It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If YOU were the next POTUS...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Lets be realistic I would do the same thing everybody here and everybody who has held tho position before has. Go into office with great ideas and a plan and find out I have the power to do almost nothing. Then know anything I tried to do could and would be challenged by the courts. Know that Congress will get nothing done but, disagree with each other and the opposition party will block anything I want to do so I can not get a win. Then get distracted by thousands of global and national issues that suddenly pop up. Have to deal with people twisting my words and making outrages claims about myself and my family. Realize that everything I want to do will have a bad consequences for somebody. Come to understand that what I think is a common sense choice is far more complex than I could ever imagine. Find out that my days "off" or vacation days just mean I only have to work a 6 to 8 hour day. Start drinking and smoking a lot. Start planning for reelection. Try and make sure my choices do not hand everything to opposition. Get reelected. Try a figure out why as President the only power I have to affect most things is to talk about them. Then be attacked for politicizing it, not talking about it fast enough, not saying the right things according this random group of people. Get to the point I do not give a crap about politics and just say what I feel. Get out of office a have my first real day off in 8 years and sleep for 24 hours. Write a book about how I would never ever want that job again.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Vroom that is a very good start! Is there more forthcoming, or did I just not see it yet?!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Well at least you gave it some thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Illegal immigrants currently here given 90 days to leave. If they do not leave, they may be put to death within 72 hrs of failure to leave.

Border w/ Mexico patrolled. Any attempt to cross illegally will be killed by border patrol on the spot.

Muslims must register and carry an ID card.

Extremist Muslims given 1 warning, then executed.

States and cities do not have the right to restrict gun ownership. New federal law will state must be 18, and display it openly.Period.

2 term limit on all elected offices.

UN membership is resigned. In fact, the UN must leave US soil.

Break ties w/ Israel.

Inform Middle-East nations to either cure the problem NOW, or we will then bonb you back to the 12th century, and take your oil as payment for the ordnance used on you.

Flat 17% tax for individuals, 20% for corporations. No more state/local sales tax. End loopholes/exemptions.

6 month max on welfare/unemployment.

End ACA.

Salary caps for politicians at 80,000 per year.

Much more, at later time

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
show up for my inauguration dressed as mickey mouse and holding a magic wand, waving it insanely about proclaiming all our problems gone, and well, being impeached before I am even sworn in because at least I am honest. If I were to actually run for that job, I would have to be insane, so well....
what can I say.
no sane person would spent the amount of money that they do to get a job that pays so much less than that initial investment. nor would anyone sane want a job that places you in the public eye 24/7, places them under armed guard day and night, never being able to go anywhere without a it being on public record, without an entourage of secret service agents, ect. weather it's the desire for power that drives them nuts enough to take the job, the insane belief that "god" has personally selected them to take it on, whatever the reason is, there has to be a tad bit of insanity in there somewhere.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

End the war on drugs. It has done far more social and economic damage than the drugs could ever do. You want to shoot heroine in the privacy of your own house? That's fine so long as your only endangering YOUR life.

Abolish the private prison industry and go back to state and federal prisons. Making money off someones imprisonment is wrong on so many levels.

Dissolve the FED and the IRS. Go back to the gold standard. Let the states and people become sovereign again.

Bring back our mental healthcare system. Stop leaving this problem to law enforcement they are unequipped and under trained for the job.

Require all law enforcement officers to take criminal justice classes. Rather than the paramilitary training they get now.

Make lobbying, corporate campaign donations, pharmaceutical ad's, and forced marketing practices illegal.

Fully exploit the hemp and cannabis plant before some other country beats us to the punch. It's the biggest cash crop in America and it's still mostly illegal. Might as well take advantage and take the cash away from the cartels at the same time.
Link

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

That is the single most depressing post I've read on ATS in my 10 years here.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
To reinstate the Constitution as written by the founding fathers.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

That's sure a lot of violence and intolerance you are advocating, in the name of... Rising up against intolerance and violence?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
To reinstate the Constitution as written by the founding fathers.

So you want to bring slavery back, and remove all the amendments.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
"If YOU were the next POTUS..." .... I would be shot and killed. I would scale back the military drastically, then..... Dallas.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Not like that. I want to ensure freedom - speech, arms, etc. I don't mean literally go back to that year.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would focus on rebuilding the electrical grid with low-interest loans to Geothermal facilities thus ending our dependence on foreign oil and our involvement in the ME.

Infrastructure would be high priority our road systems are in disrepair.

I would push for tariffs on foreign goods that would put pressure on corporations to move manufacturing back to our soil.

