It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If YOU were the next POTUS...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey all! Hope your new year's off to a good start. Here's some food for thought..

If you were elected in 2016 to be the POTUS, what would your main objective be?
What issue or angle would you address first and foremost?
What is your solution?

.....Annnnnnnd GO ATS!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

K~

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Castrate all the corporations from this earth and return conscious freedom to the people.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The immediate seizure of all Federal Reserve assets and the dissolution of its Board of Governors.
edit on 1/1/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

(post by KEACHI removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Declare Israel and Saudi Arabia state sponsors of terror. Suspend all foreign aid that doesn't directly fund schools, orphanages, or food banks. Reaffirm the constitution by executive order, suspend any activity seen as an affront on amendments 1-27. Immediately end the war on drugs by establishing a national rehabilitation and assessment group, funded by the billions we won't be spending on enforcement and incarceration of drug offenders.

And finally, establishing a national bird. The middle one

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Eliminate 90% of all federal government agency funding, by Executive Order.

Place all remaining federal government employees on part time.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
1. Convince the American people to convene a Constitutional Conference to put term limits on Congress.
2. Scrap Obama care and create DexterRiley care that actually covers all Americans.
3. Create an executive committee that investigates every member of Congress and publishes information about their corporate sponsors and how their votes on legislation are affected by same.
4. Double NASA's budget.
5. Pardon everyone person in the country who is imprisoned for non-violent Cannabis infractions.

-dex

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Dissolve churches tax exempt status.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Dissolve churches tax exempt status.

I would eliminate all federal taxes.

That would allow former tax-exempt organizations to practice free speech.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

- Outlaw career politicians. Introduce a maximum of 2 x 4 year terms, irrespective of the department or branch of public service one wishes to join (Cheney, Rumsfeld et all come to mind).

- Dissolve the Federal Reserve and open up an investigation into Banker fraud and market manipulation - jail everyone who is guilty, after a very public shaming trial.

- Dissolve media ownership and the use of propaganda to further agendas, all media to be owned by the public, with full public accountability.

- Withdraw from all foreign military arenas and limit the defense budget to domestic security.

- De-militarize the domestic law-enforcement agencies and immediately implement mandatory live-stream body cameras and drug/alcohol testing.

- Go after the gangs that are destroying black and Hispanic neighbourhoods - there will be blood - but in the end there will be no-one left alive who is not willing to give up their gang membership - prison is NOT an option - death for this scum.

- Dissolve and bring to trial the CIA, NSA, DHS and aother alphabet agencies for deceptive conduct domestically and abroad which has led to wars and a massive death count since the 50's.

- Reinforce the 1st and 2nd amendment rights of civilians and that the freedoms and desires of the individual share equal weigh to those of the collective. You are not protected from the full force of the law if you physically harm another human in any way.

- deconstruct the government and through social media, elect representatives based on their merit and policy platforms - not money and bloodline links. Because media will be publicly owned, all those individuals who throw their hat in the ring get an equal say before the citizenry (no more FOX vs CNN candidates). The public become the electoral college.

- Deconstruct the 2-party system and encourage policy based upon protection of freedoms whilst upholding the Constitution.

- All assets seized through the court justice system after the trials of banksters, dynastic bloodlines, corporate oligarchies and media moguls are to be on-sold to help finance a massive project in enhancing public infrastructure through-out the nation with primary focus on free communications, transportation and medical care for everyone.

- Illegal immigrants are not immigrants - they are invaders. Enter the US through proper and legal means, or be treated like an invader. As all infrastructure is for public consumption, there will be a zero-tolerance policy for any individual who circumvents the legal means of immigrating to the USA - which may be anything from death to immediate deportation for the individuals and their affiliates.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Congress:
1. Term limits.
2. Any pay increase must be based on individual merit and approved by 2/3 of their constituents.
3. Congress can not acquire or enjoy any benefit for themselves that they have not also secured for the general public.
4. Congress shall at all times be subject to the same laws, rules, and regulations as the general public.
5. Members of congress can not accept any money, donations, or gifts of any kind from corporations, their board of directors, or CEO's.

Judicial system:
1. Innocent until proven guilty applies to everyone, all the time.
2. A police officers testimony has the same legal weight as a lay person.
3. Losing, tampering with, or obscuring evidence is a felony with a mandatory prison sentence.
4. Judges, court officers, and any federal, state, county or municipal law enforcement officer convicted of a crime automatically receives the maximum allowable punishment by law and forfeits any and all tax payer funded benefits.
5. Prisons are to be places of reform and education.
6. All laws imposed on the general public will be enforced in prisons also. Every violation committed in prison adds to the term of the person committing the violation. Prisoners with life sentences will be upgraded to death row upon further infraction or violation of law.
7. Death row has a maximum of six months residence before execution.

