It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dating site for white people is turning heads?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: piney
Racism is Marxism

Who ever says the word racist
Is a Marxist stooge

We are under attack and no one can see it

Racism has existed before Marxism, and will always exist. Because it can affect each and every person.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

This made me laugh -- "Bah.. The world is a dream, and i'm the dreamer, waiting to be awakened from the illusion." awareness10 keep up the work, I support you and your views, do not become apathetic yet! HOLD

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with a majority-white dating site for the same reasons that you mentioned. The arguments that I see in the article aren't quite valid: Again, some people just prefer to date those of the same skin color; it's not a "racist" thing, but maybe that's all they find attractive.

I don't think it's putting anyone in camps (or the new term "silos") - chances are, if a person has signed up for that particular site, then they aren't looking for another skin-color to find their soulmate (aka, they probably would have filtered out specific colors on the more diverse sites if they joined there).

-fossilera

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

lol..holding...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Racism is Marxism

Is a Marxist stooge
Raised and breed in the instatutions
That were infiltrated back in the 60s

America is being turned into a communist
Country
The same has happened in Australia
Everyone around me is turning
Into a communist stooge
Homosexuality is spreading
Feminist are multiplying
God is being removed from our lives
Woman and men have contempt
For each other

Then how do you explain racism before the birth of Karl Marx?

Did Marx have a time machine and go back in time to instill racism?

Perhaps a magical wand made of commie-dust and the seed of Mao that, with the flick of the wrist, allowed racism to permeate the fabric of space time and cause people to become racist thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of years ago?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Racism is Marxism

Is a Marxist stooge
Raised and breed in the instatutions
That were infiltrated back in the 60s

America is being turned into a communist
Country
The same has happened in Australia
Everyone around me is turning
Into a communist stooge
Homosexuality is spreading
Feminist are multiplying
God is being removed from our lives
Woman and men have contempt
For each other

So gays seeking equal rights under the law= communism??
Feminist not wanting to be forced into traditional roles =communism
Not believing in your particular brand of bronze age fiction = communism
Some men and some women always had contempt for each other =communism.
Basically anything not in your world view is defined as communism, I am satisfied not using your dictionary.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

That is ridiculous. Now if the site was literally founded on racism, say the KKK, then I understand the outrage but even then they would still have the right to exist.

There are bigger fish to fry in this world and anyone caught up in this is wasting their time.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

It's that sort of ignorance that gives the Right-Wing and Conservatives a bad name. (Aside from the insanity of its elected officials, that is.)

How the hell is homosexuality supposed to be Communist, anyway?
And honestly, I'd say most religions are closer to being Communist than Capitalist. The ones based on principles of sharing, kindness, and equality, at least.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If you read the original article, you will notice that there is no mention of it being "racist",,,, simply as being an outdated mode of thinking.

But again, any google search for a specific race dating website will almost certainly turn up results.

It seems that it is politically incorrect based solely on the basis that it would be a website for white people to meet other white people to date, while totally ignoring that there are plenty of websites for other races other than white/Caucasian people to meet people of their own race.

I wanted to leave the racist aspect out of this, because we are talking a personal relationship preference.

Dating websites are designed to meet people like yourself, with like interests and common goals in life. If you only want to date people that fall within specific guidelines that you set for yourself, then by all means go for it.
edit on R292016-01-01T23:29:17-06:00k291Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Its limiting, but I see no issue here. if a person has a preference, then so be it. you can filter out results in norm sites however, so I think its a bit redundant
heres the thing though
racists need love too, and in a general site, they dont have a unspoken connection like a site like this would offer (or other racial sites for other colors..all are of the same mindset..find my people only kinda thing).

surprised it took this long frankly.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Eh, I wouldn't dismiss them as racists. I personally just don't have that much physical attraction to African-Americans or Middle-Easterners (in general, that is.)

I mean, I'd probably go to a normal site and just filter, if I was even interested in online dating to begin with, but still, you're a bit quick to pull the "racist" trigger.
edit on 1/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: SaturnFX

Eh, I wouldn't dismiss them as racists. I personally just don't have that much physical attraction to African-Americans or Middle-Easterners (in general, that is.)

