It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natalie Cole Dies at 65

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Chart-topping R&B singer Natalie Cole, who followed her legendary father into the music business with hits like “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” and “Unforgettable,” died at age 65.

“Natalie Cole, sister beloved & of substance and sound. May her soul rest in peace,” tweeted the Rev. Jesse Jackson on New Year’s Day.

Natalie Cole Dies at 65

Another staple from my historical favorites is now gone. So young. Incredibly talented. I can't think of anyone who didnt just love this amazing artist!

RIP Nat..xo

edit on 1-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: Sp

(post by DOCHOLIDAZE1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

May Natalie Rest in Peace and may the choirs of Angels sing her home...

She turned her life around and stayed clean of drugs for many years. She also lent her celebrity to kidney disease awareness, transplant, and fundraising after she received a donor kidney.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
She will be truly missed. Sad she has died so young. She and her father are 'unforgettable'.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The end of 2015 and the beginning of 2016 seem to be starting out with the deaths of a lot of great people:
- Meadowlark Lemon
- Wayne Rogers
- and now Natalie Cole.

May they all rest in peace, and their legacies live on!

-dex

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

is there not some retorich that it all happens in threes in hollywood?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm not really fan of that style of music but her voice was extraordinarily beautiful as were her eyes. She had a hard life and didn't handle it well but turned it around. For those things, I admired her.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Nat King Cole died decades before Natalie Cole recorded “Unforgettable” in 1991, but she still made their duet happen on stage in an incredible performance that had to be seen to be believed. The Tribute to Nat King Cole in 1992 saw Natalie performing a “digital duet” with her father, him singing on screen, her live on stage. With Natalie’s death on January 1, it’s impossible not to remember the greatness of that moment. Click through to watch!

Sorry if this had been posted...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
SAD i loved her fathers music and the duets the pieced together with her

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I don't think there was a mention of her during the Grammy Awards last night?

BTW..somewhat unrelated to the thread's title, but to CBS's credit, they're not leading on the Front Page of www.cbsnews.com today with self-hype about last night Grammy Awards. Instead, CBS is leading with Florida Tornado touchdowns. ABC would keep Grammy news front and center for at least 24 hours, even if Florida was devastated.

edit on 2/16/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

join