It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I haven't had a cigarette in 7 months

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I want one every day, multiple times per day. The cravings haven't stopped. I have a vape, I chew a lot of gum, yet none of this ever helps.
Now, I'm not here to have a pity party for myself. Im just hoping for some advice I guess. My wife quit one week before I did and she isn't having cravings near like what I experience.
I try not to use my vape, when I do, it is no nicotine juice. Anyone else have this issue?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If I quit smoking, I get some bad feelings in my lungs and always have a little cough. I was that way before I started smoking and the doctors tested me for TB a couple of times which were always negative. They just gave up after multiple tests. The smoke does something, but I do not know exactly what for sure. I also crave a cigarette anytime I have coffee or drink alcohol. Surprisingly the tobacco neutralizes some of the bad effects of caffeine and also of ethyl alcohol.

sometimes our cravings are actually for things we need. There are other ways to do it than cigarettes, any niacin chemistry will probably work. I used to eat more hot sausages before starting to smoke but the hot bothered my stomach.

What is causing the cravings? If it was an addiction the craving would already have subsided. The addiction craving only lasts a couple of weeks. Now if it is neutralizing the methyl or ethyl, than that means you need to replace the cigarette with something containing a relative chemistry to nicotine. It can be consumed and niacin is taken up in the mouth also, absorbed through the skin. B12 is also absorbed by the mouth..
edit on 1-1-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tinyDAWK

I try not to use my vape, when I do, it is no nicotine juice

Maybe that is the issue...maybe you NEED the nicotine and then slowly wean yourself off...
try to NOT resist the craving to try to use your vape...

good luck!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That is an interesting point. I really never thought about it like that. Thank you

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
How many times in the last month have you consumed nicotine, and in what fashion?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I dropped vaping about the same time you quit. I'm finally not experiencing full-force withdrawal.

It takes a long time, but it will pass. Hang in there. It's 2016 ... the first full year you can go 100% nicotine free!!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I would suggest using a tobacco flavored juice with nicotine. The nicotine isn't the bad thing for you (it's also not good), and it's what gives you the "throat hit" when vaping. You can always gradually lower the nic level until you hit zero. Though it is important to remember you CAN overdose on nicotine, and I have on a rare occasion (usually when drinking) vaped too much and got a little sick feeling from it. I just put it down and a couple hours later all is good.

Everything I tried to quit didn't work, including vaping, until I started making my own e-juice. I made a flavor that tasted exactly like the cigs I smoked, including that "throat hit" feeling. I had to start with a really high nic level at first(24mg) but quickly lowered it to 18 within a month of not smoking. Now I'm down to 6mg (I use 12mg when I drink) and have been without a cigarette over 2 years, without even the slightest craving for one.

Congratulations on quitting! Stay strong and never look back at that evil witch ever again, unless it's to flip her off!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I did ween off when I first stopped. I had nicotine gum and my vape. After 2 weeks or so I cut out the nicotine and used regular gum, and 0 nic juice. But the cravings are still there. I have been debating on weather to buy low nicotine juice again... but it has been painfully difficult to even get this far and the thought of going back makes me feel pretty awful.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
How many times in the last month have you consumed nicotine, and in what fashion?

None

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I get it...I truly do...

the thought of going back makes me feel pretty awful

Don't think of it as "going back", because you are not...think of it as just "drop back and punt"...
regrouping...it is NOT failure, you re just "retrying".

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I dropped vaping about the same time you quit. I'm finally not experiencing full-force withdrawal.

It takes a long time, but it will pass. Hang in there. It's 2016 ... the first full year you can go 100% nicotine free!!

Honestly, I just got my vape working again maybe 3 weeks ago. I hadn't used it in months.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinyDAWK
... but it has been painfully difficult to even get this far and the thought of going back makes me feel pretty awful.

You know the dealio. The only way to quit is Cold Turkey. You either push through ... or you quit quitting.

Trust me. I've been down this road more than once. The withdrawals will shorten and space themselves out. The last time I quit was for 8 years. I'd still get cravings, but they were for such a short period that it was nothing to deal with mentally.

You can do this.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I've not had a cig in 5 months as I switched to vaping.

But my juice has nicotine in it. I've tried the non-nicotine juices, and yep.....I start craving a cig.

But if I use the juice with nicotine......no problems.

It took me a couple of days to get used to the vape, but I stuck with it. I've not bought tobacco since then.

After just the first 2 weeks, I noticed a huge difference in my breathing, and after a month my blood pressure had gone down too.

