It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of Lions, Tassels, and the Long-Haired Sorcerer Kings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Yes! Please tell me more. I don't doubt their faith in God--but I am ignorant of their practices. I do know that God said that practicing magic (basically) was bad and dangerous and not to mess with it. But...I have to ask: What do you mean, different kinds of magic? If I think that this magic comes from demons--like how supposedly Solomon (but was it THE King Solomon? I always wonder because I wasn't aware of him dabbling in demon things until I came to ATS actually) used them to build stuff and do other things--then doesn't that answer the question? I am of the belief that yes, you can get power from plenty of places, but if it isn't from God, there's a price. I'm not going to judge whether that's right or wrong because that's up to you to decide.

Magic is just basically influencing the energy, right? So what do you mean by different kinds? I don't know much about what people say about magic. I know a lot about energy/aether, though--or, well, what you can know from being able to see it (which, it might surprise you, ain't much--lol 'a lot' my grass). I don't really do anything--or know how to for that matter. Basically, I'm a major noob.

Thank you for responding. You seem like you know what you're talking about

Was magic more involved in history than I'm thinking?

Wow I was just thinking about this line of reasoning. I did read the lower keys of Solomon and was considering the same idea of dabbling into it. At my age and logical reasoning however I cant help but think its fairy tale non sense made for high school aged emo teens with daddy issues. For grown ups its the metaphysical power of belief "lol" These concepts get thrown into new age mixer and bang you get energy manipulation through controlling demons.

From a religious stand point controlling demons is done only by the most holy of people. "Please forgive my blasphemous ideas religious people" Jesus in a way expelled demons aka he controlled them if only to get them to leave he still controlled them. Solomon who built the temple used demons to make the temple and gained knowledge from them. Actually it was said Solomon talked to angels and demons equally.

The creation of "metaphysical" requires energy and sexual energy is the most abundant. The energy is harnessed by abstinence and channeled into another aspect like money, power, love ect then released into the world. No you don't actually have sex or self gratification to release it. The energy is manifested through the act of visualization with a goal "think meditation". The process is gone over and over refining it till the image becomes clear in your mind. Once its clear in the mind you will feed on the energy adding the emotions you want to achieve to the image. It takes an enormous amount of energy to work and you will know when you have achieved it because your sexual energy will dissipate in an instant.

Then wait and watch it manifest into your life no demons required.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I learned that there were purported survivors of Atlantis—being the natives of the Basque region of Spain and Southern France. Basque cultural history, as I have touched upon briefly in other threads (because I am largely ignorant of it and seeking to learn more), is deeply rooted in the supernatural. That’s part of what makes the culture unique in the sense that the supernatural was taken literally versus simply as myth--the supernatural is history to them. And apparently, the Merovingian bloodline originated in Basque—they are likely descendants of the 12 tribes of Judah that scattered across the globe.

Basque lineage is becoming more widely understood. They were not the survivors of Atlantis.

We present, to our knowledge, the first genome-wide sequence data from eight human remains, dated to between 5,500 and 3,500 years before present, excavated in the El Portalón cave at Sierra de Atapuerca, Spain.

We show that these individuals emerged from the same ancestral gene pool as early farmers in other parts of Europe, suggesting that migration was the dominant mode of transferring farming practices throughout western Eurasia. In contrast to central and northern early European farmers, the Chalcolithic El Portalón individuals additionally mixed with local southwestern hunter–gatherers. The proportion of hunter–gatherer-related admixture into early farmers also increased over the course of two millennia.
The Chalcolithic El Portalón individuals showed greatest genetic affinity to modern-day Basques, who have long been considered linguistic and genetic isolates linked to the Mesolithic whereas all other European early farmers show greater genetic similarity to modern-day Sardinians.

pnas.org

Their isolation from other European and North African migrations helps to explain their unique language and genetics.
Their DNA would suggest they have no ties at all to the lost tribes of Israel (Judah being only one of 12).

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

Thank you for answering the question for me as it's almost word for word what I was going to write lol.

You are absolutely correct with what you said about visualizing and focusing your energy.

I'm not sure however that control is the right word to use when we talk about demons. Although there are methods to get rid of a negative entity such as a demon, I don't believe you will get rid of it in it's entirely nor have control over it's actions.

