It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9/11 Conspiracies Forum is a Mess. And it’s The Fault of Many Members

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

This Forum Is A Mess!

We have an increasing list of repeat offenders who have turned much of the “discussion” in this forum into a mad lather of name-calling, shill-accusing, insulting, and imbecilic trolling.

This cannot continue. Decorum must return.

Some prime recent examples:

'truther' thread infested and derailed by 'OSers' - pathetic. so rude and so predictable.

stay the hell out of this thread OS drones. that much was made clear but you lot can't help yourselves can you?

well done the OS cavalry you got the truther thread shut down.. you lot are pathetic and i look forward to the day karma catches up with you all.

So, this? So, that?

That's exactly how disinfo shills work, too!

Work the topic, not the people.

We have actioned many accounts, applied many posting bans, and removed many posts. But it doesn’t stop. No one is taking a hint.

This forum has turned into an inordinate strain on our staff, and that strain stops now.

Your participation in this thread should be an appropriate contrition, recognizing the mess that has been the fault of many participating members, and recognition that such activity is a lasting humiliation to anyone who takes these topics seriously.

Change your behavior, or loose the ability to create new threads. It’s that simple.

SURPRISE: All 9/11 Threads Point Here

Until our staff experiences the appropriate level of regret and new resolve to give the subject matter, and each other, the appropriate level of respect, all 9/11 threads (for logged-in members) will point here.
edit on 1-1-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Whats that saying

I'm responsible for what I say not what or how you understand what I say

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

It's pretty hard to misunderstand calling people a Shill, or some of the other insults seen lately. There's a huge difference between debating the topic and attacking another member.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

I see we're off to a "great" start. Not holding out much hope for this forum, to be honest.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Its not hard to express yourself without a negative outlook. Some people just needa grip the fact that we're not enemies, we're all allies seeking the same answers with different ways of presenting questions, facts and evidence.

Can't we all just get along and leave the trolling and immaturity to forums like 4chan and infowars?

Sad world we live in...people can't even converse properly.

-DuR

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I agree it's pretty hard to have a beneficial discussion when disagreement leads to being called a shill or a government drone.
edit on 1-1-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Maybe that was the agenda

To shut it down

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Is this thread a redirection for certain people or for everyone? I can still see people posting on the thread that I was actively engaged in

-DuR

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Everyone is responsible for their own posts. On both sides of the fence. If someone starts throwing "shill" or other types of insults, ignore it and ALERT the post. That's what the alert buttons are for. Those people will be dealt with swiftly and decisively.

Yes, it's difficult at times to discuss passionate subjects on the internet. Name-calling never has to be part of expressing one's passion, or getting one's point across. There's no reason or excuse for it.

If someone can't discuss a subject without name-calling, then they shouldn't be discussing it at all. And they won't be if it continues here.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I would shut it down until the kids would start acting like adults.

After 15 years what else is thereto be said ?

At least a short term moratorium.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
So, this? So, that?

That's exactly how disinfo shills work, too!

Not sure how this comment is "a mad lather of name-calling, shill-accusing, insulting, and imbecilic trolling."

There were posters on that thread questioning whether the OP was "younger than 20" and "bashing away at his keyboard," yet no mod bothered to step in. The moderation on that thread was extremely troubling in my opinion.

link   
a reply to: neo96

It is effectively shut down. All 9/11 threads point here.

link   
I have a suggestion to eliminate this. Allow posters to block a user and this is also added to themselves that replies to someone they blocked will also be blocked, and the opposing member posts or replies to that member are also blocked, invisible. then no one sees the content.
If someone doesn't like me they can block me and then they won't see my posts and I can't reply to them, I can't see theirs or reply to them either. And vise versa. And no user can see a reply at all that is replying to a blocked user, or is a reply posted by a user to a person who blocked them.. Then all content in any kind of personal response will be illiminated.
Perhaps the web programming for that would be annoying, but it takes away the ability for anyone to trample on your toes any further.

I know none of that should even be necessary in the first place, and it is only a suggestion.
edit on 1-1-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Bill, this is synonymous with the meme of "flogging a dead horse".

For some reason these individuals think that what they write will actually change their opponents stance on the matter!

Some folks just don't know when to give up and walk away.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonnieMuss

Did you alert those posts? We don't see every post written, and if no one alerts them, we can and do miss them. If we action a post two pages after the post you're talking about it's easy for us to miss.

We are constantly saying alert posts and we'll look, but no one ever seems to. We do what we can, but there are only so many staff members.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
If someone doesn't like me they can block me

We're not allowing members to block other members. If someone's not mature enough to post with appropriate decorum, or not be able to contain themselves after reading a post, then they shouldn't be posting on ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Could always add 'shill', and 'disinfo agent' to the automatic ATS censors.

Or a pop up message link when someone links to a banned website.

And have it say something to the effect 'Be Nice'.

That would help with the Mod work load.

In my opinion.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

One last chance and then I agree, shut it down. I doubt anyone will learn their lesson though, that and new comers won't know the rules and the vicious cycle begins again.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The mods stated they were reviewing the thread many times. I assumed they were.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Much like "mud pit" create a "911 Childrens' Playground" forum and move the rubbish there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join