If you're trying to get to zero nicotine cravings, you might have to slowly lower your level you intake, then try to get to zero. At the least it would help lower your cravings for a cig.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Just to give you a thought, if it is purely the nicotine you are trying to avoid, several vegetables naturally contain traces of nicotine. Eggplants and cauliflower have the most, but tomatoes and potatoes also contain nicotine.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

14 months here. I do vape. My recommendation is to get a real nice vape rig (if you don't already), and don't try not to vape or going no nicotine until you can shake the cravings for stinkstix. After my first couple of weeks, I couldn't imagine possibly wanting a cigarette less. I've even gotten hammered and had cigs offered to me and didn't even blink. They taste awful compared to the wonderful and myriad flavors of vaping.
/lets out a big fat cloud of "Grandma's Cookies" in the warm comfort of home/
Ahhhhh...

Whatever you do, stay strong. Cigarettes are ucky.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

14 months here. I do vape. My recommendation is to get a real nice vape rig (if you don't already), and don't try not to vape or going no nicotine until you can shake the cravings for stinkstix. After my first couple of weeks, I couldn't imagine possibly wanting a cigarette less. I've even gotten hammered and had cigs offered to me and didn't even blink. They taste awful compared to the wonderful and myriad flavors of vaping.
/lets out a big fat cloud of "Grandma's Cookies" in the warm comfort of home/
Ahhhhh...

Whatever you do, stay strong. Cigarettes are ucky.

I have a nice vape with an atomizer at right around .5ohm. I use the gum more, but nicotine gum gives me hiccups. I think I will pick up some low nic (maybe 4mg/ml) captain munch from my local shop tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your advice and support.
edit on 3114116FriPM53K by tinyDAWK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I'm surprised you're still having this level of craving. When you said gum I thought maybe nicotine gum.

Can you give us the details of you're vape rig? I have a feeling perhaps we could get you on the right track. What atomizer, mod, juice and coils do you use and at what wattage? For me personally it's less about the nicotine and more about feeling like I'm actually inhaling something. The smaller pen style ones didn't do it for me at all, even with higher nicotine. When you were smoking, how did you smoke? Did you inhale straight into your lungs, or did you inhale into your mouth and then inhale into the lungs? What was your go to brand of cigarette? I know this all sounds dumb, but it really helps to sort of tailor the vape to the person.

What nicotine strength were you using when you last used the vape (with nicotine juice). Was there ever a point where you were using the vape and didn't have cravings for cigarettes?

At what point did you get to the point where you stopped using the vape? Considering how long it's been since you used nicotine, I would think the cravings would be long gone. Perhaps it's something else.

How's the diet and health? Are you stressed a lot? Do you exercise? I went on a health hiatus for awhile and the poor nutrition and lack of exercise got me craving alcohol and cigs. I get cravings for cigs when I drink, are you drinking a lot? No judgement man, I have trouble with it. Sorry for all the questions, just want to get the whole picture and you not craving the nasty stuff.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

edit on 1-1-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This probably won't help you but, then again it may. I haven't had a ciggie craving for a good 12 yrs or more. I decided one day i was going to stop, i didn't like it anymore and that was that, so i said a prayerfilled intention and the next morning i woke up crave free, permanently. It was like magic. Why did it happen so quickly for me? I have no idea, i really don't know. I only know i was around smokers and not even their habit effected me. Intention works give it a shot who knows right? Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

A brass m16* style mod (I think that is what it is called) dual coil tobh atty atomizer, I'm not sure the wattage but it is at half an ohm of resistance with a 40 amp high drain 18650 battery. The juice I currently have is delicious, strawberry milk flavor (taints just like strawberry nesquick) with 0 nicotine.

When I would smoke it was the organic American spirits, (makes my mouth water just thinking about them). I would draw them in my mouth then inhale as deep as I could. I smoked for 10 years.

I was using 6 mg/ml for a couple weeks after I quit. Maybe a month. Then I started having issues with my battery overheating so I stopped using it and chewed triedent. Then a couple months ago I (probably should have stated this earlier ) stopped using canabis, and my cravings for cigarettes got much stronger and haven't subsided since (tho I feel like I must add, my cravings were still strong before I decided to stop using canabis... they just got way worse after).

Diet is good, modified paleo diet (I still consume dairy). No preservatives, low carb, high protein. I walk a few miles every day (according to my pedometer on my phone). I am on my feet all day at work. Stress is guaranteed now days. I have a family on a low wage in Los Angeles. I drink some days, tho rarely enough to catch a buzz. When I do let loose with the alcohol, it isn't much more of an influence on my cravings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join