As you stated, in order to have that "power" over them you would need to be holier than thou, and who here is pure of heart ?

Also as a personal note from my own life that I like to share with people on here regarding this subject; if you go looking for power, knowledge etc in dark places, don't be surprised if the darkness follows you and consumes all the light (good) around you.

A lot of the people in the past who had contact with those entities didn't exactly live a comfortable life and if you try it nowadays I'm sure you would still suffer the same consequences as they did.

Oh and as for types of magic, well the basic two are white and black magic, or good/bad magic. I've always had trouble identifying either as such however because good and bad is subjective.

For instance if I gain power from a demon in order to do good things, does that make me a bad person ?

Everything is subjective so it's best to explore things personally, knowing what your limits are of course.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

They got smashed in the 14th and 15th century

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: jobless1

Thank you for answering the question for me as it's almost word for word what I was going to write lol.

You are absolutely correct with what you said about visualizing and focusing your energy.

I'm not sure however that control is the right word to use when we talk about demons. Although there are methods to get rid of a negative entity such as a demon, I don't believe you will get rid of it in it's entirely nor have control over it's actions.

As you stated, in order to have that "power" over them you would need to be holier than thou, and who here is pure of heart ?

Also as a personal note from my own life that I like to share with people on here regarding this subject; if you go looking for power, knowledge etc in dark places, don't be surprised if the darkness follows you and consumes all the light (good) around you.

A lot of the people in the past who had contact with those entities didn't exactly live a comfortable life and if you try it nowadays I'm sure you would still suffer the same consequences as they did.

Oh and as for types of magic, well the basic two are white and black magic, or good/bad magic. I've always had trouble identifying either as such however because good and bad is subjective.

For instance if I gain power from a demon in order to do good things, does that make me a bad person ?

Everything is subjective so it's best to explore things personally, knowing what your limits are of course.

Thank you.

I'm not sure control is the right word as well. However that's the line of reasoning people think when they want to use these "demons".

I'm sure you might know this but others I'm not sure.

First a background into demon summoning most often times demons had been deities for other cultures which the christian, muslim or jewish religion deemed evil. The big three religions crushed the cultures and imposed their religion.
Now the energy expelled into pleasing the deities was real and the abilities of the demon are often the same abilities it had as a deity. Imagine a being willed into existence "not physical existence" and prayed to for hundreds or thousands of years by hundreds to thousands of people. The being would be powerful and have all the energy the humans expelled to create it and pray to it.

Basically its a cheat using the energy of the demon instead of your own.
It comes with drawbacks because once the demon is summoned your never really sure if it is expelled.

Now the black vs white magic is simple if you use the magic for personal gain its black magic .

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Anansi

8th century, no?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Im reading my books, so in the beginning in the 9-10th century, there was light.. and then hulk smash.. a few hundred years later..

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Oh it's you! How lovely to see you!

The Merovingian dynasty ran from Childeric I (476) until Childeric III (750).

Encyclopaedia Britannica

Explain light, explain hulk smash then explain how the 14th and 15th c apply. Pretty please.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

a few with much knowledge

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

This is the history forum?
But nobody wants to discuss history?

Your phrase above doesn't come close to explaining your original sentence. If you can't be bothered to discuss, why post in the first place?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Most Nobles or eastern european nobles came from the same House, dark hair, dark complexion, long thick black hair.. We had a king called Sigismund in the 15th century who created the dragon order, and was defied by one of his underlings who took side with the Ottomans.. Those who stayed wereenslaved, those who fled, went to the British Isles.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I'm saying, let's pretend it's true. Plato wrote down what Socrates said. Socrates had no written works--Greeks did oral culture. And Socrates isn't the only one to document its existence. It's not that far-fetched at all. He used allegory, but he wrote of Atlantis with surprising description.

Could it have been the temple of solomon?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

The Merovingian dynasty was over by the 8th c. Yes, there will be descendants today walking around. Obviously somebody, somewhere had a great uncle Childeric back in the day.

Are you suggesting that Sigismund's ancestors were Merovingian? Remember that in the 5th/6thc it was the Gauls in this area. And if so...is it relevant? Is there something about Sigismund that ties into the OP?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

In my theory, there was a group of people looking back to when they were kings.. And got smashed

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

And.....?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join