It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dating site for white people is turning heads?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Blacks still hold power in most African countries, if you didn't get the memo.

The problem with your narrative, as well as other social justice warriors, is that you can't look at alternative examples nor specific country-level examples other than the globe or West, as if you did your narrative would fall apart.

A race doesn't need GLOBAL power to project institutionalized racism on to another group, they simply need SOME kind of power, whether that is being the CEO of a company, manager, or controlling a country.

stopped reading when you applied me to "social justice warriors", been debating with a lot of Jewish/Israeli folk whose main argument style is to put you in an undesirable group then argue based upon that group. Like saying you are like a snake then argue based upon snake behavior, no thank you.
edit on 3-1-2016 by chishuppu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: RickinVa

I think people are more offended by the implications. For example, "blackpeoplemeet.com" has white people on it, as well. It's inclusive but specializes in assisting hook-ups for a minority group. A "white people" dating site is catering to the majority and sounds exclusive. We already have dating sites that do the same thing for white people that "blackpeoplemeet.com" does for black people.

If one of those sounds exclusionary to you and the other does not that is an example of your own SOCIAL CONDITIONING and nothing else.

The sites that you say already do the same thing for white people, believe it or not, do EXACTLY the same thing for black people. I'm white and I've met black girls from online dating sites.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny
They are all exclusive in their own ways, from 'elite singles' focusing on money and profession, to big breasted women dating and all the rest of the personal preferences.
I don't see why 'X colour skin' dating is any different.

...perhaps I should whine as a white person about the Musicians of Black Origin awards? (MOBO) No particular racist barriers for black musicians so why exclude musicians with white skin?

I won't whine as that would be equally lame.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Free markets and all.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chishuppu

I'm not downplaying your suffering I'm refusing to allow you to use it to treat others differently because of it. Or more correctly I'm refusing to not call you on it. I despise racism in all it's forms, and just because you experienced it gives you no right to practice it without being called on it. You say you want to end racism well to do that, you need to start with yourself. How you can not understand that believing in the "white" race, and attributing things to people based upon their skin color that they did not personally do, and are not personally responsible for is inherently racist.

You want to end racism, no matter how much it hurts, you need to put aside what some people with white skin did that are racist and not let their racist beliefs make you in turn racist. Your believing in the "white" race and in doing so believing in the "black" race as well is allowing these racists to win, it's taking on the very differences they wrongly see in you and embracing it rather than refusing to let what they believe take hold and railing against it.

These racist told you, you were different, they told you that there are whites and there are blacks, that they're a separate people. When you agree by doing the same in kind, racism wins. Well they are wrong. And if you agree with them, you are wrong.

There is no "white" race, there is no "black" race. Race is a belief, like a religion, it's a thing that only holds power because people believe in it and refuse to let go of that belief. There is no "black" culture, there is no "white" culture. There is however multiple racist cultures.

All those cultures that come from a region in which most people are one skin color does not make the made up concept which is race that's associated with that skin color an inherent aspect of that culture. Take Africa for example, African tribes are at war because they don't see or believe in some mystical black brotherhood, they're just different tribes of people that happen to be black skinned.

This being said just because a culture is racist doesn't mean every aspect of it is bad, as culture includes things like music, food, etc too. Same as just because someone is a racist, it doesn't mean everything else about them is bad. But the racism, that's bad, no matter what originated that belief.

I understand there's prejudice people receive for having black skin, I understand there's been wounds suffered, and a socioeconomic situation created by racism that has caused many with black skin to start at a socioeconomic disadvantage. But it's not because of some made up white race.

It's because of racists and racism. It's because of people that thought their skin color made them special, and because of people that thought your skin color made you subhuman. It's because of corrupt people obsessed with power that took advantage of African tribalism to enslave people of African descent, it's because these people used the made up concept of race to excuse their treatment of these slaves, and continued to harbor and push these beliefs after slavery was ended. These people, these corrupt power obsessed people, they're my enemy too. Because it's not really about race for them, not the ones that caused this, it's about power. The little ignorant racist for whom it is abut race is just a tool. Those that created this situation actually know better, and they want me to have a better life no more than they want you to.

They want to use us, abuse us, and treat us all as subhuman and inferior, because neither you or me are part of their privileged elite.

