It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government 'recognises' anger at Donald Trump comments

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: queenofswords

Its amazing how in denial some of you guys in the states are.

But that is your problem.

To be fair the thread was highly divisive by its nature.

Also, it's not going to happen so it seems someone is trying to pick a fight.

I would also like to add...Most American Citizens (myself included) don't get your system.

All that whistling and booing. Mixed with some pointing and a lot of yelling.

So, when Brits in peticular, charge in to American Politics like you guys get it ?

Wasn't there a war about that ? If the Americans elect a President you don't like. So What ?

So Please my British busybody's, light up a fag and let us elect the guy we choose..

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Wouldn't that be like smashing up your hotel room to protest against ad service and then realising you still have to stay in a smashed up hotel room?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Does the UK ban Japanese and other east asian countries leaders for their countries stance on no muslims?!?!?

Thought so.

Does the UK ban saudi royalty into the country still? a country with numerous violations of civil rights?

thought so.

Let's be consistent. These people are truly just whining to whine.

This on an equivalent level of stupidity as when americans tried to rename french fries "freedom fries" during the 2nd invasion of Iraq due to france's political stance.

I don't even like Trump or his policies but out of spite for how much I depise the current 1st world crybabies I may vote for him. This may be the straw that changed my mind.

So your point is that you do not like it when we do not like your idiots?

The UK thinks that Trump is an idiot and you have an issue with this how?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Discotech
I think it says more about us than it does about him, we don't like what he says, ok let's ban him from the country.

It's censorship at its core and while I disagree with what he says and think he's an idiot when it comes to politics I don't think we should censor him from our country

It sets us on a very slippery slope where we begin banning plenty of other people just because a vocal minority (500k is a minority number compared to the population) are offended by someone says

Would it not be better to let him in ? Challenge his views with logic and reason rather just ban him with no chance of changing his mindset or making him see sense ?

Its not censorship issue.

Its a border control issue.

He is not a UK citizen and therefore does not have a right to enter.
It is a privilege to enter the UK for him and one that can be revoked at any time.

He is a walking security risk and letting him within our borders will add nothing of benifit to the UK.
So no point letting him through our borders.

Hahaha...., He's gonna remember all that if he wins. That could create a high demand of knee pads in UK.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I would also like to add...Most American Citizens (myself included) don't get your system.

So, when Brits in peticular, charge in to American Politics like you guys get it ?

Wasn't there a war about that ? If the Americans elect a President you don't like. So What ?

So Please my British busybody's, light up a fag and let us elect the guy we choose..

And here we go again.

You guys get freedom and we get to agree with your right to choose?

Really?

How about you apply your own rights to the rest of the world then.

Really?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah but he's potentially the next leader of a nation that is one of our few real international allies and the diplomatic fallout would leave us isolated. It seems to be a remarkably stupid and unrealistic thing to call for.

If he becomes president the special relationship would be damaged anyway. It wont be the first time a president has strained relations. But luckly they get two terms max and next the President may repair things.

Sure our alliance with the USA is valuable but we shouldnr sacrifice our moral fabric to keep it at all costs.

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015I think anybody should be allowed to talk here, even violent extremist hate mongers should be given a platform, then they should be intelligently debated in public and ridiculed so the validity of their ideas never even takes root. The more you shut somebody up, the more people want to hear what they have to say.

Im not saying we should shut trump up.

In this day and age you dont have to be in the UK to hear them.

And im 100% for free speech for British citizens.

But why let NON british citizens within our borders if they will just cause trouble?
What value does it add to oyr society?
Immigration and travel should be for those add value.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

You can elect who you like.

The question is about border control and the fact we dont have to let into our country who you elect

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I think it says more about us than it does about him, we don't like what he says, ok let's ban him from the country.

It's censorship at its core and while I disagree with what he says and think he's an idiot when it comes to politics I don't think we should censor him from our country

It sets us on a very slippery slope where we begin banning plenty of other people just because a vocal minority (500k is a minority number compared to the population) are offended by someone says

Would it not be better to let him in ? Challenge his views with logic and reason rather just ban him with no chance of changing his mindset or making him see sense ?

It is a privilege to enter the UK for him and one that can be revoked at any time.

He is a walking security risk and letting him within our borders will add nothing of benifit to the UK.

