It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer and chemo

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
a reply to: Pardon?

1)You prove it that they get!

2)But what I m saying that high percentage on the cancer development is external influence.

1) The post above, the shark with a tumour, that's a great white shark seen near Neptune Island in Australia, their waters are under high environmental protection.

2)How convenient that you keep ignoring my last post here. What caused cancer on dinosaurs 70 million years ago?
What caused cancer on humans 4000 years ago?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: meremortal

i think if you want to end up dead(at least sooner) you should go for the all natural plant based #.
how is that even an option?
take the chemo. take the rads. take the pills.
gonna be terrible while you are going through it but its your best bet.

i never understood how people even questioned stuff like this if they have cancer.
modern medicine that has proven effective or some leaves and shark oil.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

i see both sides of the picture, but the doctor side of the picture, yes she cares, she cares very much, but to me she is blinded by the system, she believes what she was brain washed (at uni, one afternoon of diet if any) to believe, chemicals all the way, pump then into you! even the multivitamins are not real vitamins ffs!

I am not scared or worried, I am happy right now,never felt happier, i have made big life style changes and i feel great! i have done much research, spoken to folk who have had chemo and radiation, heard so many testimonies , i have made my bed and now i will lie in it! it's a journey and i have other things to work on too!

i am planning my Organic Veg garden for the spring, have two big men who are going to build the beds for me out of pallets, i planted my 1st Wheatgrass seeds today

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Sharks can move trough ocean. And since that shark have tumor on the jaw, it is highly possible it was injured by fishermen, watch how they cruly hunt them. There are so many possibilities and all of them involve humans. In perfect world without humans sharks would mist probably not get cancer.

Dinosaurs and ancient humans could get genetic cancer and trough natural radiation, physical injuries...

But today's cancer and back then cancer can not even measure because then cancer was rare, and today every live person have chance of 50% or more not sure about the correct percentage I read sonewhere, that you will get cancer in your lufetime.

I don't know why are you saying that dinosaurs got cancer, what do you want to say?
All live tissue that grows can get cancer. But we humans are increasing oercentage of every living thing on the planet to get cancer.

Please focus on that, not about one shark got cancer or one dinosaur or one human from ancient time got cancer. Focus why every other human today have cancer or will get one... Focus on that and ask your self why...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Maybe you should go and read cababis and cancer thread, maybe you can see different picture.

I respect everyone who got chemo and survived and they are positive about it, but if you are not one if it hem please don't encourage people into something that could kill them.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Maybe you should go and read cababis and cancer thread, maybe you can see different picture.
I respect everyone who got chemo and survived and they are positive about it, but if you are not one if it hem please don't encourage people into something that could kill them.

And where do you stand when somebody fritters away a chemo treatment window on cannabis oil, and dies anyway? On your say-so. Where is your accountability? Who are you to discourage treatment that a trained oncologist prescribes?

Talk is cheap...so tell me about your personal cancer experience? For somebody who has not faced that particular demon to tell others to ignore their doctors is, at the very best, immoral. Perhaps it is even criminal.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: saadad

That would be me.

Relying on snake oil to treat cancer will kill you far more surely than radiation and chemotherapy.

edit on 1/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: meremortal
a reply to: Night Star

i see both sides of the picture, but the doctor side of the picture, yes she cares, she cares very much, but to me she is blinded by the system, she believes what she was brain washed (at uni, one afternoon of diet if any) to believe, chemicals all the way, pump then into you! even the multivitamins are not real vitamins ffs!

I am not scared or worried, I am happy right now,never felt happier, i have made big life style changes and i feel great! i have done much research, spoken to folk who have had chemo and radiation, heard so many testimonies , i have made my bed and now i will lie in it! it's a journey and i have other things to work on too!

i am planning my Organic Veg garden for the spring, have two big men who are going to build the beds for me out of pallets, i planted my 1st Wheatgrass seeds today

Unfortunately she's not the one who's brainwashed.