So you keep pretending I'm your enemy because I have white skin, that others with white skin are also responsible for what's happened, for what racists who happen to share the same skin color did and are responsible for did and do. Those that are oppressing all of us really appreciate your assistance in keeping all of us peons divided and maintaining their careful orchestrated status quot.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: chishuppu

I'm not downplaying your suffering I'm refusing to allow you to use it to treat others differently because of it. Or more correctly I'm refusing to not call you on it. I despise racism in all it's forms, and just because you experienced it gives you no right to practice it without being called on it. You say you want to end racism well to do that, you need to start with yourself. How you can not understand that believing in the "white" race, and attributing things to people based upon their skin color that they did not personally do, and are not personally responsible for is inherently racist.

You want to end racism, no matter how much it hurts, you need to put aside what some people with white skin did that are racist and not let their racist beliefs make you in turn racist. Your believing in the "white" race and in doing so believing in the "black" race as well is allowing these racists to win, it's taking on the very differences they wrongly see in you and embracing it rather than refusing to let what they believe take hold and railing against it.

These racist told you, you were different, they told you that there are whites and there are blacks, that they're a separate people. When you agree by doing the same in kind, racism wins. Well they are wrong. And if you agree with them, you are wrong.

There is no "white" race, there is no "black" race. Race is a belief, like a religion, it's a thing that only holds power because people believe in it and refuse to let go of that belief. There is no "black" culture, there is no "white" culture. There is however multiple racist cultures.

All those cultures that come from a region in which most people are one skin color does not make the made up concept which is race that's associated with that skin color an inherent aspect of that culture. Take Africa for example, African tribes are at war because they don't see or believe in some mystical black brotherhood, they're just different tribes of people that happen to be black skinned.

This being said just because a culture is racist doesn't mean every aspect of it is bad, as culture includes things like music, food, etc too. Same as just because someone is a racist, it doesn't mean everything else about them is bad. But the racism, that's bad, no matter what originated that belief.

I understand there's prejudice people receive for having black skin, I understand there's been wounds suffered, and a socioeconomic situation created by racism that has caused many with black skin to start at a socioeconomic disadvantage. But it's not because of some made up white race.

It's because of racists and racism. It's because of people that thought their skin color made them special, and because of people that thought your skin color made you subhuman. It's because of corrupt people obsessed with power that took advantage of African tribalism to enslave people of African descent, it's because these people used the made up concept of race to excuse their treatment of these slaves, and continued to harbor and push these beliefs after slavery was ended. These people, these corrupt power obsessed people, they're my enemy too. Because it's not really about race for them, not the ones that caused this, it's about power. The little ignorant racist for whom it is abut race is just a tool. Those that created this situation actually know better, and they want me to have a better life no more than they want you to.

They want to use us, abuse us, and treat us all as subhuman and inferior, because neither you or me are part of their privileged elite.

So you keep pretending I'm your enemy because I have white skin, that others with white skin are also responsible for what's happened, for what racists who happen to share the same skin color did and are responsible for did and do. Those that are oppressing all of us really appreciate your assistance in keeping all of us peons divided and maintaining their careful orchestrated status quot.

Wow, that's gotta be the post of the thread as far as talking sense goes.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'm not downplaying your suffering

I just want to say I am. Cause im 100% you and every black person I ever meet was never alive when slavery was around.

Its all in your head.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I'm not downplaying your suffering

I just want to say I am. Cause im 100% you and every black person I ever meet was never alive when slavery was around.

Its all in your head.

True but it's after effects still lingers in the air like a stale fart and affects everyone , I know you are a Brit so you may not see it the same way in your country, but in an American context it can affect where we live, economics, health law and order etc. yes many if not most have pulled themselves out of that situation ,especially within the last 40yrs and a sea change have taken place, but don't think for one minute that others are not busy at work trying to roll back the clock , earlier you mentioned Ebonics,Gangster culture and tribalism as if that was the high water mark of most African Americans, I'll let you in on a little secret , most AAs communicate in standard English in non blue collar jobs but revert to ebonics at home or among group gatherings.