I mean, I'd probably go to a normal site and just filter, if I was even interested in online dating to begin with, but still, you're a bit quick to pull the "racist" trigger.

I wasnt trying to suggest that everyone using a site like that will be racist, but I would say a racist seeking out a kindred racist would find that site appealing. but that goes for all those "this color only" sites...also extends out to bigotry and such, christiansingles, etc...doesn't mean everyone at the christiansingles is some holier than thou atheist hater..but that type would look there for like minded and find success easier no doubt.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Only black people can have dating sites catering to their race, anything else is racist.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - A billboard for a dating website along SR 201 in West Valley City is getting a bit of attention, with many Utahns saying the website it advertises represents outdated thinking. The giant ad for WhereWhitePeopleMeet.com, between 5600 W. and 7200 S., is turning heads and leaving residents with many unanswered questions.

fox13now.com...

Seriously..... people are upset about that? Do they bother to research this stuff? A quick google will get you this:

BlackPeopleMeet.com

BlackSingles.com

BlackPlanet.com

AfroRomance.com

BlackCupid.com

BlackScene.com

AfricanPassions.com

And that is just Black dating sites...add in Asian, Latino, etc. The list goes on....... but people think WhereWhitePeopleMeet.com is wrong?

This is my largest critique of the social justice movement. The double standards are endless:

1) It's wrong to stereotype a group, unless it is White people and then they have no right to say anything. #WhiteTears!

2) It's wrong to essentialize a group, unless it is White people. #WhiteTears

3) It's wrong to be racist to a group, unless it's white people. #WhiteTears

4) It's great to have pride in your group and organize groups to that end, unless you are white people. #WhiteTears!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

But, but, #BLACKLIVESMATTER.

Hypocrisy at it's finest. It MUST be racist.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So if that web site is Racist what does that make "Farmers only.com" ??
Try not to think about it while eating chicken.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

But, but, #BLACKLIVESMATTER.

Hypocrisy at it's finest. It MUST be racist.

I don't know the Population of Blacks in Utah, but iam guessing not many?? so who are the ones getting their panties in a bunch over this.. most black folks I know could give zero fks about a white only dating site.
BLM is a political stance against the targeting by LEO of black males at disproportionate rates going back decades.

edit on 2-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916
While I think online dating is not the greatest thing, a website for white people is not wrong. Is there numerous dating websites for people of other backgrounds-skin color, ethnicity, religious, etc.-which I don't think is wrong.

People are going to get upset for the littlest things out there today. Regardless if you can refute their arguments. They just want to be upset, and they'll find a provocation.

This.........

Geez.

Good thread OP. I can't read any more as this subject along with all the overkill PC BS is so utterly aggravating to me.

People go out of there way to be miserable or offended, it's insane.

One thing offends me and that's people being so concerned with what other people are doing rather than simply living and let live, meanwhile bettering themselves.

Some folks take it to the extreme. Taking there own misery out on others. Forgetting they're not perfect!

So white people can't have a dating website because its racist? Meanwhile every other race can and it is applauded? Give me a frickin break

edit on 2-1-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Did you watch the video? 3 of the 4 people "interviewed" were minorities. A black lady said she thought is was racist despite this in the websites about us

The question naturally arises, can anyone join? That answer is yes, as long as you are at least 18 years of age and you agree to abide by the rules and regulations set forth for all members to follow. We want our dating forum to be simple and inexpensive with the ability to connect like minded people in a non discriminatory fashion.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Did you watch the video? 3 of the 4 people "interviewed" were minorities. A black lady said she thought is was racist despite this in the websites about us

The question naturally arises, can anyone join? That answer is yes, as long as you are at least 18 years of age and you agree to abide by the rules and regulations set forth for all members to follow. We want our dating forum to be simple and inexpensive with the ability to connect like minded people in a non discriminatory fashion.

Haven't seen the vid but they are off their freaking rockers to think that's an Issue , but like I said the black folks that I know would have just shrugged their shoulder like meh.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join