Like I said, I hope you're one of the lucky ones who gets through without chemo because what you've decided to do is ineffective.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I respect everyone who have shown that they have cured cancer alternatively.

Well, I would if there were any...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Agartha

Sharks can move trough ocean. And since that shark have tumor on the jaw, it is highly possible it was injured by fishermen, watch how they cruly hunt them. There are so many possibilities and all of them involve humans. In perfect world without humans sharks would mist probably not get cancer.

Dinosaurs and ancient humans could get genetic cancer and trough natural radiation, physical injuries...

But today's cancer and back then cancer can not even measure because then cancer was rare, and today every live person have chance of 50% or more not sure about the correct percentage I read sonewhere, that you will get cancer in your lufetime.

I don't know why are you saying that dinosaurs got cancer, what do you want to say?
All live tissue that grows can get cancer. But we humans are increasing oercentage of every living thing on the planet to get cancer.

Please focus on that, not about one shark got cancer or one dinosaur or one human from ancient time got cancer. Focus why every other human today have cancer or will get one... Focus on that and ask your self why...

It's pretty simple.
Earlier and more accurate cancer screening and the fact that we live longer.

scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org...
Snippet:
"So this begs the obvious question: just why is our risk increasing?

The simple answer is... most of us are living longer

Now, how about backing up ANYTHING you've said with some evidence.
(Especially your shark one.)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

It's pretty simple.
Earlier and more accurate cancer screening and the fact that we live longer.

Exactly this! ^^
I have posted this here so many times: the majority of cancer is found in those aged 65+.

Saadad (regarding your last sentence), I know why (see above), I also know that the only possible way we have -right now- to kill cancer cells is with conventional medicine. Nothing else has been proven to work. Maybe in the future we will be able to cure cancer for good or to destroy cancerous cells with treatments that are not so rough, but we simply cannot do so right now.

edit on 26-1-2016 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Yes I agree that age is factor for cancer percentage. But why are you trying to ignore facts that we are spreading cancer. Can't belige you can be so blinded.

Why are you conststly looking for facts that back your standing. Try searching the facts that we humans spread cancer.

Instead of saying that there is so much cancer because we live longer, which us true BTW, you could go and research how many little kids have cancer today compared to 100 years ago. Maybe that will give you some light.

And no I don't need to give prove for sharks that live in clean water don't get cancer because you or nobody else can give prove that they do get.

So nobody can say what us right until someone makes a clean research which is hard to do and pointless.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Yes I agree that age is factor for cancer percentage. But why are you trying to ignore facts that we are spreading cancer. Can't belige you can be so blinded.

Why are you conststly looking for facts that back your standing. Try searching the facts that we humans spread cancer.

Instead of saying that there is so much cancer because we live longer, which us true BTW, you could go and research how many little kids have cancer today compared to 100 years ago. Maybe that will give you some light.

And no I don't need to give prove for sharks that live in clean water don't get cancer because you or nobody else can give prove that they do get.

So nobody can say what us right until someone makes a clean research which is hard to do and pointless.

Evidence based medicine is why we need facts to back up what we are saying.... and nobody is denying we are not to be blamed for some percentage of cancer rates (due to pollution, lifestyle, etc).

Regarding children: in the UK (which has the lowest cancer rate in Europe and significantly lower than the US and Australia) childhood cancer rates have increased more than 30% since 1966 and one of the reasons is earlier detection.

You should also consider that fifty years ago 3/4 of those children with cancer died, whilst today more than 3/4 survive.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
for the OP:

I have found today a bit old article (published in 2014) for alternative cancer treatment, maybe take a look and do more research if there is some more useful info about this plant.