Immigration:
1. Legal immigration is permitted provided proper vetting is insured, and, the person(s) applying for citizenship can prove within reasonable doubt they will a) not commit criminal acts, b) commit acts not in the best interests of the US, c) will not become a burden to society, d) have a job skill that is currently lacking among US citizens.
2. Illegal immigrants, their families, and anyone who aids and abets their entry into this country or attempts to hide or protect them from deportation is deported and denied re-entry to the US.
3. Any business caught employing an illegal alien will pay a fee of $1000 per day of employment for each offending employee.

Finance:
1. Banks must repay bailout money received with interest or forfeit holdings sufficient to repay the debt.
2. Any corporation that outsources jobs or moves its headquarters off US soil may no longer sell any products or provide any services to US customers.
3. No corporate employee, CEO, board member, or managing director can receive a salary (including bonuses and stock options) greater than 500X their lowest paid employee.
4. Corporations will pay the same income tax rate as their highest 10% wage earners.
5. Property tax is directly related to property value.
6. Decrease income tax and increase sales tax to compensate.
7. $12 per hour minimum wage.
8. Employees must be given a minimum two week notice prior to termination or lay off.

This is just a start...
edit on 1-1-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I would focus on nationalizing the food and healthcare industries... for starters.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I dig that answer

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Have sexual relations in the oval office with Kermit the frog.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
1. Get a balanced budget amendment thru congress. Any first-year economy student could balance the budget if he/she tried.

2. Pass congress term limits.

3. Get rid of ALL lobbyist.

4. Resolve that there will never be anymore "bridge to nowhere" spending boondoggles (see #1).

5. Review all military after-market suppliers. Charging exorbitant amounts for bits and pieces is rampant. When I served in the USAF I saw single fasteners (nuts & bolts, etc.) that we paid $10 or more for.

6. Pass election reform. Spending $500 million to get a job that pays $450K seems pretty rediculous to me (see #3).

7. Change congress income to $100K per year and eliminate their lifetime incomes after their term is up (see #2).

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I would do many things...

I would immediately ask for a meeting with both parties leadership in congress, and ask for a list of agenda items that both parties could agree to.

I would set a meeting with Vladimir Putin to design a path to peace in the middle east that would see both a US and Russian presence that we could both get behind and enforce.

I would ask for a budget that decreases the annual increase in expenditures by 1% and that funding would all come from social services. I would repeat this until we arrive at a balanced national budget.

I would ask for a commission to look at selling federal (BLM) land to US entities only, to begin paying down the US national debt.

I would approve the Keystone pipeline and drilling in the ANWAR.

I would build a wall along the Mexican border with appropriate security measures to ensure a sound border. I would also increase border security on the Canadian border.

I would make the second amendment and open carry the law of the land, and would enforce this with a presidential executive order that addresses the second amendment, as the highest law int he land.

I would legalize marijuana and euthanasia, nationwide.

I would create an amnesty program, that involves a rapid path to citizenship, for all Mexican immigrants in the USA, who have no criminal history, and would provide for a process to bring their families in, based on a set of parameters.

I would invest heavily in civil defense projects, to provide a safer situation in case of a rogue attack or dirty bomb attack, to protect the general population from fallout.

I would boost the space program, double its budget, and prepare to build a moon base, with the Russians and Chinese, simultaneously getting ready for manned trips to Mars.

I would make it a national priority to cure cancer within eight years and would dedicate 100 billion dollars for research. This would be paid for by repealing Obamacare.

Cease all visa applications form any country that is a state sponsor of terror. These countries would also have full embargoes placed o them, in all categories.

Increase support to Israel... Deploy Aegis and Patriot systems to South Korea, and Japan.

Pressure China to disavow North Korea. I will trade them Taiwan, for Korean unification. It is the same thing, if you think about it.

Remove Turkey from NATO, and pull all US support from the country. For this, Russia, will remove all forces from Ukraine, and Ukraine will become a part of the EU. Russia will be guaranteed security by treaty and no ABM system, or military installations will be deployed within 500 miles of their border. All US sanctions to Russia will immediately cease.

Turkey will be investigated, and if found to be a state supporter of terrorism, then the US would support a worldwide embargo of Turkey, until a new government could restore a secular democratic governance.

We will send 100,000 troops to Iraq. 50,000 troops to Afghanistan.

