It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If YOU were the next POTUS...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

It should be fix the economy.

A healthy economy =healthy country.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
If you were elected in 2016 to be the POTUS, what would your main objective be?

1 would ask the Overlords for more transparency with their presences, here... And would as well ask for more assistance to help the world where help is needed most...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
First of all, I would dissolve our outdated constitution and replace state rights. I would surround myself with the most educated intelligent, moral people to write a new Bill of Rights that pertain to current needs. Immediate abolishment
of IRS and all alphabet agencies. Immediately convene an international meeting of all nations-no money power invited. Ensure our country's military might and enforce all borders to protect our peoples and allow all border states to protect their own as they see fit. Instantly recognize the humanitarian needs of our citizens and allow all states to take control and run according to their individual needs. Allow no US company to relocate outside the US or hire non-citizens. All immigration must stop immediately until the agencies prove they are able to perform their jobs honestly. No non-US citizen or corporation may own land or property within the US. If the states are unable to convene and agree on the major areas of budget, citizen rights and basic criminal law-states immediately have the right to withdraw from the
United States and form their own governments without threat of civil war.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Oh, I don't envy who ever has to take over after this clown.
The middle east is in chaos, because we have a weak president who appeases his obvious opposition, and does not back his" allies" makes fickle deals just to keep from showing resolve, targets gun ownership overall because of isolated incidents, and the list of his flawed logic just goes on and on. IF we make it to 2017 hopefully someone will get elected with a good head on their shoulders, instead of a fool that sees the world as he wants to see it, not as it actually is.

If you are logical, you could see that you can't appease everyone you are going to be at odds with someone if you get involved.

Take Iran for instance, the Iranian government has been very clear about their will towards the United States, they chant death to America as the fool in office grins and firmly shakes their hand, claims Isis is a joke because America is already over powered, and wants to tighten background checks on guns, instead of unlocking the mental history of the potential gun buyer.

Oh yeah, I guarantee the medical records will still be sealed from background checks, instead looking to people on terrorist watch lists, who as we saw in California, will just go through a clean third party to obtain their weapons anyway.

Naive best describes this clown.

JVpres

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Your op was funny, but who you were talking about had his own "personal" ideas about the country. Totally at odds with the way things were meant to run.

Take Obama care for example. It's a great idea! Of course everyone should get health care and it should be affordable, unfortunately this just isn't how this system works, there are and always will be dissporpotion among people, it makes sense, I mean how can someone working at McDonald's contribute enough meaning to the economy to offset the cost of full and affordable health care? I mean how are they going to equal say some guy that sell Mercedes Benz's? Or some highly skilled and intelligent computer programmer? How would a janitor equal an electrical engineer?

Unrealistic president.
edit on 1/4/2016 by Brainiac because: Crappie spell check on tablet.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Restore the second amendment to how the founders intended it.

No person should have to prove their 'worth' to the state to practice their constitutional RIGHTS.

That means ending the machine gun ban of the Reagan Era.

Ending the Patriot Act, the NDAA, and CISPA. The FISA Act from Carter is enough.

Abolition of the income tax. Fore ever.

By the time those are done.

I would probably end up like Kennedy.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I would probably end up like Kennedy.

Figured the same myself. Like the Prez is actually the MAN. Pfft. Reagan learned his lesson quickly. Their way or the.......

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Oh come on people, ya'll know you can be bought by free hamburgers, nuclear space fireworks and undersea colonies!

Vote MM!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Vroom that is a very good start! Is there more forthcoming, or did I just not see it yet?!

Thank you!

I was going to make a second page of ideas but the more I read through the thread the more I felt I would just be echoing suggestions already made. Though there are some specific things I would do beyond my original list.

I know it would be difficult it not impossible to implement, but I would like to find a way to make politicians accountable for campaign promises. Don't say it if you won't do it. No excuses. We have heard every promise there is to be made, and few if any are ever kept. If you say something to get yourself elected either you follow through or do not pass go, do not collect $200. Go directly to jail.

Why cant we treat campaign promises like binding contracts? It is a binding oral agreement of services in exchange for a vote. Lawyers...any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Wow Man! My Wife, CCbears and I were just talking about that it is Bull Shirts that The Politicians can just spout out, what they know what we want to hear, to get Our votes. Then They DON'T DO what They say They would, and NOTHING is done to Them!!!
I Totally agree They are breaking Oral contracts!!!!
Those MO#$@## FU#$#@$ should be taken to Court and at LEAST be Sued!!!!!!

