minute or so.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Androids have a hosts file.

There could be re-directs appended there.
/system/etc/hosts

There are a few sites out there that discuss how to edit it, which is not trivial.

one is: Edit hosts file on Android.

Might want to try and check out that angle.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If you're on an Android use Google Chrome for Android, there are some browsers that work but Chrome is really well put together, the browser that comes with Android is bug laden and doesn't work at all.

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

When I was having this issue it was with Chrome for what it's worth.

Haven't had any issue at all for a bit though.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I do use chrome.

Just sayin.......

So far....it's working today.

edit on 18-1-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Sorry but if you have to be a tech wiz to not be redirected every 10 minutes from this site then it is just NOT worth it.

edit on 18-1-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I have been going crazy over this issue too. There seems to be a few issues being discussed and lumped together here.

I believe OP and the majority of the others including me seem to be having the same problem.

To clarify, it seems as though Android users on Chrome are experiencing issues with one or more ads that cause erratic behavior. Specifically, while viewing the site on mobile, typical working ads get displayed near the top right. At least one ad is not loading and remains a black box with LOADING and a spinning circle. Normal ads display correctly, but that glitching ad is redirecting to the ad window as a full page. The redirect is a blank page with the LOADING ad showing, but it then cycles through the ads correctly in full page. The URL does not change so you can't just go back in the browser. You have to refresh the page. Sometimes it happens every few seconds, and sometimes it doesn't do it for an hour. At it's worst, you can barely read a page before giving up.

Only my newer Android tablet does this. I am on home WiFi. I have Avast and know my device is clean with no issues.

It IS true that it is not ATS causing the issues. It is definitely my "fault" if some of the snarkiest people feel better. However, as an affected user, there is nothing much we can do about it. It is the combo of Chrome, specific Android versions, and whatever ad is involved. It is impossible to report which ad, specifically, is to blame since not actually LOADING is the base issue. Hopefully, it is a glitched ad and not this ad server itself. Soon, the ad might go away or be replaced, but the ad server itself won't go away.

If your current setup is to blame like mine, just browse ATS in desktop mode from Chrome as long as the issue persists. It might not be ideal for phones or small devices, but it is far better than constant redirects and refreshes. Just use that work around for now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join