Tax rates on small businesses would be lower than the rates for multibillion-dollar conglomerates.

Any time the medical field is funded in whole or in part by US grants the subsequent patents will be partially owned proportionately by the US thus bringing down medical costs nationally.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'd distribute a hamburger or veggie burger to every US citizen. If that means having to hire local burger establishments, so be it. It's time the government gave back to the people!

You don't get much more American than a hamburger ... so one day a year I would decree that we have "National Hamburger Day".

I'd also use some our nukes to create a space fireworks show. I've always wondered what a nuclear explosion would look like in space.

I'd also start an initiative to create a huge under water colony and call it SeaLab 2021, because it should have its first inhabitants by 2021. We would study how to grow algee for power, food...and how to use the ocean as a renewable resource. We can pioneer life support and other technologies that can make the US economy grow, and test them for future Moon/Mars colonization. Oh, and all the people unhappy with America can get some seed money or something to go build their own under water utopias.

I'd also want a presidential submarine. Yes, SubForceOne. I want my own submarine anyway and having a super-tricked-out submarine that could double as my office would be neat. Great way to hide, and if it had nukes on board, it might serve as a deterrent too.

I'd take all the usual responsibilities seriously -- but I'd also have FUN with the office. Good lord, the world is dreary and depressing as hell these days. Why not have a POTUS that balances serious stuff with awesome-rockstar-ness. Make America great again? How about having a badass POTUS that makes Putin look like a boring wimp!?

And yes, I'm serious about the hamburgers. If nothing else.... Hamburgers. Vote MM for POTUS, at least you'll get a hamburger (or veggie burger *thumbsup & grin*)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Main objective- Bring back manufacturing to any city with a high poverty rate and raise tariffs on anything not made in the USA.

This one move would help lower gun violence, homelessness, poverty, rape, etc etc by helping our countries most dire cities get on their feet.

First are Detroit and Chicago. Yes I would literally raise taxes for that cause. 1% USA Manufacturing tax on everyone for three years.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

The same thing I do every night Pinky...

I dunno...reigning in corporate cheapskates and automatons would probably be the first issues I address- If a small business In Des Moines fails then too bad so sad-but if a multi billion dollar corp with proxies hidden all over the globe fails then we'd better dial 911.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
First I would get all the money out of politics(twas just a hobby for our forefathers and it should be the same way now)

if anything give the voting power of Congress to the people and Congress will work with the people to come up with laws, that are then voted on by the people.

then go after the companies holding billions of tax dollars in off shore accounts

Lower defense spending 50% as quickly and as safely as possible

Take all this money that we save and receive and put it towards a high level of free education and health-care and then put the rest towards space exploration and commercialization.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
1. Convince the American people to convene a Constitutional Conference to put term limits on Congress.
2. Scrap Obama care and create DexterRiley care that actually covers all Americans.
3. Create an executive committee that investigates every member of Congress and publishes information about their corporate sponsors and how their votes on legislation are affected by same.
4. Double NASA's budget.
5. Pardon everyone person in the country who is imprisoned for non-violent Cannabis infractions.

-dex

1 and 3, a lot of problems will be solved with those actions. And dismantle the Federal Reserve.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
Hey all! Hope your new year's off to a good start. Here's some food for thought..

If you were elected in 2016 to be the POTUS, what would your main objective be?
What issue or angle would you address first and foremost?
What is your solution?

.....Annnnnnnd GO ATS!

meh, I'd ask everyone to terminate their employer, then I'd ask all the employers to terminate their bankers...
then we can all skip work for an eon and start doing what we like to do for each other, not to?

not a lonely venture if we all do it!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed my main goal would be to leave country better than i found it. i would support bringing manufacturing back to america no more perks to companies that want to send american jobs overseas. i would be about improving our infrastructure our roads and railroads are becoming increasingly crappy remember the main bridge in twin cities that collapsed and they said it was because of bird poop. no lack of proper maintenance was the cause.
also our electrical grid and telecommunication networks are in vast need of updating
how would i pay for all this you say i would suggest a 4 cent on the dollar tax on all trades om the stock exchange.
now about world diplomacy
i would invite mr. putin to the white house and throw a barbecue that i personallt would cook and the two of us could come together on how to deal with isis and how to have our to great nations become friends our to nations waste to much money on war footing between each other.
domestically the problems of homelessness and the shabby treatment of our vets also would not be tolerated. every day i see houses sitting around and rotting because the banks took them from people but never got around to reselling them
that is just a few of the things i would put forward

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join