Or Face MORE Dire Consequences!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Oops. DP...
edit on 4-1-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have no idea what I'd do to be honest, read the teleprompter and work on the limo? That would be my luck, I'd the first president to pull the motor in the limo. Somehow or another they'd make that happen. There might be a hundred thousand more qualified mechanics desperately needing the job and I'd be the only joker miraculously available to do the job.

One thing for certain no matter what you put on paper and write into law, no matter how good it sounds, now matter how much all the basis are thought to be covered, it just doesn't work out in reality nearly as well as planned.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

As long as they're double cheese, you're golden.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If I were the next POTUS, I'd increase the U.S. military budget after making this proposal to Congress and obtaining their authority to do so. Then I would put 10,000 boots on the ground in Syria as well as increasing the air attacks there.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would definitely work to undo any foreign trade agreements. Tax large corporations at a higher percentage. Stop off-shore money hoarding. Cap executive pay for corporations with government contracts.

I'll have more beer and think about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I will teach all those people who can see and hear, how to fish, through useful information so that they can survive where others fail. But they will never see me doing that publicly.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Truth.

Get rid of the corruption in DC. As long as you have corruption you will not get any other issue resolved. The following issues are all symptoms of corruption: economy,finance,healthcare,racism,sexuality,politics,jobs,welfare,immigration, incarceration, SS,energy, drugs, medicaid, taxes, etc.....

All those issues have existed for over 5 decades and neither party has fixed a darn thing, but coincidently enough the largest Oligopolies behind those industries are all making serious billions.

To even talk or concentrate on those symptoms while over looking the real problem of corruption is naive at best. It certainly explains why none of those things have been fixed since both party only discuss the symptoms. They keep the masses chasing their own tails by not focusing on the real issue but rather the symptoms.

What is your solution?

To start:

1. Restructure lobbying in America. Change from the current system of the highest bidder to a system that uses the latest technology to allow equal voting for everyone.

2. Place Congregational term limits.

3. Remove superpacs and private funding for gov't campaigns by using latest technologies .

4. Create gov't employee incentives based on consumer appeal and ratings.

5. All Open meetings live and recorded with all parties involved (heck might be a good use of google glasses) . The only time that back door meetings should take place is with national security measures which would have to be proven.

edit on 27131America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jan 2016 13:27:30 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I'd rebuild the 6th fleet, strengthen our national defense including a strong effort to reinforce our nuclear triad where necessary to bring same up to date, and protect our seniors and disabled by making sure all the necessary social welfare and entitlement programs are left undisturbed and fully intact.

In addition, I'd take immediate proactive steps to eradicate Isis, and then proceed to deal with Vladimir Putin from a position of strength after we have brought all of our armed forces up to date.

Finally I'd focus on what is right about our country instead of blaming America for all of the world problems as our present chief executive always does. It's about time we restored the United States to its proper position as the leading world power, and as the best hope for freedom and democracy in the Western Hemisphere, and hopefully around the world as well.

All of the above can and must be done but is only possible when we have a President who leads from strength rather than leading from behind!

These are the things I would do as POTUS.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

You can't do any of those things until you take corruption and conflict of interest away from the equation.

The information you and I have and even some politicians is so skewed by conflict of interest that you wouldn't be able to make appropriate decisions in any of those areas.

For example while you might concentrate on ramping the already most ramped military in the world you would likely still be vulnerable in the end.

The one thing that is not often mentioned because conflict of interest is that our military and defence systems are compromised by having chips manufactured in China.

Since there are billions of transistors on chips there are plenty of places to hide back doors that would be highly impossible to catch.

We can barely catch the ones that are done for monetary reasons during stress test because they use inferior parts to make money.

However, if the intent by China or other manufacture is not to make money, than they would use parts that meet the manufactures specs and would be virtually impossible to catch.

edit on 23131America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jan 2016 14:23:15 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

You make some good points ,interup42. Certainly one of the most difficult parts of the next President's job will be to effectively deal with the corruption and conflicts of interest in Washington, not only with regard to defense contractors and foreign parts, but also with regard to all the corruption and waste adversely affecting our social welfare and entitlement programs. No one ever said it was going to be easy. But its time we start trying. Long overdue!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join