Snippets from the article:

A little-known Chinese herb might be eligible for the growing list of alternative cancer treatments. According to studies published in Life Sciences, Cancer Letters, and Anticancer Drugs, artemesinin, a derivative of the wormwood plant commonly used in Chinese medicine, can kill off cancer cells and do it at a rate of 12,000 cancer cells for every healthy cell

By itself, artemisinin is about 100 times more selective in killing cancer cells as opposed to normal cells. Artemisinin is 34,000 times more potent in killing the cancer cells as opposed to their normal cousins. So the tagging process appears to have greatly increased the potency of artemisinin’s cancer-killing properties. – Henry Lai

www.collective-evolution.com...

good luck and wish you get well ASAP!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

As you have proven yourself quite open minded, but not saying I am alway of the same opignion, here for you an interresting paper I hope you will read.

This is real science, by opposition of most appeal to authority fallacies seen in this thread posted by sycophant and science buff wannabe...

@OP: Print this paper and bring it to your doctor and ask what he think about it. There is no obligation to abandon normal chemotherapy, both treatments are compatible.

Ketone supplementation decreases tumor cell viability and prolongs survival of mice with metastatic cancer - Poff - 2014 - International Journal of Cancer - Wiley Online Library

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I've consistently said that environment plays a part in cancer, the issue is just how big a part that is.
And it seems that you are blaming all cancer on the environment.
And that 's were facts are needed to back up what you state.

I ask for evidence as without it what you state means nothing and since you stated that sharks don't get cancer in clean water then you need to back it up otherwise it's an assumption at best, at worst a belief.
Remember, sharks get cancer. Whether they would or wouldn't in clean water is your statement therefore you own the burden of proof.

As for childhood cancers on the increase, well it's difficult to get accurate figures from 100 years ago but I've found some from 1975 until 2010.
Overall, since 1975, the total incidence rates for childhood cancers in the USA has increased by around 0.6% per year.
Look at page 3 of this document.
www.cancer.org...@research/documents/webcontent/acspc-041787.pdf

Why has this happened?
Here's a snippet from the paper.
"Reasons for increases in incidence rates are largely
unknown. It is possible that some of this increase may be due to
changes in environmental factors. Improved diagnosis and
access to medical care over time may also have contributed, as
without medical care some children may die of infections or
other complications of their cancers without ever being diagnosed.10
The sharp rise in incidence of CNS tumors that occurred
in the 1980s is thought to reflect increased detection of tumors
as a result of the introduction of magnetic resonance imaging
(MRI) and stereotactic biopsy (biopsy accompanied by computer
imaging), leading to more complete reporting (see section
on CNS tumors, page 32).
"

Again, the reasons are unknown. If you believe they are caused by something specific then please share the evidence.
Simply repeating the same thing over and over again is pointless.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

As you have proven yourself quite open minded, but not saying I am alway of the same opignion, here for you an interresting paper I hope you will read.

This is real science, by opposition of most appeal to authority fallacies seen in this thread posted by sycophant and science buff wannabe...

@OP: Print this paper and bring it to your doctor and ask what he think about it. There is no obligation to abandon normal chemotherapy, both treatments are compatible.

Ketone supplementation decreases tumor cell viability and prolongs survival of mice with metastatic cancer - Poff - 2014 - International Journal of Cancer - Wiley Online Library

The doctor would probably say it wouldn't be advisable for breast cancer...especially if it hadn't metastised.
Ketones and lactate increase cancer cell “stemness,” driving recurrence, metastasis and poor clinical outcome in breast cancer

Considering what the OP has got, it's probably not the best route is it professor?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Go the natural route. Chaga mushroom, Turkey tail mushroom, Soursop, baking soda+maple syrup etc. You need your immune system now more than ever. Chemo was never designed to heal anyone. It destroys all tissues and causes the cancer to come back more aggressively.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes
Go the natural route. Chaga mushroom, Turkey tail mushroom, Soursop, baking soda+maple syrup etc. You need your immune system now more than ever. Chemo was never designed to heal anyone. It destroys all tissues and causes the cancer to come back more aggressively.

Cite your references, please. Tell me how you dealt with your own cancer.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes

Don't forget to post your contact details so the OP or her family can discuss with you what to do when this doesn't work.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join