It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas ‘Cop of the Year’ exposed as member of Mexico’s most dangerous cartel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Caught on video illegally selling assault rifles and sensitive information to undercover informants, a former officer of the year has also been accused of secretly working for Los Zetas cartel in a drug trafficking conspiracy in operation since 2006. Although the cop allegedly provided the cartel with firearms, bulletproof vests, luxury vehicles, police scanners, and database access, recently filed court documents revealed at least two convicted coc aine traffickers are cooperating with the government against the disgraced cop.

I wonder if this will open a pandoras box of Texas LEO corruption?

Fired from the department following his own arrest, Juarez claims he had no idea that his nephew was a member of the Zetas cartel. But as the evidence continues to pile up with undercover surveillance videos and co-conspirators testifying against him, Juarez appears to simply be another cartel associate who successfully infiltrated the Houston Police Department.

The irony is that a cartel associate masquerading as a LEO probably sent people to jail for drug offences.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

10,000 posts...Congrats

I thought they would of run you off by now...

🏆 🎉🖖🏼

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The conspiracy angle: Los Zeta's used to be the biggest cartel before the DEA/CIA backed the Sinaloa cartel and took them from rags to riches in under 10 years.

Over the last few years the heat has been turned up on the 3 letter's over their complicity in various operations in Mexico (Fast/Furious, Mayan Jaguar, etc). So they "broke off" with Sinaloa.

So here we have a Texas cop doing work for Los Zetas in Houston (where they are heavy already) being busted on an opertion stemming from the days of heavy Sinaloa backing.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If this story is true, I'm not surprised in the least. The whole reason the 2006 Mexican Cartel Wars happened is because the Mexican law enforcement agencies were so heavily infiltrated by the cartels. So the Mexican President sent in the military to both fight the cartels and to clean out the corruption.

It ended up being an entangled 3 way war between the military, police, and cartels. Some LEOs were helping the cartels ambush other LEOs & military, while some were helping the military. And this was in addition to the cartels that were fighting each other.

edit on 1-1-2016 by enlightenedservant because: misspelled a word. don't judge me

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What a world, what a world

Does God know this is happening ?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
What a world, what a world

Does God know this is happening ?

Yes he does this is all part of his big plan

He said he would use the sins of his children
To bring about great works

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: piney

Lol so you're saying God's allowing countless murders, drug deals, robbery, kidnapping all for his Grand Plan?

What a miserable life 'he' must lead.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cartels have sleeper agents waiting to be activated in every major city's police department in the US.
edit on 1/2/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Was about to make a thread on this; dayuum this is cop of the year at that, It could almost be based on a short lived T.V series aired earlier last year about a cop who was cartel.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Oh Americans and their obsession with guns.

Wait that's idiot speak I don't do that.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
If this story is true, I'm not surprised in the least. The whole reason the 2006 Mexican Cartel Wars happened is because the Mexican law enforcement agencies were so heavily infiltrated by the cartels. So the Mexican President sent in the military to both fight the cartels and to clean out the corruption.

It ended up being an entangled 3 way war between the military, police, and cartels. Some LEOs were helping the cartels ambush other LEOs & military, while some were helping the military. And this was in addition to the cartels that were fighting each other.

Not at all, the Mexican president sent the army against the cartels because they kidnapped a family member due to he not paying a big drug related debt. It all went down hill from there and they had to pretend to be fighting the war on drugs, in fact it is very common for politicians to be fully involved and sometimes be the leaders of drug cartels in Mexico.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The cartels reach further into the US justice system than anyone is comfortable admitting. It's why we let them have the border and have tried to get them to kill each other rather than fight them ourselves.

new topics

top topics

join