It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H. Res. 569 Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards American Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

RESOLUTION

Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.

Whereas the victims of anti-Muslim hate crimes and rhetoric have faced physical, verbal, and emotional abuse because they were Muslim or believed to be Muslim;

Whereas the constitutional right to freedom of religious practice is a cherished United States value and violence or hate speech towards any United States community based on faith is in contravention of the Nation’s founding principles;

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) expresses its condolences for the victims of anti-Muslim hate crimes;

(2) steadfastly confirms its dedication to the rights and dignity of all its citizens of all faiths, beliefs, and cultures;

(3) denounces in the strongest terms the increase of hate speech, intimidation, violence, vandalism, arson, and other hate crimes targeted against mosques, Muslims, or those perceived to be Muslim;

(4) recognizes that the United States Muslim community has made countless positive contributions to United States society;

(5) declares that the civil rights and civil liberties of all United States citizens, including Muslims in the United States, should be protected and preserved;

(6) urges local and Federal law enforcement authorities to work to prevent hate crimes; and to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes; and

(7) reaffirms the inalienable right of every citizen to live without fear and intimidation, and to practice their freedom of faith.

www.congress.gov

I....

I am at something of a loss over this.

The idea that someone in Congress is picking a special group to "champion", and do so during the Christmas holidays when it is likely to get no attention at all....

Now, sure. Bills get put before Congress on a regular basis. I'd imagine they range from the important to the ludicrous.

This one though....

I cannot help but wonder if their constituents knew about it, if those same constituents wouldn't recall their Congressional representative.

Let me make it perfectly clear. Nobody in the United States deserves to be targeted or singled out.

But...was this done for Homosexuals? American Indians? I ask that truly not knowing the answer.

In my opinion, an attempt to address such a situation should be targeted towards everyone, not tailored to any one specific group.

NOBODY should be harassed for their personal faith.
NOBODY should be harassed for clothing thought to be somehow indicative of a certain faith.
EVERYONE in the United States deserves the opportunity to live in Peace.

But, I need to add one final caveat.

Your right to live in peace, does not supersede mine. Just as the opposite is true.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Emotional abuse?

So if you hurt the feelings of someone, that is emotional abuse.

If passed, it would be illegal to hurt someone's feelings.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

In some states it's illegal to bother ( no, not in any sexual way) a teenager. I'm guess anyone bothering a Muslim teenager would get life without parole.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
There's already plenty of laws that address criminal behavior.

I think this new proposal is just more window dressing.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, I read over the resolution, and found it to be alot of PC gladhanding, to be honest.

I didn't see anything calling for specific laws or crimes to be defined.

link   
It is simply a PR resolution. I see no problem with a Public relations resolution as there is nothing being codified into law with this, they are already protected within existing hate crime laws, and there are already avenues to proceed with alleged hate crimes. So yea, it is only a pr stunt.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
There's already plenty of laws that address criminal behavior.

I think this new proposal is just more window dressing.

Feelgood, PC, gladhanding.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Can we just all unite and IMPEACH every politician in Congress, the entire executive branch, and a good chunk of the legislative and judicial branch for cause?

We are paying them to impeed our freedoms and enslave us to their purpose. Enough! Fire them all!
edit on 1-1-2016 by NewzNose because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
It is simply a PR resolution. I see no problem with a Public relations resolution as there is nothing being codified into law with this, they are already protected within existing hate crime laws, and there are already avenues to proceed with alleged hate crimes. So yea, it is only a pr stunt.

But it infuriates me that our elected officials are doing this kind of money and time wasting crap instead of something that could truly help Americans....

link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Can we just all unite and IMPEACH every politician in Congress, the entire executive branch, and a good chunk of the legislative branch for cause?

We are paying them to impeed our freedoms and enslave us to their purpose. Enough! Fire them all!

You're suggesting we fire them.

My solution would be a bit more....umm...final?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What this is going to accomplish is more false-flag incidents.

They will make sure their points sink in.

Watch for more "attacks" like the one in Houston the other day.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Did I forget the appropriate preposition between the words 'fire' and 'them'?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Did I forget the appropriate preposition between the words 'fire' and 'them'?

Life is *all* about the emphasis

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Emotional abuse?

So if you hurt the feelings of someone, that is emotional abuse.

If passed, it would be illegal to hurt someone's feelings.

Depending on the circumstances of the individual case, emotional abuse is already considered a crime.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Mr. Beyer (for himself, Mr. Honda, Mr. Ellison, Mr. Crowley, Mr. Carson of Indiana, Ms. Norton, Ms. McCollum, Ms. Kaptur, Mrs. Carolyn B. Maloney of New York, Mr. Kildee, Ms. Loretta Sanchez of California, Mr. Rangel, Mr. Peters, Mr. Ashford, Mr. Grayson, Mr. Takai, Mr. Higgins, Mr. Keating, Mr. Grijalva, Ms. Wasserman Schultz, Mr. Butterfield, Mr. Connolly, Mr. Gallego, Mrs. Bustos, Mr. Delaney, Ms. Castor of Florida, Mr. Gutiérrez, Mr. Quigley, Ms. Esty, Mr. Kennedy, Ms. Kelly of Illinois, Ms. Eddie Bernice Johnson of Texas, Mr. Meeks, Ms. Meng, Mr. Al Green of Texas, Ms. Clark of Massachusetts, Mr. Schiff, Mr. Hastings, Mr. Farr, Mr. Pallone, Mr. McDermott, Ms. Lee, Ms. Edwards, Mr. Brady of Pennsylvania, Ms. Wilson of Florida, Mr. Michael F. Doyle of Pennsylvania, Mr. Sires, Ms. DelBene, Ms. Judy Chu of California, Mr. Polis, Mr. Loebsack, Mr. Pascrell, Mrs. Dingell, Ms. Schakowsky, Mr. Cohen, Mr. Hinojosa, Mr. Yarmuth, Ms. Tsongas, Mr. Langevin, Mr. Pocan, Mr. Conyers, Mr. Takano, Mr. Ryan of Ohio, Mr. Serrano, Mr. Johnson of Georgia, Mr. Tonko, Ms. Lofgren, Mr. Van Hollen, Mrs. Capps, Mr. Price of North Carolina, Ms. Matsui, Ms. Moore, and Mr. Heck of Washington)

We should send every one of those people thank you notes for pissing our hard earned tax dollars away.
edit on 1-1-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Now hold on if we are going to fire them, or something more final for this, do we all feel the same about similar PR resolutions that only seek the honor certain people in society like athletes, or the independence of certain nations?

I am just curious to see where we are drawing lines, and perhaps for what reasons is all.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is an older article, but I thought it might be relevant.

DOJ: Social Media Posts Trashing Muslims May Violate Civil Rights

www.judicialwatch.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

How do you feel about this?

www.congress.gov...

H.Res.707 - Condemning all forms of anti-Semitism and rejecting attempts to justify anti-Jewish hatred or violent attacks as an acceptable expression of disapproval or frustration over political events in the Middle East or elsewhere.'

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is the first step toward making Islam the World Religion, its aggressive and persistent in its recruiting whereas Christianity is passive and in decline.

Mark my words within 50 years this Planet will be Islamic only ! Christmas is being phased out and next will be Easter.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
This is the first step toward making Islam the World Religion, its aggressive and persistent in its recruiting whereas Christianity is passive and in decline.

Mark my words within 50 years this Planet will be Islamic only ! Christmas is being phased out and next will be Easter.

This is a feel-good, do-nothing resolution. It does not create law. How is this the first step to making Islam the "World religion"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join