The sub culture of gangsterism is a common feature among a lot of Americans and Im not talking about it's present form among AAs but going back nearly a 100yrs where people now look with nostalgia upon on the likes of Lucky Luciano, Al Capone, Bugsy Segal, Meyer Lansky , Jesse James, Bonnie and Clyde Machine Gun Kelly etc, there were even celebrated in their own time, and romanticized today even with peculiar ethnic speech pattern and accents,but were every bit as thuggish doing the same things that today's Black and Latino gangsters are doing now.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Given that this is ATS and not stormfront..
I thought this thread might be about Chester Nez and the Native American code talkers?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

We "Europeans" are knocked for wanting to meet someone like US.

Yet EVERY SINGLE other race/ethnicity gets to do it without anyone whispering a word.

And WE are called 'racist'. I've had enough. I'm done with the whole thing.

I'm already called a racist because I support Trump. I don't mind black chicks, but I'd never date one, and my fiance would never date a black guy. I guess, according to the progressive standard, we're hardcore racists.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No, it's not. And what you said is straight up bigotry, devoid of any thing except personal conjecture.

There is no such thing as cultural superority or inferority, cultures weren't and aren't meant to be measured against each other like a damn material object. It's just an excuse to say "white people are better than ___".

There is a reason predominantly African American community’s suffer from high levels of illiteracy, poverty, crime and unemployment and its not whites fault.

Ignorance is bliss and your living in Nirvana.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
white people are the dominant race in the USA, they do not need niche markets. .
If you reversed it and there was a website somewhere in asia or africa which was aimed at white people meeting white people I don't think it would seem so unusual..

The sad part is it's frowned upon to have a website aimed at meeting white people in a white country.. its just more pc gone mad..

Thats fine as long as all the other race preferencial websites stop being race preferencial,if they dont, then if people dont want to see a website for white people to meet, then i suggest they simply ignore it. iMHO if a dating site for white people is wrong, so are dating sites that are exclusive for other races. Who cares if whites are the majority, are they supposed ro have LESS options than other groups to prove they are tolerant? Is the majority supposed to be repressed to appease e minority? I dont think so, thats a form of tyranny.
edit on 4-1-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Is there a ginger girl dating website?.
I should attempt to go for Internet dating but it still feels wrong to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Is there a ginger girl dating website?.
I should attempt to go for Internet dating but it still feels wrong to me.

Yes. From a profile I found for you:

Name: Becky
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 120lbs
Hobbies/interests: having people play connect the dots with my freckles, getting sunburn, looking forward to getting grey hair and losing my temper.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Freedom of choice is exactly that, freedom to choose who you want to date and where you want to live, even if it excludes other races or cultures, whatever...it only becomes wrong when you start to force other people to conform with your choice. People having a problem with people who only want to date white people and who would like to remove a platform to facilitate their choice, are bigots. Just because your POV coincide with the view of the majority does not give you the right to force others to conform with it. The majority is almost never right in anyway.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No bm no more redheads.
That girl sounds like all of my ex redhead wives.
If I ever look at another redhead slap me.
I will check out uniform dating and look for a person in a return of the jedi princess outfit.
edit on 4-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chishuppu

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Blacks still hold power in most African countries, if you didn't get the memo.

The problem with your narrative, as well as other social justice warriors, is that you can't look at alternative examples nor specific country-level examples other than the globe or West, as if you did your narrative would fall apart.

A race doesn't need GLOBAL power to project institutionalized racism on to another group, they simply need SOME kind of power, whether that is being the CEO of a company, manager, or controlling a country.

stopped reading when you applied me to "social justice warriors", been debating with a lot of Jewish/Israeli folk whose main argument style is to put you in an undesirable group then argue based upon that group. Like saying you are like a snake then argue based upon snake behavior, no thank you.

You still didn't answer any of the points, which are solid.
edit on 7-1-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Anyone who complains about a "white" dating site should just button their lip up and move along. There are plenty of "black" dating sites, as well as about every other race.

Slavery, racism, affirmative action, etc have absolutely no play here. It's a DATING SITE. To make it about more than that is just ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

yes totally agree. thin kits stupid just coz we use the "white" it offends small minded idiots.

we have Black Entertainment Channel

imagine if we had a "White Entertainment Channel" oh no!!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join