Hahaha...., He's gonna remember all that if he wins. That could create a high demand of knee pads in UK.

Whats thats meant to mean?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

No one is interfering in your choice of president. We obviously can't, and we wouldn't.

The fairy tale notion that we're trying to is entirely in your head. That's your delusion.

The point is that one of your presidential candidates has caused enough of a crapstorm of his own doing, from his own mouth to potentially get himself banned from the UK if he carries on the way he has been doing.

Isn't that embarrassing? Are you proud of that? Do you want that to happen? What do you think the ramifications are of having a presidential candidate banned from entering the borders of your closest ally?

Take off the blinkers a minute and think about it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Means you might had a chance to see how fast your government change their opinion.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I find it interesting that entering the UK is a priveledge... it is ironic considering that Trump just thinks the US should re-examine the priveledge of entering the states... and it's not a right here, either. It seems like the whole world has declared war on terror, but gosh darn it the US better be hyper vigilant in its political correctness. Just silly... the UK has not influenced US politics for a very long time, and hell, we mind our own business when it comes to the UK. Imagine if we had something to say about your Queen, would it matter?
edit on 1-1-2016 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Isn't that the kind of crap Hitler said to the Poles in 1939?

I mean, I know you're a big bad keyboard warrior, but we're trying to have an intelligent conversation here, so enough with the territorial pissing huh?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

I find it interesting that entering the UK is a priveledge... it is ironic considering that Trump just thinks the US should re-examine the priveledge of entering the states... and it's not a right here, either. It seems like the whole world has declared war on terror, but gosh darn it the US better be hyper vigilant in its political correctness. Just silly... the UK has been influencing in US politics for a very long time, and hell, we mind our own business when it comes to the UK. Imagine if we had something to say about your Queen, would it matter?

Reallly?

Do you honestly think UK members have an opinion about the Queen?

Come on, if you want to say something then at least have a basic understanding of our politics.

Honestly to go down that route is plain sillly.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Means you might had a chance to see how fast your government change their opinion.

What you going to bomb us ?

We do something you dont like so your messiah trump will bully us?

One thing about us Brits, we dont suffer bullys well. You act like a jerk and we will dig our heels in further out of spite.

I want trump banned from the UK even more now!

Just to see you Americans get more butt hurt and your pride wounded!

Some needs to be used as a example to show Americans are not special little snowflakes.

You dont own the world and you dont have special rights of entry get over it!

link   
Dp
edit on 1-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

Yes it would, because we don't live in isolation from the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Ha ha ha ha, I knew you would defend him so really what's the point? Imagine if any real politician said that, like Obama, you would be all over his ass and you know it! But since a conservative said it it's totally okay. I know boarder guards, in fact one of them was featured on Boarder Wars, and what Trump spouts is just nonsense and that's because the majority of crap coming out of his mouth are exaggerations and lies.

No, I don't want a politician like him, ever.

Of course, I'm going to defend him when he has been misrepresented, misquoted, and taken out of context. You probably don't live in a border state. You have absolutely no real idea what is happening in towns along our border. Do some real research. Boarder Wars? You probably meant Border Wars, but boarders will do just as well.

He may not be the candidate I want, but he will be a damn better president than the lying, thieving, corrupt alternative being pushed down our throats.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

I find it interesting that entering the UK is a priveledge... it is ironic considering that Trump just thinks the US should re-examine the priveledge of entering the states... and it's not a right here, either. It seems like the whole world has declared war on terror, but gosh darn it the US better be hyper vigilant in its political correctness. Just silly... the UK has not influenced US politics for a very long time, and hell, we mind our own business when it comes to the UK. Imagine if we had something to say about your Queen, would it matter?

Say what you like about lizzy.

Most of us dont give a rats arse about old queeny.

Plus she nothing to do with uk politics anyway.

Its our PM camron thats the political head of the UK and you can say what you like about the pig shagger too.
Hell ban him from the USA! We wont blame you! We would love to ban him from the UK, only problem is being a UK citizen is we cant

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It would only matter on a level that hurt our nation's relations, the UK wouldn't consider backing away from the royal family. It might piss the Brits off, and I like you guys, so I don't want to do that

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Star for you, but it is just in jest. I think you guys would be pissed, heck, Cameron would get his popularity back in a hurry

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join