The US military will get a 800 billion dollar budget, and force strength will be boosted to 2.5 million troops in all services. Retirement rehires will be used to boost ranks, and reserve forces will be reactivated to front line status, including navy vessels, armor, trucks, aircraft, and support equipment.

The US will be more free, and the Bill of Rights will be a huge part of our administrative actions. America is a free land, and must be compassionate and strong, supporting the rights of freedom, and must not be a bully, or a villain. We represent order, opportunity, and not

The navy and air forces will be strengthened to provide security and a deterrence effect.

Student loan rates would be pegged at the FED rate, to reduce costs. Universities that receive student aid dollars, would be required to have a graduation rate of 80% or higher.

K-12 education is not the venue of the Federal government and the US Department of Education would be closed. All education legislation would be shelved and the lack of constitutional authority for this incursion would be noted. States would be required, by state courts and local legislative actions, to provide these services for all impacted students, and they could keep the revenue local to offset the costs and decide how to provide formerly Federally mandated services. All of the Title programs would be eliminated due to a lack of federal jurisdiction. (This would be adjusted out of the federal tax scheme to allow the states to determine who these expenditures would occur.)

I would reiterate my support for law enforcement, and would give them all of the appropriate military equipment they need to get the job done.

I would make political correctness known as a first amendment killer, and would sanction any governmental agency that sanctioned a US citizen for a differing view.

I would travel the country, and meet people on a regular basis, to get support and build a family nation where everyone is a part of the process. I would hear from the little man, what matters, so that my acts have a positive impact.

I would order the government to streamline regulation, and reduce red tape to get the economy moving.

I would never sign a bill that had not been read by congress, and was not well understood.

I would lead, and be humble at home and strong abroad.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CT_Flyboy
1. Get a balanced budget amendment thru congress. Any first-year economy student could balance the budget if he/she tried.

2. Pass congress term limits.

3. Get rid of ALL lobbyist.

4. Resolve that there will never be anymore "bridge to nowhere" spending boondoggles (see #1).

5. Review all military after-market suppliers. Charging exorbitant amounts for bits and pieces is rampant. When I served in the USAF I saw single fasteners (nuts & bolts, etc.) that we paid $10 or more for.

6. Pass election reform. Spending $500 million to get a job that pays $450K seems pretty rediculous to me (see #3).

7. Change congress income to $100K per year and eliminate their lifetime incomes after their term is up (see #2).

All swell ideas, but unfortunately they amount to bandaids in the long run.

Capitalism will always wind us up right where we are no matter how many times we hit the reset button.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Space elevator construction!!!

Feel free to talk the details, but my presidency would end with space colonization by America!

We are behind here by a few other nations, to include china and canada...America will soon be the useless fool of the modern world unless we do big science once again.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Let's see...

seagull is going to be the next President? Cool. First things first...need a cool vacation home. Oh,wait, Camp David is there...good enough for goin' on with.

Next...

Selecting a Cabinet. Political flunkies need not apply. Bugger off boys and girls. Go charge several million for speeches.

Replace lots of ambassadors. Sooner, rather than later.

Congressional leaders from both parties would be regular guests at the WH. One branch can not/should not do it all. The Supremes can come, too.

Speech before Congress outlining my plans, assuming I have any, for everything under the sun.

Double my Secret Service guard...I suspect I'll be pissing some people off.

1) Reiterate my support for the First and Second amendments. I'm not coming for the guns, or your free speech. Say what you will.

2) State Dept. under my guidance, since they're barely competent to tie their own shoes, will begin to reexamine our relationships with Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Israel.

3) The Defense dept. would be renamed the War Dept. as it should be. That's its business to prepare for, and fight wars. Speaking of the War Dept... Pay of enlisted personal would be doubled, across the board. Both active and retired. VA monies would be doubled at first, more as necessary. The boys and girls that shed blood will be taken care of...period.

4) Other War Dept. funding would be examined. Weapons research that show promise would be continued, those that are boondoggles would be scrapped.

5) National infrastructure would be a priority. DOT secretary would be someone who has actually had to deliver things on the road. A truck driver, or someone of that sort. Bridges. Waterways. Dams. all would be prioritized for repair, as needed.

That'll about take care of my first term.

Can't fix everything. Not going to try. But I will prioritize what I think needs doing. I will explain why to the American people so they can explain to their employees (me, and Congress, lest we forget.) what they want, or don't, done in that list. They say no? No, it is. If they think something else should be done...that will get added to the list.

I work for them. No one else.

Shocking that I got elected.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join