It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Donald Trump will have a "politician" standpoint and style as US President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Recently I have been thinking, and I have not been on ATS in a pretty good while, much less made a post so bear with me as I have grown very keen to politics from my once upon a time obsession with black projects and secret aircraft.

Do you think Donald Trump will have a "politician" standpoint and style as president of the United States?

This post is not intended for Fighting and bigoting or finger pointing, but I have to take a stand on Donald Trump. I've seen the posts floating around Facebook and the like about how he is a gun-toting, racist, Islam smashing wannabe and I'd like to eliminate that kind of discussion in this thread if at all possible.

Before we get started, I just want to state that I am independent and really do not stand on either wing, since in reality they are both attached to the same bird in retrospect. So let's please try to keep a rational, open mind about this.

What I'd like to point out on this stance of Trump is his notation of being a self made billionaire and how, for him anyways, stepping into politics would probably take a different turn because he wouldn't need to know the ins and outs of the political wall street market to really line his pockets with insider trading money. Insider trading is a topic of discussion for a different day. Trump also seems like he'd be a strong leader and reminds me a lot of Harry Truman (what I know about him anyways) and the toughness factor. It seems as if perhaps having Trump as a leader would go against any sort of finite political agenda under the scope of "the plan" so to speak and might offer a paradigm shift under the "rules of politics".

I'd like your opinions and thoughts on Trump under a rational, non bigoting umbrella if we could. How do you feel he would perform as President of the United States? What sorts of changes would you expect? I'm referring to underlying changes, not news media "go-to" distractions such as the typical: immigration, abortion, oil-prices, etc.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: brodband

I don't think Trump will be the GOP nomination, but if he did get elected I think he would have us involved in a war
as soon as he could. He seems hot headed, illogical and not prone to diplomacy. That would be his way of "Making America Great Again"
edit on 1-1-2016 by olaru12 because: $%J*%&*J

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Everyone would be a self made billionaire if they had a couple of million dollar loan from their dads.

But if he does indeed get elected, I don't expect much to get done.

Establishment Republicans in Congress don't like him much, Democrats don't like him at all...

Lame duck president from the start.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Why do you feel the republicans in congress do not like him? This is a great talking point.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Because it's been reported the GOP doesn't like Trump and is afraid of what he's been doing to the republican image. Trump fires back with threats of leaving the GOP and running as an independent.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: brodband
How do you feel he [D. Trump] would perform as President of the United States?
What sorts of changes would you expect?

Good question, OP.

Well, I'd expect him to change drastically.
If Mr. Trump really became POTUS, I'd guess that he'd be told how to behave properly on the international political stage the moment he was briefed and inaugurated into office.

I'll be honest: the bits of Trumps presidential elections campaign I caught were entertaining to say the least... but he cannot behave like that as President of the United States of America.
Just imagine him running his mouth like that on official foreign visits, like an official reception (e.g. WEF) in Davos, Versailles, or Bellevue... he would simply be kicked out. Probably friendly, but strictly and definitively.
Of course the US cannot afford such an international éclat - so its not going to happen.

Besides, I'm not buying his performance. I think his stupid behaviour is all show, tailored to the customer. So yeah... I'd expect him to change drastically once he'd be in office.
edit on 2-1-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I don't think Trumps management style lines up well at all with politics. By all accounts I've ever read, Trump is an absolute monster in the board room. He doesn't want to hear others thoughts, instead he dictates to people what they'll do and he uses the authority that he's signing the paychecks to enforce compliance. That's not how the political arena works though, there's two branches of government that don't answer to him that he still needs to work with.

In contrast, Fiorina's business background is much more similar to what a politician needs to do. The way she would answer to a board of directors every week and fight for her plans. That's what presidents do, what Trump does is what dictators do, and that just won't work in our system.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I believe Donald would quickly learn the way government works in DC. That being said he will have a cabinet that will help him understand all the in's and out's of running a country. He will mellow out to succeed. The side of government that is economics will be easier for him than anything else. Has commander and chief I believe he will listen to the Joint Chiefs recommendations, then make his decisions on what actions to take. I would hope he would chose Karly as his VP she would be a great asset for him. Between the two of them I believe they could get a lot done for the economy of the U.S.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: brodband
Recently I have been thinking, and I have not been on ATS in a pretty good while, much less made a post so bear with me as I have grown very keen to politics from my once upon a time obsession with black projects and secret aircraft.

Do you think Donald Trump will have a "politician" standpoint and style as president of the United States?

This post is not intended for Fighting and bigoting or finger pointing, but I have to take a stand on Donald Trump. I've seen the posts floating around Facebook and the like about how he is a gun-toting, racist, Islam smashing wannabe and I'd like to eliminate that kind of discussion in this thread if at all possible.

Before we get started, I just want to state that I am independent and really do not stand on either wing, since in reality they are both attached to the same bird in retrospect. So let's please try to keep a rational, open mind about this.

What I'd like to point out on this stance of Trump is his notation of being a self made billionaire and how, for him anyways, stepping into politics would probably take a different turn because he wouldn't need to know the ins and outs of the political wall street market to really line his pockets with insider trading money. Insider trading is a topic of discussion for a different day. Trump also seems like he'd be a strong leader and reminds me a lot of Harry Truman (what I know about him anyways) and the toughness factor. It seems as if perhaps having Trump as a leader would go against any sort of finite political agenda under the scope of "the plan" so to speak and might offer a paradigm shift under the "rules of politics".

I'd like your opinions and thoughts on Trump under a rational, non bigoting umbrella if we could. How do you feel he would perform as President of the United States? What sorts of changes would you expect? I'm referring to underlying changes, not news media "go-to" distractions such as the typical: immigration, abortion, oil-prices, etc.

It's a tough call. As with any candidate we are skeptical and often choose the apparent least worst option....LOL.

I think you well state the potential advantages of Trump. Outside the box thinking and a corporate, result orientated, mentality that lately has been restricted to the military....and as a result vilified.

That's the intellectual justification in supporting Trump. The emotional support is perhaps what will empower him, at least for the short term.

The problem being as he is outside the 'circle'-and nothing points that out more than Trey Gowdy's endorsement of Rubio-and will have no more than lip-service support from the Bureaucracy, and either of the parties.

Much like Reagan, he will have enemies in both camps and will be undermined.

I considered myself a Tea party member up to Gowdy's endorsement of Rubio. However, the lack of protest from the 'Tea Party' candidates and following suggests to me a coalition who's goal is the defeat of Trump.

I now question the Tea party's resolve to it's ideals as I do the RHINOs and Dems.

That means I'm down to Trump. So be it. I'd have preferred an option, a choice, but it seems the process of removing 'choice' is inevitable as it has been for many Presidential elections now.

One can't give rational reasons to an environment that precludes rational result.

It's down to hope.

top topics

join