It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump already is the 'Third Party' or 'independent' Candidate'.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Trump was invited to run by the Republican party..

There is supposed to be a third party candidate debate in Louisiana late January I think it is, there are good people running please people stop thinking you have to elect a billionaires play toy, or a billionaire straight out.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Trump was invited to run by the Republican party..

There is supposed to be a third party candidate debate in Louisiana late January I think it is, there are good people running please people stop thinking you have to elect a billionaires play toy, or a billionaire straight out.

Do you really think it's a 'have to'? Of course, there are good people out there.

Until such a time as someone comes up that looks electable, outside the beltway, with a track record of getting things done. unafraid of the politically correct crowd, the media, the pundits, the two parties....on and on, Trump gets my support....for now...

I won't penalize him for wealth. it buys him freedoms that others can't honestly say. Real independence.....

What he would do with it? LOL. A whole different story.....

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Well......I'm sorry to see you're obviously not terribly happy with any of these candidates. At least that's my take on your situation. Frankly, I don't like any of them either which is why I'll sit this one out. By sitting it out, I am, in essence, voting for NOTA, i.e., None of the Above.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
With the Electoral College a third party has no chance.

Trump is resonating because we don't want another sissy candidate.

No Wimpy Boy will beat Pig Vomit Clinton.

Merica wants President Kick A$$.

Hence, the only guy not pointing with his thumb...President Trump.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Unfortunately, we don't get to pick a candidate. The Electoral College does. Voting is simply a way to think we are participating.

It's fun. But so is playing the lottery.

imho

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
With the Electoral College a third party has no chance.

Trump is resonating because we don't want another sissy candidate.

No Wimpy Boy will beat Pig Vomit Clinton.

Merica wants President Kick A$$.

Hence, the only guy not pointing with his thumb...President Trump.

The electoral college is an issue. I don't see the Perot run as relevant. Not now. Not with the degree of disaffection with the current economic and political ills.

At a guess, Trump would likely wins some states right now. Not enough for a clear win...at least not yet. He could end up with the 'popular vote and lose in the big states and therefore the Presidency.

Eventually? That's how the republicans got started....as a third party.....

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I think trump had no idea he would go this far on this platform...but it's working so it's a win win..and to the OP this is as third party as one could hope for better or worse.
edit on 2-1-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Perceptive post.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I dont care about the wealth..I voted for Perot twice...

He is an insider there is nothing independent about him, this entire sequence seems staged to me... kind of like Hillary being out front then all of a sudden obama is the ordained one. For the life of me I cant see who the GOP intends to be the candidate and quite honestly I see nothing from the gop that is worth a vote.

Ill be voting VPOA.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
He would not say that he would not. Same thing. What, was it a gotcha question? Whether it is FOX or another network, republicans seem to complain about the moderators and their 'dirty moves'. Come on.

Thank God he wasn't asked what magazines or newspapers he reads. That would have been some type of discrimination, I know it.

Sigh, it's not the same thing. Your distorting it.

The Fox moderator tried to box all the candidates into the commitment that ensures complete control by the republican establishment of the nomination process.

Trump played it exactly right, IMO.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What people seem to forget or not realize Trump can not Legally Run as a third party candidate after the first state election where he is on the Ballot as a Republican until the next Election Cycle... That Means if he does not Back out Before IOWA then he has to run full bore as a Republican or Not at all. I do not think he will Be the type to Back down. He will ride the Primary though to the end and Tell everyone he supports the Republican candidate if it is not Him, locking him as a sure thing next cycle he tries it... (his ego is big enough to convince him that he is the candidate though.)

The rule that prevents a candidate from dropping to 3rd party is why Ron Paul did not continue after he had the Nom by Delegates Stolen from him by back room last minute rule changes.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
What people seem to forget or not realize Trump can not Legally Run as a third party candidate after the first state election where he is on the Ballot as a Republican until the next Election Cycle... That Means if he does not Back out Before IOWA then he has to run full bore as a Republican or Not at all. I do not think he will Be the type to Back down. He will ride the Primary though to the end and Tell everyone he supports the Republican candidate if it is not Him, locking him as a sure thing next cycle he tries it... (his ego is big enough to convince him that he is the candidate though.)

The rule that prevents a candidate from dropping to 3rd party is why Ron Paul did not continue after he had the Nom by Delegates Stolen from him by back room last minute rule changes.

Nope didn't know that....

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ

A "third Party" within a party?....a 'pregnancy'? LMAO...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No doubt this election...

If a third party manages 5% (I think it is) of the vote in a presidential election they cant be stopped for the next 4 years... people have to stop looking for the immediate fix, and instead play the long game.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: DBCowboy

No doubt this election...

If a third party manages 5% (I think it is) of the vote in a presidential election they cant be stopped for the next 4 years... people have to stop looking for the immediate fix, and instead play the long game.

OK, in that scenario, does Trump end up representing that 'third party' or someone else down the line.

In other words, does the support trump garners reflect the third party potential. Obviously, the libertarians do not and the T Party just lost me, at least for now.

Who is the catalyst?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I don't see the system changing over just a presidential change.

There is congress to consider. They are also the problem.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't see the system changing over just a presidential change.

There is congress to consider. They are also the problem.

You open a can of worms that I would liked to have avoided. No President who feels obligated to be constrained by the Constitution can win out against the other two branches from what I can see.

He'd probably have to pull an 'Obama on steroids' and run a virtual dictatorship to right the ship.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

And in doing so, making the 3rd party candidate an even worse choice. Potentially.

I'm sure that there is a solution out there, but just changing presidents isn't one of them.

imho
edit on 2-1-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And in doing so, making the 3rd party candidate an even worse choice. Potentially.

I'm sure that there is a solution out there, but just changing presidents isn't one of them.

imho

Potentially. Yes. I agree.

Although, I'd hazard to say it can't get much worse than it is now. A risk we may have to take....

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Trump already is the 'Third Party' or 'independent' Candidate'.

Trump/Putin in 16! *__-

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join